Northgard Ragnarok - What a surprise RTS game!

sweede

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There was a time I was addicted to HOMM 3, just one more turn... And now I have found another addictive game. The difference is, just conquer one more zone....and it´s a RTS game, not turn-based that was the trade mark of Heroes of Might and magic III.

A game that is only 700MB in its size, I was a bit sceptical when I installed it. But man was I in for a big surprise. The graphic/art style is impressive, the soundtrack is beautiful, gameplay is smooth and the game is easy to learn.

I would describe this game as a hybrid of Settlers III with RTS elements (the usual basebuilding etc) allowing you to control your population (this means, fight when you want, change villagers task what you want them to be. The point is you have control over your people) and the similar theme as in Frostpunk with surviving the winter cold.

- Choose your clan wisely, there are +/- to each and one of them.
- Make sure your population doesn´t starve, and keep them happy at any cost.
- Survive the dark, cold winter months.
- Upgrade wisely
- Kill monsters, trade with other lords or kill them
- And make sure your fame goes up and achieve better titles and status.
- Watch days become night, see the rain fall, easy snowfall, blizzard? why not, seasons change, earthquakes, rats and you can zoom in and out etc etc

Really happy to see Indie developers creating AAA feeling games.

Bravo!!!!

Rating 4,5/5

mwifdnF.jpg

8IpWpd8.jpg

791XLBZ.jpg

j5f7m5o.jpg

Last edited:
Will probably check this out when I get some free time. Love a good RTS and this looks nice.

I had this game on my wishlist forever, and then finally bit the bullet on the last Steam sale, and then it sat in my library for a while.

Got around to playing it, and it was an okay experience. It's not as addictive as I hoped it would be, and winning a game is hard as fuck. I managed to finally get it done by lucking my way into holding the Gates of Hellheim after neighbouring tribes went to war over it, but feel like they upset the balance by not allowing the player to get ahead of the game, even if they're doing it fairly. I mean, after you've built the silo, you shouldn't be losing food to rats.

I had this game on my wishlist forever, and then finally bit the bullet on the last Steam sale, and then it sat in my library for a while.

Got around to playing it, and it was an okay experience. It's not as addictive as I hoped it would be, and winning a game is hard as fuck. I managed to finally get it done by lucking my way into holding the Gates of Hellheim after neighbouring tribes went to war over it, but feel like they upset the balance by not allowing the player to get ahead of the game, even if they're doing it fairly. I mean, after you've built the silo, you shouldn't be losing food to rats.

Yeah, it sure is not an easy game to win. So far I have only played the skirmish part and my setting is on the lowest difficulty. But you got to agree it´s really nice to have a game on your laptop that don´t take 100 GB of your SSD. Some games I can´t even install on my laptop because I have only a 128 GB disk. I only play when I´m on the train and don´t have the time at home to play on the desktop. My children takes all the time, and strategy games is a nice touch instead of watching movies or surf.

Back