Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - October, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, sharper books have a lower price on the Yankees. I think the line is just right, Astros are just a better hitting team honestly

Thanks, I was interested in hearing your opinion. I agree they're a better hitting team, but they haven't shown it in this series so far IMO. They did put together some good ABs against Severino in the 5th yesterday, and they knocked Robertson around, so maybe they're coming out of their funk (hopefully not lol).

I was thinking I'd put my UFC winnings on NY, but I ended up with a small loss so I'll just stick to watching as a fan.

Thanks, I was interested in hearing your opinion. I agree they're a better hitting team, but they haven't shown it in this series so far IMO. They did put together some good ABs against Severino in the 5th yesterday, and they knocked Robertson around, so maybe they're coming out of their funk (hopefully not lol).

I was thinking I'd put my UFC winnings on NY, but I ended up with a small loss so I'll just stick to watching as a fan.
Yeah im not betting it. I actually have futures bets on the Astros and Dodgers so I'm pulling for the Astros to win but this game worries me a bit. I think they have to get to CC early. If it plays out like it did yesterday, I dont know that Musgrove can be perfect for 6 innings

Well I already have my Astros future bet being decided tonight.

Add to Houston or hedge with Yankees hmmmmm

I like the Astros tn. Don’t think CC can pitch like that again.

Looking at Yankees ov 2.5 at -227

Considering the juice

Might just live bet this one.

I like the Astros tn. Don’t think CC can pitch like that again.
I’ve been saying that most of the postseason and he still manages to come out and pitch solid innings. I keep saying how long can this old sloppy fatty keep doing this?

The line tonight is trappy. Books trying to get people on the yankees.

Houston has seen a lot of the yanks bullpen. Maybe last night was the start of them making the proper adjustments

I’ve been saying that most of the postseason and he still manages to come out and pitch solid innings. I keep saying how long can this old sloppy fatty keep doing this?

The line tonight is trappy. Books trying to get people on the yankees.

Houston has seen a lot of the yanks bullpen. Maybe last night was the start of them making the proper adjustments
He's not actually pitching that well. His K to BB ratio is kinda bad. He has to come back to earth sometime soon

He's not actually pitching that well. His K to BB ratio is kinda bad. He has to come back to earth sometime soon

True, but personally I put more stock into those kind of numbers to predict future results over the long term vs a one game scenario. Especially, an extremely high pressure situation like tonight. Sabathia is 10-0 with a 1.69 ERA this season after a team loss in 13 starts.

And on the other side of the coin, the Yankees have only scored 3 runs on the road this series. With their offense, that should change sooner rather than later.

Yes, I'm homering for my team right now. I'm very nervous tbh.

True, but personally I put more stock into those kind of numbers to predict future results over the long term vs a one game scenario. Especially, an extremely high pressure situation like tonight. Sabathia is 10-0 with a 1.69 ERA this season after a team loss in 13 starts.

And on the other side of the coin, the Yankees have only scored 3 runs on the road this series. With their offense, that should change sooner rather than later.

Yes, I'm homering for my team right now. I'm very nervous tbh.
understandable. i just live bet USC at +9.5 and +270 ML sorta blindy because #LAlove

Astros ML 1u @-150. Not crazy about the juice I'm laying. Busy all day with the gf and people hitting Astros hard and didn't get a chance in the morning.

I think Yankees road hitting woes will continue and Sabathia is pitching well but above his normal self but watching every game he has pitched, hitters have gotten to him the 2nd time around in the game. Green is not available, Robertson overworked and Kanhle is going to have to put up a lot of innings to get to Chapman and I don't think Sabathia will be able to go deep without getting lit up.

I also think Keuchel comes in, two days rest or not still better option than most of Astros bullpen options.

I don't like the juice but Astros edge this one.

Also let's see who outcoaches who, smallest mistakes could cost their team game 7.

Wow, amazing catch by Judge especially for a guy that size and being in an away game, not super familiar with confines of the park.

Man I was about to hit game total over 3.5 for -277

Somebody smashed that line before me and it jumped up to -350

I’ll keep holding out

Yanks over 2.5 is down to about -105 from -227 before the game

Morton pitching well

Cc having some command issues

Game total over 3.5 -241

Edit: Down to -205 now

Thinking about hitting Under 6.5 at -267 now

Last edited:
Put it on the boooooooooooooard! Yea!

Under 6.5 at -124 now