Not all heroes wear capes

Slick_36

Bad Man from Borger, Texas
@Gold
Reaction score
We need more people like this out there.

The reason why more people don't do that is because they'd get punch in the face if they were interrupting a real fight.

Those two kids didn't really want to fight. It was a lot of posturing. Even when they were scuffling, it looked like they didn't want to be there. They just wanted to save face.

The dude basically gave them an out to end the fight without looking like a bitch.

We need more people like this out there.

I honestly wanna buy this dude a beer or a meal or something if I meet him!

We need more older dudes like this mentoring these young, directionless, knuckleheads.

Hespect!!!

tenor.gif

The reason why more people don't do that is because they'd get punch in the face if they were interrupting a real fight.

Those two kids didn't really want to fight. It was a lot of posturing. Even when they were scuffling, it looked like they didn't want to be there. They just wanted to save face.

The dude basically gave them an out to end the fight without looking like a bitch.

I think this "posturing" is the case more often than not.

I don't think I'd jump in if the fight was in progress, and they were swinging as I'm not endangering my safety for strangers. I'd probably do it in a similar vane as the gentlemen in the video. That'd be the day when I'm scared of some middle school riff raffs.

Most fights are just posturing gone too far. But like the video, there's a crowd cheering them on so they feel they have to fight. "Real" fights are rare, and it's even rarer they're actually necessary. It's like the dude throwing starfish back in to the ocean and someone asking him why he does it since he can't save them all and it makes no difference, then he throws another in and says it made a difference to that one.

He’s right. All those dumbass cowards filming and egging them on are always looking for someone more courageous than themselves to fight for their entertainment or their petty cause. They’ll always egg them on. They’ll be their friend when they win those fights. Then, when they inevitably get KOed in one of those fights, they’ll laugh at them.

It’s because they’re pussies and can’t fight their own battles. So they find someone whose strings they can pull to do it for them so they don’t have to risk physical injury or humiliation. I knew tons of guys like this.

They go through life so afraid of looking foolish that they construct their whole day, their whole persona around that foundation. The foundation of never putting themselves out there. Never looking foolish in front of their peers.

Most fights are just posturing gone too far. But like the video, there's a crowd cheering them on so they feel they have to fight. "Real" fights are rare, and it's even rarer they're actually necessary. It's like the dude throwing starfish back in to the ocean and someone asking him why he does it since he can't save them all and it makes no difference, then he throws another in and says it made a difference to that one.
Real fights are the ones where someone gets seriously fucked up, knocked out, stomped out while KO'd, etc. If this dude came in the middle of a real fight and did that, then this would be worth highlighting.

With the fight in the video, the most that would be hurt is someone's ego. Hell, by the time the dude came in between the fight was already in the "we're done swinging so we're going to talk smack until one of us finds an out to walk away" phase. It was already done.

No one stops in a real fight to have a conversation

<36>

Real fights are the ones where someone gets seriously fucked up, knocked out, stomped out while KO'd, etc. If this dude came in the middle of a real fight and did that, then this would be worth highlighting.

With the fight in the video, the most that would be hurt is someone's ego. Hell, by the time the dude came in between the fight was already in the "we're done swinging so we're going to talk smack until one of us finds an out to walk away" phase. It was already done.

No one stops in a real fight to have a conversation

<36>
That's why I appreciate it. He's teaching the youth in his community. I didn't think this was great because it was badass or macho, but because it was wise. If more people stepped up like this and showed they cared to kids like this, we'd have a much brighter future.

Nah. On this one I got the experience having worked as a doorman for years. Maybe 5% of fights the guys just want to go at it regardless, all the others are real happy if anyone interjects and gives em a reason to stop.

Most people don't want to fight but feel they have to, to defend their honour socially. Once they've proved they're down to fight it's job done.

Nah. On this one I got the experience having worked as a doorman for years. Maybe 5% of fights the guys just want to go at it regardless, all the others are real happy if anyone interjects and gives em a reason to stop.

Most people don't want to fight but feel they have to, to defend their honour socially. Once they've proved they're down to fight it's job done.
I grew up near a shitty area. It was way more than 5% of the kids fighting that really wanted to fight. If a teacher broke it up, they'd start up again after school and make sure to fight in a place where some random adult wouldn't step in.

That's why I appreciate it. He's teaching the youth in his community. I didn't think this was great because it was badass or macho, but because it was wise. If more people stepped up like this and showed they cared to kids like this, we'd have a much brighter future.
Alright, settle down. Teachers and faculty do exactly what he did all the time whenever a fight breaks out in or around the school.

The kids aren't taking his speech to heart and if they really wanted to fight or if they get enough peer pressure, those two will be fighting again at a later time.

I grew up near a shitty area. It was way more than 5% of the kids fighting that really wanted to fight. If a teacher broke it up, they'd start up again after school and make sure to fight in a place where some random adult wouldn't step in.

Ok, but most places aren't that poor.

That guy should have lectured them to take the video in landscape mode too.

Back