NorCal vs SoCal - if you had to pick one to live in, which would it be?

Where would you rather live?

• Total voters
born and raised in coastal socal
wish it wasnt overpopulated now...

Not SF, but I'd rather a place with cooler weather and seasons than southern California.

It's actually odd, as SF does have a homeless epidemic on its hands and is constantly noted for that issue, but there are tons of cities and communities which are host to larger homeless populations - San Jose and LA amongst them.

And San Diego. I believe it goes LA / SD / SJ as far as homeless population.

San Francisco. :rolleyes: @IIIIIIII

lol, looks like that cross street is sacramento. that's actually a decent area. lower polk is where it's absolute shit haha. upper polk is nice, over in russian hill.

Orange County is the fakest materialistic wannabe Try hard baller region in the country. Now with rich Chinese try hards taking over its even worse.

Don't really know the difference, but SoCal sounds closer to Mexico so it's probably better for latina hoodrats

big_ekjhbgrefg.gif

Had one of the best breakfasts of my life in Carlsbad.

I heard there are cigarette butts as far as the eye can see. You can just walk up t o peoples porches and take their cigarette cuts out of there ash trays and take them with you

I just noticed your signature.

giphy.gif

lol, looks like that cross street is sacramento. that's actually a decent area. lower polk is where it's absolute shit haha. upper polk is nice, over in russian hill.

I actually lived up Sacramento Street years ago. @IIIIIIII

Just moved back to SoCal after living 5 years in the Bay Area. So I can speak pretty well on the topic.

It depends on what you're looking for, but I'll try to break down some of the key factors:

Job/Profession - NorCal pays better (I'd say 10-15% more than Socal), but the work life balance is usually worse. People work harder in the Bay Area, and they import really smart people. There are really smart people in SoCal, but everybody in the Bay Area is either really smart or works really hard.. Tech rules in Bay Area, LA has entertainment if that's what you're looking for.

Cost of Living - NorCal is ridiculously more expensive than LA. It's hard to find a 2bedroom condo in South Bay/Peninsula/SF for under a $1M. LA has really expensive areas (Santa Monica), but they also have a ton of more affordable places. The Commute in LA is as awful as you've heard of, but Bay Area is slowly catching up. Expect to pay ~$3000 for a 1br in SF, $2000-$2500 Peninsula, $2000 East Bay/San Jose. In LA, Santa Monica $2500+, rest of LA $1000-$2000

Activities - I'd call this close to a tie. Bay Area has a bit more hiking and outdoors stuff, LA has more fun stuff to do. Beaches in LA are much better, Tahoe is further but better than Big Bear, Bay Area has better hiking

Women - LA by KO, Bay Area can't even contend. They call women in SF 49'rs, 4's that act like 9's. SF is pretty balanced ratio wise, but outside SF it's a giant sausage fest. LA women are hotter and in general better shape (A good chunk of women do Yoga/Pilates/Spin in LA). On the surface LA girls are more materialistic, but girls in SF expect you to be on a career path or working for a hot new startup

Nightlife - LA wins by a pretty heavy margin. SF is no nightlife wasteland, but few places top LA

Food - LA wins by a slight margin. SF has fine dining in Napa/Yountville and some decent European food overall, but LA wins by it's massive selection of ethnic food. For Asian food for example, SF has decent Asian food, but LA has much more competition and heavily centralized ethnic areas (notable exception is Indian food, and Viet is a tie)

Getting Around - FYI you need a car in LA. The metro is getting better, but SF has Caltrain and Bart. I'd still recommend a car in SF, but you can get by without one espcially if you live in SF

Let me know if you have any questions.
This is an excellent write up!

Whoever told you that should have their authority shoved up their ass and pulled out of their dickhole. 29 Palms is fucking unbearable in the summertime and there's nothing out in that insufferable wasteland. I've worked at the base, installed miles of 4" conduit. People are cool out there though.
thatsthejoke.jpg

Back