Nobody's talking about Ortega's granite chin?

Conor broke it.

Aldo took flush shots from Stephens and absorbed a shitload of punishment from Max before getting stopped in both of their fights. Conor didn't break shit.

Last edited:
It was definitely brought up. Lot of people are praising his toughness.

Max wasnt exactly throwing bombs in there, he was spamming volume punches and not sitting down on them, those are the kind of shots that hurt and are annoying but don't sleep you. We would need to see Ortega take a beating like that from a power puncher to really say what his chin is made of.

How's he going to have a granite chin when he go dropped and embarrassed all over the mat?

Don't worry though, whatever kind of stone his chin was Max just put a stress fracture in it for good. That damage only goes one direction, worse. If he'd ever been TKO'd before last night, he wouldn't have made it to the stool. From now on, he won't be able to rely on it like that again.
He never dropped, dummy.

He didn't protest at all he was thanking the lord he didn't have to go back in there with Max

Same as BJ they both quit.

on the stool.
Yeah fk, what a pussy he only took 290 significant strikes. Should have went back out there and went for 400.

You’re a fucking retard

Ortega is tough as hell. Was super impressed. Specially in the third round.

Undoubtedly has one of the best chins in the game after that display last night. Was almost surreal how he kept walking forward despite max using his face as a punching bag.
This is exactly how a fighter becomes chinny.
Ortega may want to not take this approach in future fights

His chin is very good, I was super impressed. I will be honest and say I genuinely thought he was gonna get knocked out the way it was going, but nope, he held up and took it all. Big respect.

Yes Holloway might not have Black Beast Lewis 1 shot KO power, but he still hits very hard I think, he has stopped many guys and if you look at his fights the opponents faces are often busted up badly afterwards.

First of all Ortega is Mexican lol and secondly I have heard he rarely spars hard in his camps mostly technical.

He didn't protest at all he was thanking the lord he didn't have to go back in there with Max

Same as BJ they both quit.

on the stool.
You can protest all you want but it does nothing to change the doctors decision, don't be a retard bro.

27 years old, only had a total of 14 career fights before Max.

You should have a good chin at that point to make it in MMA, but fights like that is where it starts to go wrong.
Your chin is gifted by god. You either have it or you dont.

Useless when you have no answer back but still what a chin, probably better than Diaz bros chin.

Dont even compare his chin to Diaz brothers. The Diaz brothers fought consistent elite championship level opponent's usually larger than themselves.

You casuals have a new Goat list every week.

Surreal that he never dropped man, that's heart man aswell as a good chin.

Back