North Korea's nuclear test site collapsed according to Chinese geologists

Slick_36

Bad Man from Borger, Texas
@Gold
Reaction score
This could explain why North Korea is suddenly ending it's testing. Sounds like it's mostly good news, China isn't happy with fallout and earthquakes on their soil due to the tests the Koreans have done. I've had a strong feeling this wasn't a decision made for peace but either a ploy or a necessity. Sounds like there needs to be an inspection of the site, what are the odds North Korea let's anyone in to do that without the peace negotiations blowing up?

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/552421002

The data in the latest Chinese study was collected following the most powerful of the North’s six nuclear device tests on Sept. 3 that is believed to have triggered four earthquakes over the following weeks. The yield of the bomb was estimated at more than 100 kilotons of TNT, at least 10 times stronger than anything the North had tested previously. (The bomb the United States dropped on Hiroshima in 1945 had a yield of about 15 kilotons.)

The University of Science and Technology of China paper, authored by Tian Dongdong, Yao Jiawen and Wen Lianxing, said the first of those earthquakes that occurred eight-and-a-half minutes after the explosion was “an onsite collapse toward the nuclear test center,” while those that followed were an “earthquake swarm” in similar locations.

what are the odds North Korea let's anyone in to do that without the peace negotiations blowing up?
I think their hand is weak and they were bluffing. Between this, the ramped up sanctions, and Japan discovering that cache of rare earth materials they don't have many bargaining chips.

lol idiots were talking about Trump deserving a Nobel Peace Prize if NK stopped testing Nukes as if he was the reason they would stop testing Nuclear weapons.

I think their hand is weak and they were bluffing. Between this, the ramped up sanctions, and Japan discovering that cache of rare earth materials they don't have many bargaining chips.
They can definitely do serious damage to their neighbors. Even if they can't harm America directly, they can definitely hurt our allies and cause more tension with China. Kim doesn't even care about his own people, I feel like he's most dangerous when he doesn't have any chips to bargain with and could lash out in desperation.

lol idiots were talking about Trump deserving a Nobel Peace Prize if NK stopped testing Nukes as if he was the reason they would stop testing Nuclear weapons.
It is classic Trump to take credit for things he's not responsible for. Just ask John Barron.

This could explain why North Korea is suddenly ending it's testing. Sounds like it's mostly good news, China isn't happy with fallout and earthquakes on their soil due to the tests the Koreans have done. I've had a strong feeling this wasn't a decision made for peace but either a ploy or a necessity. Sounds like there needs to be an inspection of the site, what are the odds North Korea let's anyone in to do that without the peace negotiations blowing up?

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/552421002
I was expecting the ploy prediction. It's an oldie, but the classics never die.

It would have gone like this. Trump meets Kim, Kim asks for a ridiculous amount of free shit, Trump says no.

Kim immediately comes out following the failed meeting, and says, "Despite all of our good faith and grand peaceful gestures we were bullied and threatened by the warmongering Americans. Our only recourse is to resume our nuclear program with our efforts and resource investment doubled from before. Never has it been more vital than now."

Easy setup. Either he gets his free shit, or he reinforces his own country's belief in the program, and even persuades the most vociferous anti-Americans (of which there are many) outside his borders, chiefly in China, but elsewhere, too, that he is somehow validated in his radically hostile and dangerous undertaking; merely by hitting those familiar "imperialist" talking points that turn that crowd's brains into the same mush that Trump's race-baiting comments do to his redneck base here in the States.

I was expecting the ploy prediction. It's an oldie, but the classics never die.

It would have gone like this. Trump meets Kim, Kim asks for a ridiculous amount of free shit, Trump says no.

Kim immediately comes out following the failed meeting, and says, "Despite all of our good faith and grand peaceful gestures we were bullied and threatened by the warmongering Americans. Our only recourse is to resume our nuclear program with our efforts and resource investment doubled from before. Never has it been more vital than now."

Easy setup. Either he gets his free shit, or he reinforces his own country's belief in the program, and even persuades the most vociferous anti-Americans (of which there are many) outside his borders, chiefly in China, but elsewhere, too, that he is somehow validated in his radically hostile and dangerous undertaking; merely by hitting those familiar "imperialist" talking points that turn that crowd's brains into the same mush that Trump's race-baiting comments do to his redneck base here in the States.
Sounds about right. It's like watching a rerun that somehow still draws suspense every time.

And I think they are Mad.

This is good news for Trump as if this is true this will give him a big upperhand in the negotiations.

That has zero bearing on their current economy.

Who was saying this? Where did you read these comments?

Bahahahahahahaha

Obama got one for being elected, just to ramp up troops overseas and double tapping civilians with missiles, getting us involved in the destruction of Lybia, and helping with the disaster of Syria. If Obama gets one, Trump should also as the award is fucking meaningless now.

You guys are pathetic. Now you're trying to attribute the halting of a multibillion dollar nuclear weapons program to an architectural failure lol.

You really think if he was as determined as he is he'd just quit over a setback like that? His entire country is in perpetual setback mode all the time.

I read about the collapse months ago.

200w.webp

You guys are pathetic. Now you're trying to attribute the halting of a multibillion dollar nuclear weapons program to an architectural failure lol.

You really think if he was as determined as he is he'd just quit over a setback like that? His entire country is in perpetual setback mode all the time.

I read about the collapse months ago.
I read about peace talks between South and North Korea months ago, doesn't stop people from acting like that's because of Trump either.

Back