Not enough is made of the fact that their are bad cops AND good cops...

hqdefault.jpg

lol ya Clinton and Trump are the same haha

Only one has been impeached for lying under oath.

haha if it makes you feel better to equate the two it's all good but what do you think would happen if the congress was controlled by Dems? Trump would have already been gone so I wouldn't get too excited.

Also one of them has actually read the constitution.

And why won't Trump be questioned under oath again?

Or Christians

Yeah there’s so many Christians around the world commuting atrocities. We need to get them under control.

And to be clear I’m not a dirty Christian but to compare their acts to those of muslims around the world is laughable.

haha if it makes you feel better to equate the two it's all good but what do you think would happen if the congress was controlled by Dems? Trump would have already been gone so I wouldn't get too excited.

Also one of them has actually read the constitution.

And why won't Trump be questioned under oath again?

Trum hasn’t done anything to be impeached. Not liking him isn’t grounds for impeachment.

And really, big LoL at anybody who thinks that at this point, Trump hasn’t read the constitution....ohhhhhhk.

We expect cops to be the "good guys", so when there is a large number of bad cops it is a much bigger issue. Cops abusing there power is such a bigger deal than a cop that does his job with no complaints from the community. Bad cops are a danger to our society.

Trum hasn’t done anything to be impeached. Not liking him isn’t grounds for impeachment.

And really, big LoL at anybody who thinks that at this point, Trump hasn’t read the constitution....ohhhhhhk.

Please provide me any evidence that you may have that Trump has read the constitution. I GUARANTEE he has not read it as he can't even be bothered to read his daily briefings. You give him too much credit when he has done very little to have earned it.

Trump admitted he fired Comey to relieve pressure from the Russia investigation. Obstruction of Justice is ground to impeach a president. I could go on and on but nothing I say will you agree to because facts aren't really Trumpers friends these days.

Either way I think we are derailing the thread

Please provide me any evidence that you may have that Trump has read the constitution. I GUARANTEE he has not read it as he can't even be bothered to read his daily briefings. You give him too much credit when he has done very little to have earned it.

Trump admitted he fired Comey to relieve pressure from the Russia investigation. Obstruction of Justice is ground to impeach a president. I could go on and on but nothing I say will you agree to because facts aren't really Trumpers friends these days.

Either way I think we are derailing the thread

Sorry but I tend to believe the president of the United States of America has read the constitution. I don’t have any proof that he has but you certainly don’t have any proof that he hasn’t.

I'm friends with a guy who's been on a local pd force for 8 years. He's a good guy, and a good cop. He tells me that there are 2 types of people who join the police force. The first is idealists.....people who truly want to make their communities a better place. These guys are the ones who end up being great cops and guardians of their communities.

The second type is the narcissistic asshole who joins simply because they are bitter about their lives, and just want to exert power over others. These are the guys who tend to be racist/ chauvinist and end up on the 8 oclock news for shooting black guys during traffic stops.

In this entire conversation, I dont feel enough attention is given to the good cops who try their hardest to uphold the law and protect their communities. I feel that the problem may lay in the hiring process and catching the latter type of people who try to join the police force.

Thoughts?

I've had my fair share of interaction with leo's, and I can agree with you.

I would say there is a 3rd category - guys who are just doing their job - they aren't assholes and they don't operate under some pretense that they are saving society either. Those are the guys I typically liked best - they don't try to preach to you, but they aren't dicks - they are just kind of matter of fact about things.

I really think that some of the bad cops become addicted to the adrenaline of the chase and/or confrontation and start to seek out and exacerbate interactions in order to get their fix, albeit it's done unknowingly.

I notice the police who work in the safest towns and do nothing are generally the biggest assholes and the police who work in tough areas are the most understanding.

Yeah there’s so many Christians around the world commuting atrocities. We need to get them under control.

And to be clear I’m not a dirty Christian but to compare their acts to those of muslims around the world is laughable.

Are you seriously saying there isn't? ??

The good cops who look the other direction when bad cops do their thing are actually bad cops.

A good cop polices their own.

Are you seriously saying there isn't? ??

Are you seriously saying the number of violent Christians around the world is anywhere near the amount of violent Muslims around the world???

Seriously??? Where’s the Christian suicide bombers or train station knife attacker’s???

This is actually a great point. Most cops remain strangely muted when a bad cop is exposed....
You start criticizing people in your own shop you get black sheeped/lose partners cause people view you as a rat.

Back to the OP though, if real life is anything like the movies and a good cop going to internal affairs is something that migj get you killed in the line of duty, I can see why the good guys don’t say anything.

I've asked friends that work in law enforcement why more of these shithead types don't get reported and the exact response was:
"You go to IA for shit like this you get the shit jobs, shit cases, and shit shifts."

Yeah, i don't think any reasonable person thinks ALL cops are racist, or corrupt, or whatever.
The problem is is that they have this brotherhood code, and they protect their own instead of the public. All the shit that goes down, and you never hear cops, even retired ones, publicly calling out bad cops.

They should want to expose the pieces of shit that are giving them a bad name, and going against exactly what they are supposed to be for: protecting the public.

As long as the good ones won't differentiate themselves from the bad ones, they're bringing the hate on themselves, and i have no sympathy for that

Sorry but I tend to believe the president of the United States of America has read the constitution. I don’t have any proof that he has but you certainly don’t have any proof that he hasn’t.

Dude don't jynx yourself. I expect a tweet admitting he has never read the constitution to come out shortly.

Back