Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - October, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Astros ML 1u @-150. Not crazy about the juice I'm laying. Busy all day with the gf and people hitting Astros hard and didn't get a chance in the morning.

I think Yankees road hitting woes will continue and Sabathia is pitching well but above his normal self but watching every game he has pitched, hitters have gotten to him the 2nd time around in the game. Green is not available, Robertson overworked and Kanhle is going to have to put up a lot of innings to get to Chapman and I don't think Sabathia will be able to go deep without getting lit up.

I also think Keuchel comes in, two days rest or not still better option than most of Astros bullpen options.

I don't like the juice but Astros edge this one.

Also let's see who outcoaches who, smallest mistakes could cost their team game 7.

Called this game spot on other than McCullers coming in instead of Keuchel.

Got crushed in UFC today -3.5 units. Up 1 unit in Bellator yesterday but 12-3 in MLB playoffs this season.

Not a Dodgers fan but Dodgers should win the World Series.

Astros taxed from the Yankees series. Dodgers better starting pitching overall, better bullpen with a lights out closer. Cory Seager is back for the Dodgers probably not 100% but Dodgers winning numbers are really high when he plays and Dodgers are a good hitting team with some clutch hitters particular Justin Turner.

Yankees would have won the series if they could have hit for a decent avg on the road and some costly defensive gaffes from Gary Sanchez who should primarily be a DH in the future.

Astros taxed from the Yankees series. Dodgers better starting pitching overall, better bullpen with a lights out closer. Cory Seager is back for the Dodgers probably not 100% but Dodgers winning numbers are really high when he plays and Dodgers are a good hitting team with some clutch hitters particular Justin Turner.

Yankees would have won the series if they could have hit for a decent avg on the road and some costly defensive gaffes from Gary Sanchez who should primarily be a DH in the future.
This is going to be a really good series.

Really don’t know who i favor. Houston showed a lot of heart coming back after dropping three in a row at yankees stadium.

Astros have better defense and better hitting.

Kershaw is not pitching nearly as well as he was mid season. And I think a few other dodgers starters have overachieved this year. Astros will put them to the test

What? Taxed? the world series starts on Tuesday, bud lol both teams are gonna be very well rested. Kershaw hasn't pitched well at all this postseason (for this standards) while Verlander has been absolutely amazing. Like you said, Seager isn't 100% and the Dodgers have been resting for a while now. Can they come in to game 1 and perform well? We've seen countless teams with extended breaks come back and shit the bed. Don't get me wrong, I hope the Dodgers win, its silly to think this Yankees series drops the Astros stock

What? Taxed? the world series starts on Tuesday, bud lol both teams are gonna be very well rested. Kershaw hasn't pitched well at all this postseason (for this standards) while Verlander has been absolutely amazing. Like you said, Seager isn't 100% and the Dodgers have been resting for a while now. Can they come in to game 1 and perform well? We've seen countless teams with extended breaks come back and shit the bed. Don't get me wrong, I hope the Dodgers win, its silly to think this Yankees series drops the Astros stock

They went 7 games with the Yankees, Cubs went 7 games with Nationals and looked drained in the Dodgers series also their bullpen stunk the joint up too. I don't think three days rest is a lot after a long full season. Maybe the Dodgers come out cold which is a possibility.

Kershaw hasn't been as dominating this year but still really good and Astros really a fastball hitting team.

I feel Dave Roberts is a better coach than AJ Hinch and Dodgers have home field advantage. Really impressed with the young Dodger hitters. Close series but I think Dodgers win.

If Yankees weren't so young and inexperienced and had a decent batting average on the road, they would have won the series. Today's game was close, Bregman's throw to home changed the complexion of the game.

NFL

Broncos -1 for 1u.
Saints -4 for 1u.

Teaser for 1.5u, bought max points.

Titans +1.5 and Rams/Cardinals over 38.5 points.

They went 7 games with the Yankees, Cubs went 7 games with Nationals and looked drained in the Dodgers series also their bullpen stunk the joint up too. I don't think three days rest is a lot after a long full season. Maybe the Dodgers come out cold which is a possibility.

Kershaw hasn't been as dominating this year but still really good and Astros really a fastball hitting team.

I feel Dave Roberts is a better coach than AJ Hinch and Dodgers have home field advantage. Really impressed with the young Dodger hitters. Close series but I think Dodgers win.

If Yankees weren't so young and inexperienced and had a decent batting average on the road, they would have won the series. Today's game was close, Bregman's throw to home changed the complexion of the game.
No, I strongly disagree and I don't see how you can make a valid argument for this.

I take it that you had money on the Yankees? I think you're creating a narrative to discount the Astros for whatever reason. You're saying the Yankees could have won if xyz but you're not even acknowledging that the Astros went out and won the series with great hitting and amazing pitching in games 6 and 7. More so, the Astros lost a very improbable game in game 4 when they coughed up a 4-0 in the 7th inning. The series would have been 3-1 had Giles (who has a season long ERA of 2.3) and Musgrove not imploded

Regarding today's game: The Yankees had 3 hits all game. They consistently swung at all the junk pitches thrown at them because they were too aggressive and the Astros made them pay for it. Bregman's play was obviously a big deal but that's not changing the outcome of this game lol.

Yea, I agree with you that fatigue shouldn't be an issue for the Astros. They didn't have to use Keuchel yesterday, so both he and Verlander will be fully rested, which is huge for them.

I'd probably be picking the Astros to win if there bullpen was performing better. I think they'll need to get that turned around if they're going to win the series. The pen as a whole looked flat out bad against the Yankees.

