Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - May, 2017

iGnP

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
MLB MONDAY

Marlins (-130) risk: 1.3u

Will have NBA plays tomorrow

It's Monday and it's not a fun day. Grinding NHL and NBA while doing everything in my power to prevent my heart from turning black. Ex-gf woes and that's all I'm disclosing so don't poke or provoke me (not in the mood gentlemen!)

Not a props kinda guy unless I see value. I am always doing my due diligence, while craftily analyzing lines in the laboratory studying my butt off. As they say "hard work pays off" and my monthly wire deposits is a testament to this cause I'm Mr.Money in the bank. Man, I feel like Kanye's song "through the wire" is a perfect representation of my early life as a gambler -- who fell down, got up, only to persevere his way to success. No matter what, external forces cannot keep the kidd down. Not that "Jason with a knife" and not "the coach of the Milwaukee Bucks" whose team is now down and out! I don't know whether or not you should call me a great white shark for relentlessly hammering the bookies. Forget it. Oh crikey, just call me a hammerhead shark it's way more apropos my dudes.

Kevin Love Under 17.5 Points +105 5 Units - V.A.L.U.E enough said. end of discussion. GG

A freebie to start off the week in the green
Lets get it. There's too much money to be made and it's ripe and there for pickin'

- Barry

2U Blue Jays @ +150
1U White Sox @ +150

Also contemplating the Rays, haven't locked that bet in yet.

2U Blue Jays @ +150
1U White Sox @ +150

Also contemplating the Rays, haven't locked that bet in yet.
Severino has been throwing very well this year, why are u on the Jays if you dont mind me asking? Yankees in general are playing great

Severino has been throwing very well this year, why are u on the Jays if you dont mind me asking? Yankees in general are playing great

It's really just a system play on my end. I have Estrada rated very good for this game and Severino not highly rated due to a number of factors including his FIP against the current Blue Jay bats.

I should also note, I am only 37-27 this season in baseball, however I am only 4-7 in my 2u plays. Nonetheless, I am up 17u total for the season.

It's really just a system play on my end. I have Estrada rated very good for this game and Severino not highly rated due to a number of factors including his FIP against the current Blue Jay bats.

I should also note, I am only 37-27 this season in baseball, however I am only 4-7 in my 2u plays. Nonetheless, I am up 17u total for the season.
I was just asking for my own knowledge, wasn't a criticism of the play.

Do you think that Severino's past FIP needs to be taken w a grain of salt because of the improvements this season? If you look at last season as a whole, his FIP was 4.48 while his xFIP this season is a staggering 2.19 (albeit, small sample size). He is a highly touted prospect too so it's hard to not be excited by this jump in performance rather than to look at it as a small sample size anomaly

I was just asking for my own knowledge, wasn't a criticism of the play.

Do you think that Severino's past FIP needs to be taken w a grain of salt because of the improvements this season? If you look at last season as a whole, his FIP was 4.48 while his xFIP this season is a staggering 2.19 (albeit, small sample size). He is a highly touted prospect too so it's hard to not be excited by this jump in performance rather than to look at it as a small sample size anomaly

I didn't take it as criticism, I understand everyone is here to make as much money as possible and the more discussion about picks and view points, the better we're all able to satisfy that goal.

It is quite possible to take Severino's past FIP with a grain of salt, however, I believe that sample size is a lot larger than the small sample size that we've been given this season. Neither Estrada or Severino has been getting a ton of run support, however that's when I factor in past matchups with current hitters both guys will be facing today.

anyone else like the Braves toinight? mets have ba few key players injured in cespdes/wright/duda, and imo have a the pitching advantage as well with julio on the mound at -117 someone talk me out of it haha

Red Sox (-138) risk: 1.38u

anyone else like the Braves toinight? mets have ba few key players injured in cespdes/wright/duda, and imo have a the pitching advantage as well with julio on the mound at -117 someone talk me out of it haha
Odds are probably right where it should be. No value either side. For what it's worth, I agree that the Braves have a pitching advantage

Passing on NBA today. Gun to head, best bet is prob Spurs -5.5

Playing some MLB dogs tonight. Maybe I should stick to props since I'm 4-0-1 in my last 5 prop bets in MLB but 2-4 in my last 6 ML plays.

Phillies +162
Brewers +148
Blue Jays +175
Mia/TB o8 at +100

Last MLB play for today

1.05u Giants/Dodgers under 6 @ -105

Really need UFC 211 to get here. Outside of playoff props I'm losing money on everything that isn't MMA or NCAAB. Marlins and Astros still have a shot, but ugly inning from Boston. Bad game offensively

Live bet Spurs +145 for 1u.

Really need UFC 211 to get here. Outside of playoff props I'm losing money on everything that isn't MMA or NCAAB. Marlins and Astros still have a shot, but ugly inning from Boston. Bad game offensively
Regarding Boston/Baltimore:

Pitcher A: 4 walks and 2 Ks
Pitcher B: 0 walks and 7Ks

Pitcher B was only -130. I'd take that for 5u every time if you could guarantee me those numbers. Unfortunately for us, wasn't happening today

Regarding Boston/Baltimore:

Pitcher A: 4 walks and 2 Ks
Pitcher B: 0 walks and 7Ks

Pitcher B was only -130. I'd take that for 5u every time if you could guarantee me those numbers. Unfortunately for us, wasn't happening today

Agreed. Not gonna bank on Boston making 4 errors in that spot, on top of some bad baserunning. Plus Baltimore made a ton of great plays in the field tonight

Back