Non US fans . Conor/Khabib PPV question

I normally stay up all night for the big PPVs and a huge fight like Conor/Khabib is no different. However , early signs point towards a very top-heavy card with sub-par fights filling up the rest. The reasons for this are that the co-main wont affect PPV buys in a significant way with McGregor on top. Some also say Conor doesnt share PPV percentages. But regardless of what the reasons are i just can't see myself sitting up till 6AM ( US time ) for one single fight - even if it is Conor/Khabib.

How do you feel about this ?

I would go a week without sleep to watch this fight tbh

In Turkey main events usually start around at 7am.I'll screw the undercard and wake up to only watch main event.

The main card starts at around 1pm Sunday for me. Its great!

i just can't see myself sitting up till 6AM ( US time ) for one single fight - even if it is Conor/Khabib.

Sleep until 5:59 AM and then BAM....you watch the main event.

It's a win-win.

Actually, sleep until 6:10 AM and you miss Bruce's long winded intro.

I only stay up for boxing events. Mma I record and watch in the morning. I do turn my phone off when I go to sleep as I've been texted spoilers before

I’ve got no problem with it at all. It’s Conor Khabib for Gods sake. I stayed up for pettis Moreno and woodley Thompson 2, I can stay up for the biggest fight ever

Working in China. Fight is on Sunday late morning my time. Perfect =)

Depending on the card I wake up at either 4 or 5am, or if I've been clubbing I'm usually at home at 6am to catch the main and co-main at least. The rest of the card I watch later on whenever I have the time.

What? CONOR always gets champs in his co-mainevent...is normal.
"Nobody else gets PPV points on one of his cards"... is something he said during last year's negotiations for his next UFC fight. If I recall correctly, Woodley was being considered on that card & he chimed in saying he understood.

So Mac has altered the deal since 205.

iu

I normally stay up all night for the big PPVs and a huge fight like Conor/Khabib is no different. However , early signs point towards a very top-heavy card with sub-par fights filling up the rest. The reasons for this are that the co-main wont affect PPV buys in a significant way with McGregor on top. Some also say Conor doesnt share PPV percentages. But regardless of what the reasons are i just can't see myself sitting up till 6AM ( US time ) for one single fight - even if it is Conor/Khabib.

I'm in the US. It feels like they're really counting their chickens before they hatch.

Just feels like the buzz isnt there, and feels like they wont promote properly.

I live in the UK, will wake up Sunday and just avoid the 'net until I have seen it.

Haven't stayed up for a fight to watch it live in a very long time

Watch DAZN boxing card.

DkGDChdXgAELekI.jpg

Switch over to Conor's fight after.

Most watch them with their breakfast...

...not the same as when you are drinking booze, but better than waiting for that long for one fight.

6am US time? the fight wont be on that late lol

if you meant UK time then its pretty standard to stay up that late/early for the fights, so obviously if you can manage other fight events you can manage this

Watch DAZN boxing card.

DkGDChdXgAELekI.jpg

Switch over to Conor's fight after.
as someone who knows the kind of cards matchroom put on..... dont get too excited, they will be mismatches to build their promotional fighters

Full TV Show's & WMMA , throw them 500 bucks each & tell them to trade hooks , any subs or Dec and all are cut from the roster , only KO's with 5 extra follow up shots .
See not that hard to sort out .

Just set your alarm for an hour and a half into the PPV TS, you'll be up in time for the main and co-main 99% of the time

as someone who knows the kind of cards matchroom put on..... dont get too excited, they will be mismatches to build their promotional fighters
I see the Vargas vs Dulorme and the Roman vs MdDonnell fights being wars. I expect Big Baby and Berterbiev to win by violent KO's. Definitely more appealing than the UFC undercard.

I see the Vargas vs Dulorme and the Roman vs MdDonnell fights being wars. I expect Big Baby and Berterbiev to win by violent KO's. Definitely more appealing than the UFC undercard.
oh yeah he'll drop in the odd good fight, but the filler will be some of the worst boxers youve ever seen against their promotional fighters. Some of the cards they put on are ridiculous.

hope Im wrong though, not sure how the American market would react to a regular matchroom event.... maybe they will change it up for you guys!

oh yeah he'll drop in the odd good fight, but the filler will be some of the worst boxers youve ever seen against their promotional fighters. Some of the cards they put on are ridiculous.

hope Im wrong though, not sure how the American market would react to a regular matchroom event.... maybe they will change it up for you guys!
Lots of fights are mismatches. Just the way combat sports are.

Back