It's a toss up series for me.

I have the Astros to win the World Series at good odds. Nice win last night. I think they have the better team to be honest.

NFL Play of the Week: Bengals +5.5 for 4.4u
Teaser: Broncos +6 & Falcons +9 ; 3.3u to win 3u

On the Bengals with you buddy! My favorite play is the falcons so New England will score 50 and win by 20.

No, I strongly disagree and I don't see how you can make a valid argument for this.

I take it that you had money on the Yankees? I think you're creating a narrative to discount the Astros for whatever reason. You're saying the Yankees could have won if xyz but you're not even acknowledging that the Astros went out and won the series with great hitting and amazing pitching in games 6 and 7. More so, the Astros lost a very improbable game in game 4 when they coughed up a 4-0 in the 7th inning. The series would have been 3-1 had Giles (who has a season long ERA of 2.3) and Musgrove not imploded

Regarding today's game: The Yankees had 3 hits all game. They consistently swung at all the junk pitches thrown at them because they were too aggressive and the Astros made them pay for it. Bregman's play was obviously a big deal but that's not changing the outcome of this game lol.

I posted that I had 1u on Astros last night @ -150. No money on the Yankees or to win the series.

Bregman's throw was so perfect and McCann applying the tag and holding onto the ball. If that throw comes chest high Bird scores, if the ball comes in the dirt because of the rushed throw because of the bang bang play and scoots away or Bird's slides jars the ball away from McCann's glove while sliding home. Game is tied 1-1 and if ball gets away, runners on 2nd and 3rd instead of 1st and 2nd with 1 out. Headley then preceded to ground out to 2nd, if men were on 2nd and 3rd, a runner scores and Yankees up 2-1 with 2 out and runner on 3rd. That throw was perfect along with the tag, amazing play it could have changed the momentum of the game.

Altuve comes up in the bottom of the inning and hits a homer Astros up 2-0. Morton and McCullers pitched amazing last night but I don't agree that Bregman play didn't have a big impact on the game last. John Smoltz former Braves pitcher didn't break it down but commented something like that play could have changed the game an inning or so later.

I'm betting on Dodgers to win the World Series in a close series.

And what if the bum dodgers show up for the series? Don’t forget about them.

They were looking like the bad news bears for almost a month

I’ve already bet Houston for game 1 and that they score more than three.

I would take them for the series but +145 isn’t tasty enough

And what if the bum dodgers show up for the series? Don’t forget about them.

They were looking like the bad news bears for almost a month

I’ve already bet Houston for game 1 and that they score more than three.

I would take them for the series but +145 isn’t tasty enough

If you think it's a pickem series and Astros take game 1. Taking series odds for +145 now is a good line to take. If Astros take game 1, series odds will be even or Astros slight fav to win series.

NFL Play of the Week: Bengals +5.5 for 4.4u
Teaser: Broncos +6 & Falcons +9 ; 3.3u to win 3u

what is your angle on the bengals game? i was going to live bet the steelers if the bengals scored first. i also think bryant could have a good game today

what is your angle on the bengals game? i was going to live bet the steelers if the bengals scored first. i also think bryant could have a good game today
Value more than anything. I think if you factor in the extra rest for the Bengals, this line should be closer to Pit -3.5. Also, Tuitt and Gilmore are out for the Steelers which is big since they're two of the better players on the Steelers. I wouldn't be surprised if this game comes down to a last second field goal. Bengals defense has been pretty good all year, I have a hard time seeing them lose by a lot coming off of rest in such a big divisional game

Value more than anything. I think if you factor in the extra rest for the Bengals, this line should be closer to Pit -3.5. Also, Tuitt and Gilmore are out for the Steelers which is big since they're two of the better players on the Steelers. I wouldn't be surprised if this game comes down to a last second field goal. Bengals defense has been pretty good all year, I have a hard time seeing them lose by a lot coming off of rest in such a big divisional game

okay, thanks. im probably going to live bet the vikings if the ravens score a td first. unless there are to's i dont think cincinatti scores over 14 today

If you think it's a pickem series and Astros take game 1. Taking series odds for +145 now is a good line to take. If Astros take game 1, series odds will be even or Astros slight fav to win series.

I just look it as why bet the series when I can get better odds on game 1?

okay, thanks. im probably going to live bet the vikings if the ravens score a td first. unless there are to's i dont think cincinatti scores over 14 today
im actually throwing a unit on the Ravens at +4.5 right now

im actually throwing a unit on the Ravens at +4.5 right now

i only do mls

i cant see the ravens scoring too many points without turnovers. and mckinnon is playing really good football right now with the vikings giving up on him in the offseason. but im a sucker for an underdog

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1970894-jerick-mckinnon-puts-up-amazing-numbers-at-nfl-combine

http://www.105thevibe.com/2014/10/30/schreier-mckinnon-has-exceeded-everyones-expectations/

i only do mls

i cant see the ravens scoring too many points without turnovers. and mckinnon is playing really good football right now with the vikings giving up on him in the offseason. but im a sucker for an underdog

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1970894-jerick-mckinnon-puts-up-amazing-numbers-at-nfl-combine

http://www.105thevibe.com/2014/10/30/schreier-mckinnon-has-exceeded-everyones-expectations/
Field goal game either way. Baltimore has a tough defense and it's going to be hard for both sides to move the ball imo

so I added:

Baltimore +4 for 1.1u
Buffalo -3 for 2u

I kinda overlooked the Buffalo game. These two teams are supposedly even on neutral field? What?! Buffalo is def a better team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back