Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - August, 2017

I did a parlay of no extra innings last night because I was tired of all the late inning collapses when you bet on a team. Not something I would recommend as two of them took walk offs in the bottom of the 9th to avoid extra innings so got extremely lucky there. That blue jays collapse was unreal.

Took a few days off from betting and just watching MLB. The games the past week or two have been crazy, upsets, late inning walkoffs and comebacks.

Putting 1u @-152 on Chris Sale against the Indians. Indians are a good team and running hot but Chris Sale has been lights out all season.

Figuring out how to play the Rockies and Mets game, both pitchers have been really bad all season, Steven Matz a little worse.
Rocks at home are -125 and over/under is 12.5 in Coors field. Lots of runs probably but 12.5 is high.

Pirates
Red Sox
Dodgers
Nats
Twins
Phillies

Pirates Aka Fade Bailey

Nola up to +128. Phillies have been hot lately and their ace is up

Not very confident in my plays on philly and twins. One team that is just bad and other that has been struggling. Especially berrios. Berrios has good stuff if he can keep it together

4 out of 5 weeks in July sale gave up zero runs. His stuff is nasty and I have to favor him vs carrasco, who has been good in his own right in his last two outings

Pirates should get the job done at home.

Dodgers should get the job done. They are easily the best team in baseball and I don't know who can beat them in a postseason series

I think urena is a good pitcher who has struggled lately. Nats are due for some runs after only scoring one last night

Playing a lot of juice today. Took all ml's

Juice days haven't always worked out for me. I'm on the hook for about 10 units today lol

I liked the odds on most teams, except nats.

Astros first 5 +.5 -135 good pitching matchup Astros are crushing the ball right now. Archer has a 4 era on the road and fiers is at 2.85.

Astros first 5 +.5 -135 good pitching matchup Astros are crushing the ball right now. Archer has a 4 era on the road and fiers is at 2.85.
Stros have been scuffling lately and are 9-7 since the break. They scored a lot yesterday but that hasn't been the trend.

Fiers also gave up 3 runs and two homers in his last game vs the phillies and didnt last 5 innings

They are at evens right now for the game which sounds good, but I didn't play them

Stros have been scuffling lately and are 9-7 since the break. They scored a lot yesterday but that hasn't been the trend.

Fiers also gave up 3 runs and two homers in his last game vs the phillies and didnt last 5 innings

They are at evens right now for the game which sounds good, but I didn't play them

Yea I like what I saw from them
Last night i think they will go on a little streak now. Fiers has been consistently good at home and I'm only asking for first 5 here which rules out the pens. Thinking they will Jump on archer early

Scherzer leaving with neck spasams after one inning was the big swing for me

Also betting on bum teams like the phillies and flailing twins

Should've bought out of those. Didn't like them

Other leans I didn't bet were good lol

Pirates beat 9-1? Cmon man

On pirates again
Brewers
Nats
Twins
Cubs

Looking for some dog action today
Detroit first five
Maybe white sox

Keuchel is back

Last edited:
Dota 2 - The international day 1

2.5u Secret -0.5 vs Empire @2.2

Think Secret will 2-0 Empire. They would have a decent shot at it even a normal day, but Empire will end up playing with a stand in due to visa fuck ups. The stand in is really good, but changing a player a couple of days before the event can't be good.

Put 2.5u on Fnatic g1 vs LGD. Halfway through the draft they have a ton of high winrate heroes against weird stuff.

Got the following so far:

2.5u Secret -0.5 vs Empire

2.5u Fnatic vs LGD g1 -2.5u

2.8u Secret vs Empire -6.5kills @1.7

7.5u EG vs TNC g1 @1.55 LIVE

2.2u o51.5 kills @1.8

2.2u o54.5 kills @1.8

12u Secret vs Empire g1 LIVE @1.55

Think the Fnatic one looks like a loss, rest looks good except possibly the overs.

edit: Nvm, lol at me etc. That did not work out well.

edit again. BIg on VP -1.5 games vs DC and big on Empire g2 vs Secret. Secret does not look good, didn't look good last tournament either but I figured they were just trying shit out. Think they might be a huge bust unless they somehow gets their shit together.

Edit again: And I'm down like 20u lol. Gonna shut up about picks for a bit.

Last edited:
Took tigers first 5 +230 just because the line is just stupid. Tanaka has been ok His last 4 starts but has been wildly inconsistent all year and is 0-5 with a 14.81 era during the day.

Took tigers first 5 +230 just because the line is just stupid. Tanaka has been ok His last 4 starts but has been wildly inconsistent all year and is 0-5 with a 14.81 era during the day.
Absolutely. Same reason why I took it. It's a very small risk for a good reward, much better than playing juice

Already 1-0 and Tanaka looks like crap

They should have buried him in the first inning

Last edited:
I agree and I really thought the spread should be more than -115...
It's cause of aj Cole. 2nd big league start This year vs a power offense. 5+ era vs marlins

Worley has decent career numbers vs nats, but that's mostly as a reliever.

Harper 2-10 lifetime vs Worley

Last edited:
I agree and I really thought the spread should be more than -115...

Only game I'm betting tonight is the Nats for 1u @ -113 ML.

Worley has very very average stuff surprised he is a starter, one inning reliever made sense.

I think Nats have a bounce back game tonight but baseball games have been super weird lately.

Back