Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - February, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
@iGnP

Considering a play on Nuggets -6 tonight. Spurs on second night of back to back, no Aldrich. Nuggets at full strength assuming Murray plays. Spurs not only played last night, but had a hard fought game that went down to the wire with Jazz so the regulars played a lot of tough minutes. Thoughts?
im on the ML in the second leg of a parlay. expect nuggets to win comfortably. gl

well, yes. im firmly on the Cavs bandwagon now w the recent trades that they've made. no other team is going to win the east aside from those three you listed. NBA regular season means nothing, and the other teams in the conference dont stand a chance because they cant match up talent wise. Boston definitely had a chance pre-trade deadline but the Cavs got rid of all the toxic players and you can see Lebron's effort is 300-fold better than it was before. honestly, aside from tons of injury, other teams in the East just dont stand a chance

your logic is the exact reason i loved indy 100/1

i look at the pacers 1-9, if robinson and collison can come back healthy, and dont see a whole lot of difference between them and the celtics

your logic is the exact reason i loved indy 100/1

i look at the pacers 1-9, if robinson and collison can come back healthy, and dont see a whole lot of difference between them and the celtics
Alright, well, come April, when the Pacers fall into a low seed and ultimately have to beat some combination of Cavs/Raptors/Celtics (for the record, if the playoffs started today, the Pacers would have to beat all 3 in consecutive series in order to win the East), all without home court advantage, we can bring up how much value there was on the Pacers.

I've already switched sides onto Cleveland in terms of futures to win the East. I have three positions on it which ultimately has me profiting 3u if the Cavs win, breaking even if Boston wins, taking a slight loss if Toronto wins, and taking a big loss if one of those teams dont win.

Cleveland to win the East at + money now is a joke. They're winning this conference

edit: Actually did the math incorrectly there. I take a small loss if Boston wins also

Alright, well, come April, when the Pacers fall into a low seed and ultimately have to beat some combination of Cavs/Raptors/Celtics (for the record, if the playoffs started today, the Pacers would have to beat all 3 in consecutive series in order to win the East), all without home court advantage, we can bring up how much value there was on the Pacers.

I've already switched sides onto Cleveland in terms of futures to win the East. I have three positions on it which ultimately has me profiting 3u if the Cavs win, breaking even if Boston wins, taking a slight loss if Toronto wins, and taking a big loss if one of those teams dont win.

Cleveland to win the East at + money now is a joke. They're winning this conference

edit: Actually did the math incorrectly there. I take a small loss if Boston wins also

well, since indy is now only being offered at 50/1 as opposed to 100/1, this after collisons surgery, theories of logic say that there was valued when i mentioned the line

i dont think the celtics are as good as there record suggest...i would love the pacers to be the five and play a four then play the cs who, imo, would be at best a -400 if collison can come back to pre-surgery form(50/40/90)

a punter would be in a real nice position to hedge or freeroll a +10000 with a -400

well, since indy is now only being offered at 50/1 as opposed to 100/1, this after collisons surgery, theories of logic say that there was valued when i mentioned the line

i dont think the celtics are as good as there record suggest...i would love the pacers to be the five and play a four then play the cs who, imo, would be at best a -400 if collison can come back to pre-surgery form(50/40/90)

a punter would be in a real nice position to hedge or freeroll a +10000 with a -400
There isn't much difference between +10000 and +5000. The implied probability for each is 1% and 2%, respectively.

With that being said, I still don't see how or why you'd hedge a futures to win the East in the first round. Why make the bet in the first place if you dont think they will win the first round? If you think the Pacers are about equal to the Celtics (or whoever they play in the first round, for that matter), it makes no logical sense to hedge your position. If the C's and the Pacers get matched up in the first round (unlikely but whatever), id like to know how much you play on the Pacers series line

There isn't much difference between +10000 and +5000. The implied probability for each is 1% and 2%, respectively.

With that being said, I still don't see how or why you'd hedge a futures to win the East in the first round. Why make the bet in the first place if you dont think they will win the first round? If you think the Pacers are about equal to the Celtics (or whoever they play in the first round, for that matter), it makes no logical sense to hedge your position. If the C's and the Pacers get matched up in the first round (unlikely but whatever), id like to know how much you play on the Pacers series line

you would start hedging in the second round. this is months away, im really not even thinking about it.

Looking to take the Grizzlies at an inflated number tonight through live betting. I expect the Thunder to have a strong first quarter/first half then kinda fizzle as the game goes along.

The knicks have 72 points and hardaway has 32 points, at halftime

I thought wizards -4.5 was a good spot lol

Last edited:
Amazing player prop on Joe Ingles tonight imo. Pts+rebounds+assists o22.5 at -130.

Since they shipped Hood to Cleveland Ingles is getting a ton of minutes and easily going way over this # every game. And tonight they play the worst defensive team in the league, that also plays at a high pace. I can't believe the # is this low.

Amazing player prop on Joe Ingles tonight imo. Pts+rebounds+assists o22.5 at -130.

Since they shipped Hood to Cleveland Ingles is getting a ton of minutes and easily going way over this # every game. And tonight they play the worst defensive team in the league, that also plays at a high pace. I can't believe the # is this low.

First half 13 pts, 2 rebounds, 1 assist.

First half 13 pts, 2 rebounds, 1 assist.

Well, Ingles has one of his worst shooting nights of the entire year, going 4-16 from the floor.

And the bet still (barely) cashes! 13 pts, 4 rebounds, 6 assists. Whew, but I will take it.

@mkess101 opinion on Bucks spread today? I think Nuggets +3/ML is too good to be true

passed on nuggets/bucks. something doesn't feel right about that line

@mkess101 opinion on Bucks spread today? I think Nuggets +3/ML is too good to be true
talked myself out of a 5u wager on Nuggets at + money :(

i was able to hit them live at -200 but still, peanuts compared to what i would have wagered pre game. sigh

i was able to hit them live at -200 but still, peanuts compared to what i would have wagered pre game. sigh

I was out all night man and just saw this. I saw the line and thought the same thing at first that you did, then decided to pass because I knew I'd have no chancd to live bet the game at all. I just got home. Wish I'd have bet the Nuggets too. I'd have taken the pts and not played the ML, but still.

Bucks don't seem in sync right now. Even in that win vs Atlanta the other night, they looked disinterested. The shine of the new interim coach has worn off I think. They need to find their mojo again soon or they will be a complete afterthought in the East.

I was out all night man and just saw this. I saw the line and thought the same thing at first that you did, then decided to pass because I knew I'd have no chancd to live bet the game at all. I just got home. Wish I'd have bet the Nuggets too. I'd have taken the pts and not played the ML, but still.

Bucks don't seem in sync right now. Even in that win vs Atlanta the other night, they looked disinterested. The shine of the new interim coach has worn off I think. They need to find their mojo again soon or they will be a complete afterthought in the East.
nuggets were absurdly hot from 3, it happens. for all we know, MIL was the right side and this was just variance

for what its worth, Henson being out is a big deal imo

Just curious, what's the thought process here? You know you can bet a more reasonable amount, right? Doesnt have to be 5u or nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back