Northrop Grumman Engineer Fired over participation in Charlottesville Rally

That isn't exactly true. The soldiers fighting for the south thought they had a legal right to succeed from the union - I tend to agree with them even if I don't accept their reasons for doing so.

The fact is that those soldiers fought for their states - which held more sway than country in the hearts and minds of the people at that time. After the war those same generals used their influence to heal the wounds of the war and reconcile the nation.
All sides think they are right. Saddam and his army (those who actually fought) also thought they were defending a sovereign nation.

Those generals had no real choice; they lost. Either they get along or see life become shitty if they kept being intransigent.

no problem with this really

I work for the DoD, not a contractor, but we literally just yesterday got a new Social Media policy memo out about this very type of stuff (not like Protesting, just being weary about being at public events, espousing political views, etc...) and to avoid it....

so I take it you will defend the memorials to Harvey Milk, John Brown, Malcolm X or Eugene V Debs too? Thank you for the support, comrade.

I am against taking down statues of historical figures. I don't care if they were gay or hated whites and jews.

The statues remaining is an insult . The US took part in bringing down Saddam's statue , so why the double standard here. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Those statues remaining is no different to Germany having Nazi or Wehrmacht statues.

Lol, are you serious? We helped take down Saddam's statue?

We fucking illegally invaded his country and toppled his government.

All sides think they are right. Saddam and his army (those who actually fought) also thought they were defending a sovereign nation.

Those generals had no real choice; they lost. Either they get along or see life become shitty if they kept being intransigent.

We invaded his country illegally, we were wrong.

Yep. From Unite the Right, two from Ohio, one from Georgia, one Maryland, one Florida. Also various charges against militias, but those were a little different.

Counter protestors were more likely to he from Virginia, but most of them weren't local, either. Harris is the only charlottesville arrestee that I remember.

Did you see this?
https://www.kpvi.com/news/national_...cle_9e0f539d-9eea-5fe2-8e29-90edbcc2c70a.html

I wasn't even aware of the suit - good on the judge for the $5, but I think it's a bit odd of a ruling. Granted I'm not a lawyer, but it seems like the judge agreed that Harris is a public figure then awarded damages any way.

I didn't say they thought they were right; I said they thought they had the RIGHT to SUCCEED. Saddam's generals were defending a sovereign nation - I'm not sure how you'd argue otherwise.

As for not having a choice after the war - you might want to read up on Nathan Bedford Forrest and George Gordon; men like Lee actually tried to heal the country and make the nation whole again.

Back