now that the dust has setted...thoughts on Weidman vs Silva 1 and 2

The dust never settles on Sherdog.

SIlva played with his food and got caught. Second fight was a total nightmare scenario tho. Silva didnt look great up until that point but still. Just an awful stylistic matchup for an aging Silva.

What's even more interesting is how the chris ended up. Holding on for dear life at this point. It was starting to look like chris was the next dominant champ and now he's lucky to be in the UFC. The hot potato the title has done just makes Silvas reign seem more impressive tbh. Dont think we'll see anything like that again.

Silva reigned in an era with very weak competition. Also took roids. The title changing hands doesnt make his tainted reign look any more impressive at all. And Lol at Andy playing with his food when he was the one who got eaten, twice.

The Chris beat Anderson out of his "prime". The only thing Anderson had success with in the first fight was leg kicks and we saw how that turned out in the second fight.

Is there an out of "Prime" while one is on roids though?

Lol at ts only saying that the 2nd fight was a freak accident. Anderson had been dropped and was losing the fight. It wasn’t just a freak accident lol. It’s much more different than Shogun/Coleman because no one was winning that fight.

Debatable but I just followed the Sherdog narrative. He had no trouble going up a weight class and matrix Bonnar but against The Chris he was apparently "out of his prime".

Debatable but I just followed the Sherdog narrative. He had no trouble going up a weight class and matrix Bonnar but against The Chris he was apparently "out of his prime".

He was out of his prime against Bonnar too, its just that Bonnar was about 5 years out of his...

Anderson was popped with whatever after he broke his leg in half. Dude is a fighter and wanted to get back asap. Cant blame him really... To say he was juicing before Weidman is laughable....like saying USADA didnt basically end Weidmans career for himself...

It’s pretty obvious both wins were flukes

1st fight Silva was clearly toying with weidman. He was coming off a 1st round ko win vs a lhw who’s not been finished up until that point (2 tko loses were due to doctor stoppages). He clearly went into weidman fight overconfident n felt unstoppable.

After giving weidman 1st round (Silva had the tendency to lose the 1st to “feel out” the opponent) Silva noticed weidman was visibly gassed n that’s went he went into his clowning mode. He didn’t respect the inexperience n gassed weidman n paid the price for it.

Losing because you underestimate your opponent is not a fluke.

Both fights were complete flukes.

First fight - An aging and overconfident Silva dances around, completely outclassing Weidman, until - one stupid overconfident mistake - and Chris capitalized on it. Silva HANDED Chris the victory on a silver platter.

Second fight - Ended early so we never really got to see it - doctor stoppage due to a freak injury.

Prime Silva makes Weidman his bitch.

Oh and by the way, look at what happened when Weidman finally fought someone his own age - Weidman vs Rockhold. LOL

when weidman beat anderson, we saw what at the time we thought was a changing of the guard.

both fights are very polarizing.

the first one, you might say weidman tricked silva into slipping into his left, or you might say it was just bad timing on andersons part.

in the second fight, there was a freak accident, or a perfectly times check.

what do u think

Both wins were legit, although both were a bit tainted.

I wish silva hadn't started clowning in the first fight then there never would have been a second.

Nothing against Chris - he did exactly what he was supposed to. He didn't make Silva clown, and Silva broke his own leg.

Both fights were complete flukes.

First fight - An aging and overconfident Silva dances around, completely outclassing Weidman, until - one stupid overconfident mistake - and Chris capitalized on it. Silva HANDED Chris the victory on a silver platter.

Second fight - Ended early so we never really got to see it - doctor stoppage due to a freak injury.

Prime Silva makes Weidman his bitch.

Oh and by the way, look at what happened when Weidman finally fought someone his own age - Weidman vs Rockhold. LOL

Lol

Weidman outstruck and outgrappled him in both fights, knocked him down once in both fights including a KO shot. Weidman beat him in boxing range, Weidman outkicked him and showed superior muay thai technique in the 2nd fight, Weidman beat him in the clinch. He buroke his face the first time and his leg the 2nd time

not sure what there is to discuss

I'm comfortable in saying the finish to the second fight was a fluke.

The ratio of checked kicks to that same type of leg break happening is so miniscule, I don't see how that can't be considered a fluke. Silva was down in the 2nd fight but we saw him come back from worse spots. The fight was far from over

In the first fight it looked like Anderson knew before the end of the first that father time had finally caught up.

when weidman beat anderson, we saw what at the time we thought was a changing of the guard.

both fights are very polarizing.

the first one, you might say weidman tricked silva into slipping into his left, or you might say it was just bad timing on andersons part.

in the second fight, there was a freak accident, or a perfectly times check.

what do u think

That's about how I see it. First fight he got caught playing too much. Second fight was a clean leg break.

While Silva didn't win even one round against Weidman, in my opinion that is irrelevant because he was way down on the scorecards of the first Sonnen fight too.

I think Weidman is sufficiently humble after his losses to Moose. Time for him to fight real contenders again. Moose should be fighting for the belt.

Back