Noomi Rapace Plays 7 Identical Sisters in WHAT HAPPEND TO MONDAY (Aug. 19 on Netflix)

If you have seen WHAT HAPPENED TO MONDAY, how would you rate it?

• 7 - Pretty Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 - Average

• 4 - Poor

• 3 - Bad

• 2 - Terribad

• Total voters
I rewatched this one last night. It's a different experience the second time around because of what we learn in the latter half of the story.

What Happened to Monday is officially one of my favorite films of the year. I really am not understanding the negative reactions.

For those saying it's cliche or rote, I ask why. Every genre has its tropes. If you watch a Western you know you'll get cowboys and shootouts. Those are the conventions of the genre. Sure, this film may not reinvent the wheel of "dystopian future" movies but for me it felt very fresh and original. The plot always kept me wondering what was going to come next.

This movie is just not getting the appreciation it deserves.

But don't take my word for it. One of my friends I was texting with the other day agrees with me:

SCREENSHOT.png

As does my Dad (yes, he likes to get political sometimes):

SS3.png

I rewatched this one last night. It's a different experience the second time around because of what we learn in the latter half of the story.

What Happened to Monday is officially one of my favorite films of the year. I really am not understanding the negative reactions.

For those saying it's cliche or rote, I ask why. Every genre has its tropes. If you watch a Western you know you'll get cowboys and shootouts. Those are the conventions of the genre. Sure, this film may not reinvent the wheel of "dystopian future" movies but for me it felt very fresh and original. The plot always kept me wondering what was going to come next.

But don't take my word for it. One of my friends I was texting with the other day agrees with me:

SCREENSHOT.png

SS3.png
What's your new rating for the movie? Or is it still 7.5?

What's your new rating for the movie? Or is it still 7.5?

After a second--this time, sober--viewing, I'm bumping it up.

I think 8.5. We're definitely bumping it up.

I think this is a great movie. There hasn't been a lot this year that's really stood out for me but this is one of those that did. One of the very few.

You know what, actually, fuck it! #1! What Happened to Monday is my top film so far of 2017.

I obviously haven't seen every movie I'd like to see this year, so that could certainly change as more films come out and as I catch up on others that I've missed, but if I were to put a Top 10 together right now it would look something like this:

1. What Happened to Monday
2. Megan Leavey
3. John Wick 2
4. Lost City of Z
5. Baby Driver
6. Wonder Woman
7. Split
8. Atomic Blonde
9. The Mummy
10. Wheeler

noomi put on an acting clinic like Uta Hagen.

I'm surprised this doesn't have better reviews it was cool movie

she has the body of a gymnast too she must have a crazy workout regimen.

noomi put on an acting clinic like Uta Hagen.

I'm surprised this doesn't have better reviews it was cool movie

she has the body of a gymnast too she must have a crazy workout regimen.

Agreed.

Noomi kicked ass and so does the movie. I also am not really understanding the generally lackluster responses this film has gotten. If I had been the director, I'd have been sure I had a bona fide hit on my hands.

Kinda sick of this "Actor plays multiple roles " gimmick

I have a hard enough time sitting through a movie where she plays 1 character

SCREENSHOT.png

SS3.png

I never heard of this movie and just decided to watch it today while browsing through Netflix. Holy shit, this is one of the best movies I have ever seen. 10/10.

I never heard of this movie and just decided to watch it today while browsing through Netflix. Holy shit, this is one of the best movies I have ever seen. 10/10.

Cool man, glad you liked it!

I really don't understand the lukewarm reception it's gotten from a lot of people.

Cool man, glad you liked it!

I really don't understand the lukewarm reception it's gotten from a lot of people.

Yup. I couldn't believe seeing what some people rated this movie online. Roger Ebert 2/4. Rotten Tomatoes 58% WTF? Oh well. I loved it...that's what matters.

Back