Not touching chest on bench press

What a bunch on nonsense posted here.

Listen to your body. If your arms are long, you will never touch your chest, no matter how arched and tight you are. Listen to your body and not some of these bro builders, who spend hours watching youtube videos.

I don’t think you know what you’re talking about. Listen to your body, sure. But long arms means you’ll never bench to your chest? Nice bro science there.

One of the longer wingspans on planet earth, benching to his chest.

I don’t think you know what you’re talking about. Listen to your body, sure. But long arms means you’ll never bench to your chest? Nice bro science there.

Fake

No one benches more than teh 275

Nice, I dont know what Im talking about?

Lol at showing fake BP to demonstrate your nonsense. Durant couldn't do 180lbs BP during his draft.

I bench to my chest but I know others have different limb lengths. I know skinny ass dudes with the longest limbs ever, and theyre always an inch or so above their chests because going down lower hurts em.

Nice, I dont know what Im talking about?

Lol at showing fake BP to demonstrate your nonsense. Durant couldn't do 180lbs BP during his draft.

I bench to my chest but I know others have different limb lengths. I know skinny ass dudes with the longest limbs ever, and theyre always an inch or so above their chests because going down lower hurts em.

So it’s impossible to improve your bench?

Fake or not, he’s got longer arms than your friends, and he touched the bar to his chest.

So, you don’t know what you’re talking about.

So it’s impossible to improve your bench?

Fake or not, he’s got longer arms than your friends, and he touched the bar to his chest.
Ive got flying pigs to sell to you, 100% real shit bro.

I gurantee youre as dumb as your posts.

So, you don’t know what you’re talking about.
Oh the irony.

If you dont touch your chest and youre an inch higher, go for it, if you feel good and make good progress. I touch my chest, but not everyone has to.

If you dont touch your chest and youre an inch higher, go for it, if you feel good and make good progress. I touch my chest, but not everyone has to.

I completely agree with that. What I don’t agree with, because it’s completely false, is that people with long arms can not, and will never be able to touch the bar to their chest. Did you, or did you not make that dumbass statement?

If you have long arms, you simply widen your grip till you can comfortably touch your chest with the barbell

Garbage. Absolute nonsense.
I completely agree with that. What I don’t agree with, because it’s completely false, is that people with long arms can not, and will never be able to touch the bar to their chest. Did you, or did you not make that dumbass statement?

I shouldve said "some" people, not every single long armed person. Stop being pedantic, yall knew what I was trying to say.

What a bunch on nonsense posted here.

Listen to your body. If your arms are long, you will never touch your chest, no matter how arched and tight you are. Listen to your body and not some of these bro builders, who spend hours watching youtube videos.

Can you point me to where you were not insinuating fact?

I shouldve said "some" people, not every single long armed person. Stop being pedantic, yall knew what I was trying to say.
Read what you actually wrote and try and tell me it's not stupid.

Also, there are very, very few people who actually can't touch the bar to their chest, regardless of arm length. I'd bet the vast majority of people who struggle to do it comfortably would have much less of an issue if their elbows weren't flared.

If your lifting to get stronger for mma then bench press is a general conditioning exercise. The training for the sport rough on ur body enough, there is no need to damage ur body with supplemental exercises. If stopping above ur chest doesn't make ur shoulder hurt then do it that way.

Is it the best way to bench? Maybe not. But keeping your body healthy so that you can keep doing the sport your participating is probably more important

Holy fuck why is this still a discussion? Do dips or dumbbell presses. If you aren’t competing in the barbell bench press there is little reason to fret over the exercise. However don’t perform it like a dumbass either.

Holy fuck why is this still a discussion? Do dips or dumbbell presses. If you aren’t competing in the barbell bench press there is little reason to fret over the exercise. However don’t perform it like a dumbass either.

<TheWire1>

Or, I don’t know if this has already been suggested, do pin presses instead. Place the pins at the end of your depth ROM and push the bar up from there. That way no fuckery happens with the stretch reflex or anything stopping short, and you build raw power from the bottom up.

Read what you actually wrote and try and tell me it's not stupid.

Also, there are very, very few people who actually can't touch the bar to their chest, regardless of arm length. I'd bet the vast majority of people who struggle to do it comfortably would have much less of an issue if their elbows weren't flared.
Agreed.

And the vast majority who don't touch their chest do so in order to lift more weight than they could had they touched their chest.

If you can bench to your chest with less weight, then you can bench to your chest. Someone with long arms has a disadvantage in the amount of weight he can bench but not his ability to actually touch his chest. But people with long arms tend to be taller as well, and taller people can put on greater mass, so it balances out in the end.

I see people like this all the fucking time in the gym. DYELs half repping far more weight than they should be just to appear like they can lift more. And not surprisingly, a half repper in bench is also a quarter squatter too. Hmm, guy must have long arms and long legs, lol.

Oh, I used to think I had good form on bench and kept hurting my shoulders. Someone pointed out that I wasn't retracting my shoulder blades, putting a lot of strain on my shoulders. Once I started retracting, no more pain, even when going heavy.

Back