Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - January, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m being very careless here and I don’t really recommend tailing unless you totally feel the same way- but I’m rolling the original bet and winnings from last nights Boston game to the Warriors tonight.

Warriors ML -185 risk: 7.5u to win 4.05u

It’s not really a that high confidence, it’s essentially just parlaying the two MLs together
+4.05u

Oops. ThTs what I get for being wreckless

Also, adding 1.5u on Clippers ML
-1.5u

Another profitable day. I think the Clippers would have been the right side had the Thunder actually had a competitive game last night. They definitely outplayed the Clippers in the fourth quarter

On to tomorrow. Already have my eyes on another intriguing play

Seeing a gap in the market with Luca Fury's retirement, the guys at BestFightPicks, Daniel Levi & Shaq, whose Half The Battle MMA betting podcast I was mildly entertained by, have gone tout. They promise to give picks for their subscribers before the lines are even released, so you can jump on the openers like them.

They are both pretty good, and we will see how their results are with their claimed new approach. Dan is a good bettor and doesn’t straight bet -250 and up favorites all the time. His straight pick record is very good considering his avg odds played.

That being said over tracked plays on my tips page I’m up just under 60u for 2017 & would be up more if I had been doing it the whole year. I forgot who it is but someone who posts on the forum was up like 100u which was pretty awesome.

They have a few picks that they brag about that I’m not that impressed with. Best thing for them is they are researching fights in advance & hitting openers. Surely they are pretty limited if that’s the case. I feel like bragging/noting good calls at nice +odds shows more of your skills (example for me hitting Hooker, Makdessi, Ortega, Felder, Lovato) I hit all of these, and so did lots of others here.

Content is king, and they do a good job on their podcast & analysis. I need to manage my time because I would really like to start up my own thing.

I’ve hit like 8 over totals in a row these last few days....so many pregame lines are just way too low for today’s NBA and at this point in the season when a lot of teams are starting to gel and hit their stride offensively.

Last night had pregame o223 but also hit a live u244 for gsw/rockets. Had o213 pregame for okc/clippers + okc ML

Feel like my hot streak is going to run out soon but I’m going 4u o202 knicks/heat + o206 Celtics/twolves parlay

I’ve hit like 8 over totals in a row these last few days....so many pregame lines are just way too low for today’s NBA and at this point in the season when a lot of teams are starting to gel and hit their stride offensively.

Last night had pregame o223 but also hit a live u244 for gsw/rockets. Had o213 pregame for okc/clippers + okc ML

Feel like my hot streak is going to run out soon but I’m going 4u o202 knicks/heat + o206 Celtics/twolves parlay

i bought the wolves at +150. cs coming off a big win and have played close games in the three games prior.

think the cs might be offered at plus money sometime during the game

Nice day in bball yesterday.
Pre bet okc -1 for 1u
Then i live bet okc in the 2Q at +240 for 1u so total +3.4u

i was able to get okc at +200, only to see it hit +340 five minutes later. im new to betting nba and its pretty incredible how you can have 400+ point swings half a dozen times in one game

very volatile sport with very high liquidity

Any Laker fans or bettors from Los Angeles have any insight into tonight's Hornets/Lakers matchup tonight?

Hornets favoured -2.5, Lakers have lost 8 in a row, Lakers are at home tonight but they looked really bad against OKC in their last game, the effort wasn't their and it looked like they gave up which is a bad sign.

Any Laker fans or bettors from Los Angeles have any insight into tonight's Hornets/Lakers matchup tonight?

Hornets favoured -2.5, Lakers have lost 8 in a row, Lakers are at home tonight but they looked really bad against OKC in their last game, the effort wasn't their and it looked like they gave up which is a bad sign.
Check if Lonzo playing first

They straight up quit on okc..even kuzma said it

Check if Lonzo playing first

Nothing confirmed as of yet but he is available, probably know later in the day. If Lonzo is back, you think Lakers can turn it around and cover or even win?

If you are looking to play an over, Raptors/Bucks probably going over at 216.5, I have a 1u bet on it.

Nothing confirmed as of yet but he is available, probably know later in the day. If Lonzo is back, you think Lakers can turn it around and cover or even win?
Not really sure. I don’t have a good read in Lakers but Hornets really shouldn’t be road favs against any team. Lonzo isn’t great but him being out hurts the Lakers depth. I might bet them if Lonzo is back for like a unit

I saw that he said that, I was thinking do they have a bounce back game and come back motivated?
Im not sure. Im passing altogether. I like your over bet a lot ill be on it for 1u

Bucks -1 risk: 3.85u to win 3u

Pistons +5 risk 3.85u to win 3.5u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back