Nobody's talking about Ortega's granite chin?

Because if after a fight, all you can say about a guy is "wow he's a tough guy" or "wow he's got a iron chin", the fight was probably not very good for him

Yeah it's better to be a fighter who doesn't have a rep for taking punches well! Lol

I get its a requirement because you're going to be punched in the head but here's Ortega's reputation: Gets punched really well. Doesn't win rounds, pulls out unlikely finishes.. I'll stop short at calling them lucky.

I like him as a fighter and person but his next fight will be telling...

definitely has a good chin but Max ain't exactly a knockout artist either

Your chin is gifted by god. You either have it or you dont.

Certainly true, although I think guys who spend time working on their traps / neck likely improve their ability to absorb a shot, it is mostly genetics.

My point was if you are to make it to the title, by way of going undefeated in the UFC against quality opponents, having a 'good' chin is basically a prerequisite. The system weeds out guys who can't take a punch on the way up.

So it makes sense Ortega has a good chin at this point. What we don't know is how much the beating he took from Holloway will diminish it, but considering his young age, he may well be fine.

yeah it is, now , could be also it was .
Im not sure but it seems once your chin goes through that kind of beating ,
it exponentially fades away in every next fight.
Wut...

Certainly true, although I think guys who spend time working on their traps / neck likely improve their ability to absorb a shot, it is mostly genetics.

My point was if you are to make it to the title, by way of going undefeated in the UFC against quality opponents, having a 'good' chin is basically a prerequisite. The system weeds out guys who can't take a punch on the way up.

So it makes sense Ortega has a good chin at this point. What we don't know is how much the beating he took from Holloway will diminish it, but considering his young age, he may well be fine.
Agreed. As far as this fights effect I am more worried about the broken nose then the cte. When it got broke that seriously turned the tide as you could clearly see him reeling from it. My first thought at that point was Rory vs Robbie, ever since Rory got his nose broke in the first fight he instantly wants out when it gets touched again and I believe it will be the same with Ortega even though the break wasn't as bad.

Edit: see the moose fight as an example. As soon as moose stuck him in the nose with that jab Rory was done.

After all the shots he took from Holloway, it’s best to hope his chin hasn’t started to crack.

What about his chin? Having a good chin alone does nothing for you. You have to have something else to bring to the table. In Ortega's case he didnt have anything to offer other than his face meeting Max's fists.

He didn't protest at all he was thanking the lord he didn't have to go back in there with Max

Same as BJ they both quit.

on the stool.

You seem totally retarded, how did you survive Sherdog since 2009?

Incredible chin, even more incredible heart. I already liked Ortega very much before that fight, like him even more now.

I'm not sure what his gameplan was, perhaps it was to counter-strike those in-and-out flurries by Holloway. But that did not work at all. Ortega looked like a man whose gameplan got figured early in the fight and stood in there and survived out of pure heart, looking for a last resort type of opportunity.

As dominant as Holloway was, I think Ortega could probably do much better if there ever is a rematch between these two.

Ortega needs to mix in more leg and body kick next time and not just try and box max.

He never dropped, dummy.

I must have been watching a different fight where Max hit him until he rolled onto his back, except he put himself there purposefully as some kind of reverse psychology.

Back