No Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, if you've put 60+ hours into it (i have no way of knowing how many hours i've played.. there is no counter, is there?) -- and your stuff is maxxed out (besides starship, but who wants to farm like 50 million to get the 48 slot ship)... what else is there?
I guess it is just about different players expectations.
If I get a game like uncharted or asscreed then I am looking for that 100% trophy, enjoying the story, and moving on.
But if I am.playing some procedurally generated exploration game I am more about tooling around D and enjoying the game than trying to finish it off in a hurry.

how much time is normally spent on a single planet? I was on my first one a couple hours it had alot of plant life and animals I've been on this second one with no plant life or animals but it's loaded with gold and emeril for 12+ mining it. It seems the whole planet is dead except for the traders should I move on or just keep on loot blueprints and building up my credits and gek words?

how much time is normally spent on a single planet? I was on my first one a couple hours it had alot of plant life and animals I've been on this second one with no plant life or animals but it's loaded with gold and emeril for 12+ mining it. It seems the whole planet is dead except for the traders should I move on or just keep on loot blueprints and building up my credits and gek words?

As much as you want - that's the beauty of it. I've spent 30 seconds on some, 3-4 hours on others.

Well, that's really for you to decide. If you're having fun on a planet then by all means stay there as long as you want. When you get bored of it, move on to next one. If I'm on a planet with a lot of drop pods or rare mats like Iridium or gravitono balls I will usually stay longer and farm a bit.

Speaking of gravitino balls - I've noticed that any planet I land on where the sentinels are labeled as hostile, there are a shit ton of either poison sacs, gravitino balls or vortex cubes, denoted by a "!" on the scanner - one of each of those nets 26,000. Soon as you touch one the combat sentinels come a running. I locate a bunch, make the run and swipe as many as possible, then take out the sentinels or horizontal boost far enough away until they reset, rinse and repeat.

zpJ185.gif

just remember.. whatever you've got on that planet, there're other planets that will have the same stuff, if not better. 18 quintillion!

my best advice is: don't stay if it's not fun. i've detailed in depth ITT how much i hate mining the gigantic gold/emeril/aluminum node things, it's so boring for me. so i flat-out just don't do it.

just remember.. whatever you've got on that planet, there're other planets that will have the same stuff, if not better. 18 quintillion!

my best advice is: don't stay if it's not fun. i've detailed in depth ITT how much i hate mining the gigantic gold/emeril/aluminum node things, it's so boring for me. so i flat-out just don't do it.

Speaking of that and since you hate mining those, did you know that the big "potatoes" in space amongst the Thamium 9 rocks also contain those minerals? I've found gold, zinc, copper, nickel, aluminum and emeril in those.

Speaking of that and since you hate mining those, did you know that the big "potatoes" in space amongst the Thamium 9 rocks also contain those minerals? I've found gold, zinc, copper, nickel, aluminum and emeril in those.

yep. i'm primarily doing those from system to system if i need those metals (tho i keep ilke 1000 of each of the green things on hand in case i need them for anything)

i need to kill more starships as we discussed earlier, so i'm just doing that in space to get $ instead of going to planets atm, trying to find things to shoot down

you ever attack the freighters? my ship isn't designed for heavy combat, but i'm curious if you get much from them

What's the biggest playable ship so far?

i think 48 is the max, it's where your exosuit caps out, too (that one i can confirm.. when you get the atlas pass, you get suit slot upgrades so easily)

yep. i'm primarily doing those from system to system if i need those metals (tho i keep ilke 1000 of each of the green things on hand in case i need them for anything)

i need to kill more starships as we discussed earlier, so i'm just doing that in space to get $ instead of going to planets atm, trying to find things to shoot down

you ever attack the freighters? my ship isn't designed for heavy combat, but i'm curious if you get much from them

Nope, haven't tried attacking freighters yet. Might try that tonight.

so, extreme planets..how do you find them?

I've heard rumors like "blue stars" etc... is that accurate?

Is there any color indication on the planet of how hot/cold/etc it could be that i'm not noticing? (like, i've flown towards red planets and found them temperate, not hot at all)

is there any clue to finding the more hazardous planets? I need them for the survival achievement thing and the rarer resources

so, extreme planets..how do you find them?

I've heard rumors like "blue stars" etc... is that accurate?

Is there any color indication on the planet of how hot/cold/etc it could be that i'm not noticing? (like, i've flown towards red planets and found them temperate, not hot at all)

is there any clue to finding the more hazardous planets? I need them for the survival achievement thing and the rarer resources

I just get them randomly. Not sure what the different color stars mean.

I just get them randomly. Not sure what the different color stars mean.

just did some research, people think there are two factors which cause extreme planets..

the star color is more of a rumor, not proven

factor 1: proximity to the center of the galaxy.. the closer you get, the more crazy creatures and planetary conditions become

factor 2: distance from the sun -- the closer or further from the sun in any solar system, the more extreme

i think 48 is the max, it's where your exosuit caps out, too (that one i can confirm.. when you get the atlas pass, you get suit slot upgrades so easily)
I mean like largest physically? Is a a ships with more slots a lot bigger? Like in comparison to other ships?

I mean like largest physically? Is a a ships with more slots a lot bigger? Like in comparison to other ships?

it varies.. loosely, but it varies. sometimes huge ones have 10 slots, lol.. sometimes small ones have 35...

but yea, if you're in a pretty far out there space station and you see a giant ship, it's PROBABLY got a lot of slots?

but i think officially: not an indicator..

I don't think so. I've had a big ass multi-tool with 24 slots and a tiny little pea shooter one with 26 slots so I don't think size is always related to slots.

Just depends it's up to you. Make sure you sell stuff you don't need before going into space ( gold,exc) would suck to mine for four hours just to have space pirates kill you

I remember reading Electronic Gaming Monthly and Gamepro as a kid and would avoid games rated under an 8. Now I see gems like this rated a 4, 5, or 6. Crazy stuff. I wonder how many great games I passed up on back then because I was brainwashed by some shitty opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back