Northrop Grumman Engineer Fired over participation in Charlottesville Rally

Lord Coke

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So last week a new outlet released a story about this engineer in order to publicly shame him for participation in the Charlottesville rally. Many news outlets joined the chorus and Northrop Grumman has now fired the engineer. What are your thought on this? It seems like this goes beyond the role of the news. The Charlottesville incident is no longer news so the only reason release these articles is to try and get this guy fired and expelled from the PHD program he is enrolled in at UCLA. Are you guys on board with the news papers becoming public shaming outlets? It seems like this is turning us in to a much more divisive society and I am a bit uncomfortable with this.

edit
The reason this story interested me is this Northrop guy is a aerospace engineer and I've been watching Strange Angel. From wikipedia
Strange Angel is an American historical period drama web television series that premiered on June 14, 2018 on CBS All Access. The series is based on the biography Strange Angel: The Otherworldly Life of Rocket Scientist John Whiteside Parsons by George Pendle and was created by Mark Heyman, who also executive produces and writes for the show.

Its about one of the founders of the American rocket program. What if the news had done a expose on Jack Parsons involvement in Alistair Crowley's cult? He would have been fired and our rocket program would be decades behind the russians.

edit again we are at page 8 of this thread. I'd like to congratulate the posters that took the time to engage in what I know to be a difficult thread. This is hard stuff that needs to be decided in our new connected society but the answers are not necessarily going to be what we like to hear.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ployed-at-the-company/?utm_term=.a90d375b7231

a Northrop Grumman systems engineer who allegedly is a member of a white-supremacist organization and participated in a violent rally in Charlottesville last summer is no longer employed at the company, a Northrop Grumman spokesman said Friday.

The news follows a Thursday report by the investigative news organization ProPublica and the television program “Frontline,” which identified Miselis in photos and videos from the rally, where he is seen with arms raised and tape covering his hands. The report also identifies Miselis in a video “pounding on” a black man at the rally.

edit the organization this guy is a part of released the full video the engineer and it looks like he was acting in self defense.

Last edited:
Do I think that’s the role of the news? No

Am I overly upset? Not really

fgHoty0.gif

That's a shame, he should be promoted if you ask me.

Not surprising though, if you're white you need to be careful.

Now more than ever I think it's important to protect your privacy. Right or wrong, this is the tactic we are going to use.

Nice to see there is still some common sense left out there.

Play Nazi games, win Nazi prizes.

Now more than ever I think it's important to protect your privacy. Right or wrong, this is the tactic we are going to use.
I mean, what could go wrong with this method? It’s not like they ever get the wrong guy or anything

So last week a new outlet released a story about this engineer in order to publicly shame him for participation in the Charlottesville rally.

It all depends...

Was he one of the good people on that side?

Now if only they’d fire all of the terrorists in ANTIFA...oh wait, they don’t work. Nevermind.

The reason this story interested me is this Northrop guy is a aerospace engineer and I've been watching Strange Angel. From wikipedia
Strange Angel is an American historical period drama web television series that premiered on June 14, 2018 on CBS All Access. The series is based on the biography Strange Angel: The Otherworldly Life of Rocket Scientist John Whiteside Parsons by George Pendle and was created by Mark Heyman, who also executive produces and writes for the show.

Its about one of the founders of the American rocket program. What if the news had done a expose on Jack Parsons involvement in Alistair Crowley cult? He would have been fired and our rocket program would be decades behind the russians.

Interesting question. I'm curious how that shit stain got a clearance to begin with.. He should have known better than to be a part of that rally while holding a clearance to begin with. Glad he was fired. As for should the news be involved in these witch hunts? I am not so sure.

crying about privacy protection for openly protesting in public? lolwut

What if it were a Trump rally? I guarantee you that in the Bay Area if you outed someone as a Trump supporter maybe got some protesters together you could easily get a person fired for being at a Trump rally.

If you work for a big company, are visible, and are dependent on your job you better keep your mouth shut if you have any unconventional ideas. They're not going to ask your boss if you're an essential talent to the team or anything at that point; it's just going to be a message saying to shit can you and find someone else. Doesn't matter who you are especially so if you're a government contractor.

Edit: Didn't realize there was footage of him him engaging in illegal activities. I think any public business would've fired him.

Last edited:
If you work for a big company, are visible, and are dependent on your job you better keep your mouth shut if you have any unconventional ideas. They're not going to ask your boss if you're an essential talent for you team or anything to that point; it's just going to message saying to shit can you and find someone else. Doesn't matter who you are especially if you're a government contractor.
Such a shitty way to have to live, but so true.

They should fire all black lives matter racist's also but we all know none work in any high tech jobs lol.

I think @sniper was going the opposite route in saying that if you're going to protest something that has a negative light by the majority (such as white supremacy) you should at least be smart enough to keep your identity hidden while doing so

Back