Nogi training at Unity for Kasai Pro

Miyao, Johnson, Hinger.

I have to think there's no way these guys aren't wearing mouthguards when they grapple. Why do they all have missing teeth?

All of the gyms I've been to most of the guys never wore mouthguards. I've chipped my teeth twice from people cranking gi chokes right over my mouth and have never rolled without my mouthguard since.

I know these guys are high level pros so their intensity is going to be much higher but damn. Watching these guys toothless makes me paranoid. I already got a fucked up ear. Do I gotta give a toof too?

Miyao, Johnson, Hinger.

I have to think there's no way these guys aren't wearing mouthguards when they grapple. Why do they all have missing teeth?

All of the gyms I've been to most of the guys never wore mouthguards. I've chipped my teeth twice from people cranking gi chokes right over my mouth and have never rolled without my mouthguard since.

I know these guys are high level pros so their intensity is going to be much higher but damn. Watching these guys toothless makes me paranoid. I already got a fucked up ear. Do I gotta give a toof too?
I have some major dental issues.

I now use two mouth guards - the bottom is a retainer from the dentist. On top I use a boil and bite.

Back