No where to find control time on the ground stats?

DalchaLungiambula

Orange Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am inspired by Gianni and want to become one of his disciples.

He is a lot better than people give him credit for - he is bad on DWCS because he is forced to make picks for every fight for the show's sake, but it doesn't suit his approach which revolves around large samples of DAHTER.

Anyway, I am disappointed to learn that no where has stats for control time on the ground; only control time in total which includes wall and stall which will mess up the metrics system I am planning to use!

UFC's official site has leaders in the stat overall, but not specific DAHTER for individual fights.

Seriously guys. No one's using stats to assist their betting?

I thought you fellas were a bunch of sharps, but evidently you're all a bunch of squares.

Seriously guys. No one's using stats to assist their betting?

I thought you fellas were a bunch of sharps, but evidently you're all a bunch of squares.
as the stat guy in this forum, the answer is no. ufcstats is the best you got, you need to look at the td stats and make an assessment of the control time in correlation with td landed and then check to see if they got reversed. if you're trying to put a value on top control, its important to whom is being controlled and how long. Watch the fight on ufc fight pass or espn plus. usually if its a high control time and tds landed, then its ground control, cage stalls dont usually have tds in the stats.

You don't need to be too nitpicky , cage stalling is just as valuable as top ctrl. a fighter who gets pushed against the cage and can't reverse is usually the sign of a weak grappler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardscarf
Back