[No Source - Unconfirmed] Bret Hart On MMA vs. Wrestling

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Mod edit: There is no source so this is unconfirmed.

Bret Hart said "Any idiot can hurt someone. It takes real talent to have a match with someone for 30 minutes or so, to look like you're hurting each other, and at the end of it nobody gets anything worse than some bruises."

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you could get more than bruises and actually die trying to land from the sky

Apples and oranges.

One's acting and performing stunts.The other is real combat.Each have their own unique skill but is an entirely different field.

Just ask this guy...

He is technically right.

The MMA community will no doubt lose its shit about it though...

GOAT...

He has a point. Especially when you're wrestling on about 300 cards a year.

Context... Relax, fuckers.

It's a blurb. The statement is obviously not a stand alone comment. Was it an actual answer to a question ? Was it just a tiny part of a much longer answer ?

I mean because NOBODY would ever try to tailor an answer to further their agenda.

There's way too much missing for a reasonable adult to get excited, or insulted about.

And, I have NOT watched a professional wrestling match in over 25 yrs.

635771674003152464-298896861_tumblr_inline_mzw0z64rt11rkatgp.gif

Edit- 15:30 is basically when Bret says the quote in question. Clearly not about MMA

He posted this yesterday

Edit-

Link where he said this about mma. He's said this in interviews before but it had nothing to do with mma.

I think you're trying to stir shit. He's said this before about Bill Goldberg when he broke Brets neck with a sloppy kick

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you really argue with the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.

why do you care a professional wrestler's opinion, stop sharing pw's opinions,quotes, nobody cares them in this forum.

This is coming from a guy who was kicked in the head so hard by Goldberg he had to retire.

When I was younger Bret Hart was my favourite WWF wrestler but this is a bullshit comparison.

He is technically right.

The MMA community will no doubt lose its shit about it though...
He's not technically right if you can reverse his quote, yet it remains true:

"Any idiot can act and pretend. It takes talent to have a real fight with someone for 25 minutes maximum, to really hurt each other, and at the end of it nobody gets anything worse than 3 months suspension."

Tell me this is not true!

Only the stupid ones.

So, about 90% of the assholes in here.

Yeah, true true! We can always wait for a new thread about movie stars doing fake fighting and morons putting some spin on how MMA is under attack, meet you there!

He's right. I've never heard an MMA fighter be called the 'excellence of execution'

When I was younger Bret Hart was my favourite WWF wrestler but this is a bullshit comparison.
Gotta understand: pretty much like the Gracies in MMA, The Hart dynasty are Wrestling royalty. They have the duty to take that position and spread it. No harm done, they have longer wrestling experience than the entire sport of MMA!

He's not technically right if you can reverse his quote, yet it remains true:

"Any idiot can act and pretend. It takes talent to have a real fight with someone for 25 minutes maximum, to really hurt each other, and at the end of it nobody gets anything worse than 3 months suspension."

Tell me this is not true!

Listen, you cant convert what he actually said to the opposite. What he said is true.

Now, what you translated it to and reversed it to read is also true but he did not say anything about skill and real fighting. Hes just talking about pro wrestling taking skill to pull off with no one being hurt, which is true.

.........and Phil Brooks says :.......uh, I don't know about that.

Back