now that the dust has setted...thoughts on Weidman vs Silva 1 and 2

Weidman is the perfect counter for any version of Anderson. Even before the first fight was booked a lot of people knew this.

Last edited:
Fight 1 : if Anderson hadn't gotten carried away with his clowning he would have won. Weidman was tiring and getting sloppy. Andersons strikes honestly looked slower and sloppier in this fight than I had ever seen from him at that point. E.g. there was a moment where he could have landed a beautiful, possible finishing knee bit he throws it lazily

Fight 2 : weidman was winning handily and then there was a freak accident

Its on you if you do not respect your opponent.

2nd fight is legit if you understand anything about martial arts (best defence is counter offense)

Last edited:
Basically Anderson got old.

Weidman was at right place at the right time.

Fight 1 : if Anderson hadn't gotten carried away with his clowning he would have won. Weidman was tiring and getting sloppy. Andersons strikes honestly looked slower and sloppier in this fight than I had ever seen from him at that point. E.g. there was a moment where he could have landed a beautiful, possible finishing knee bit he throws it lazily

Fight 2 : weidman was winning handily and then there was a freak accident

Silva lost because Weidman was the better fighter. He got lucky he didn't get ko'ed by Weidman in the first round of both fights but Weidman obviously just wanted to beat him up more. You could tell Weidman could have finished the fight at any time in either fight.

He toyed with silva in both fights

Basically Anderson got old.

Weidman was at right place at the right time.
There is zero evidence any year of silva beats Weidman as he had like 5 seconds of success in 2 fights combined. He was tooling almost everyone prior to Weidman

I'm a spider fan but the Chris beat him twice maybe if he didn't clown like an idiot he might have had a chance in the first one.

I think it's funny how people forget Weidman was kicking Silva's ass prior to the leg break in the second fight.

Weidman won every single moment of both fights. I'd be more inclined to believe the Silva excuse-makers if he mounted any significant offense. But he didn't.

He got tagged, KO'd, dropped, and broken between two fights.

If Rockhold hadn't been KTFO'd by Bisping, it would have been a total guard change. Look at the current crop of top MWs. None of those guys were really of prominence at MW yet when Weidman beat Silva, only Rockhold and Jacare carried any sort of significance and that was due to their SF wins.

I still think it was the changing of the guard. Not between the two of them but in general. An old school striker, one-dimensional but with amazing natural ability, ran into a very good Mixed Martial Artist.

There is zero evidence any year of silva beats Weidman as he had like 5 seconds of success in 2 fights combined. He was tooling almost everyone prior to Weidman

Anderson is 1-2-1 since and Weidman is 3-3.

Anderson got old.

Both fights were completely legit. Silva won zero rounds of either fight. He landed nothing of note in the first fight, and got caught multiple times on the chin before being knocked out. Then he got rocked in the second fight before the leg break. In fact there wasn't even a minute that he won in either fight. That said, Silva was in his late 30s and had already been dominated and rocked multiple times by the pillow-fisted Sonnen. He clearly wasn't in his prime.

1st Weidman fight he was in prime.

1st time he got rock and hurt by Chael was cause he had injury/surgery before fight. Anderson destroyed chael in rematch and not get hit at all.

I think Weidman is elite caliber and beats Rockhold in rematch. Rockhold was gassed and got lucky, just like Bisping more or less got lucky against Rockhold.

With that said Rockhold be a hard fight for prime Anderson, but at same time TRT Vitor merked Rockhold and Vitor was merked by Anderson but style make fights. Weidman Rockhold rematch must happen

Anderson is 1-2-1 since and Weidman is 3-3.

Anderson got old.
Weidman has 3 losses to guys who are just as good or better than any win during silva's reign.

I thought it was obvious that Weidman was the favorite. You could tell that Anderson was scared of Weidmans wrestling and you could see who the more confident fighter was.

I bet $800 on Weidman/Silva 1. And that's a lot of money for me. But I felt like it was basically free money.

Silva lost because Weidman was the better fighter. He got lucky he didn't get ko'ed by Weidman in the first round of both fights but Weidman obviously just wanted to beat him up more. You could tell Weidman could have finished the fight at any time in either fight.

He toyed with silva in both fights

Cool opinion. Ts asked so I decided to answer. It was years ago, I don't care to argue it.

Silva reigned in an era with very weak competition. Also took roids. The title changing hands doesnt make his tainted reign look any more impressive at all. And Lol at Andy playing with his food when he was the one who got eaten, twice.

no shit kid thats what I said. he fucked around and got dropped. Silva also fought a ton of PED users so what. the fuck does that have to do with anything? No shit the competition was weak but same could be said about HW for the past decade and noones shitting on the HW champ ever. Silva even went up and fought dudes at LHW cuz the division was so weak this isnt news to anyone. The division was weak but right now Mike Bisping a career long journeyman is the champ lol GSP refused to go up in weight to fight Silva so how is it his fault noone could fuck with him?

MW is a top heavy division even now, theres basically just Whittaker and Romero everyone else has either been knocked off or is a hasbeen like weidman and rockhold. Yet no one is making multiple title defenses. Idc who you're fighting if you're going undefeated for years its impressive. you just sound like a hateful lil bitch.

<bball1>

Cool opinion. Ts asked so I decided to answer. It was years ago, I don't care to argue it.
You posted a reply in a thread and I replied to it. That's how forums work. I am glad you don't care to argue it because I've wasted more than enough time arguing about these fights.

You posted a reply in a thread and I replied to it. That's how forums work. I am glad you don't care to argue it because I've wasted more than enough time arguing about these fights.

By replying to someone who hasn't quoted you, you're trying to engage them. That is different from simply responding to an op that asks for opinions.

I gave my opinion because I was asked. You quoted me to give the opposite opinion so you could have a little argument.

Good night

By replying to someone who hasn't quoted you, you're trying to engage them. That is different from simply responding to an op that asks for opinions.

I gave my opinion because I was asked. You quoted me to give the opposite opinion so you could have a little argument.

Good night
Uhhh there is a reply button for reasons other than "Starting arguments". If everytime someone disagrees with you, you automatically feel the need to start getting all pissy, perhaps you shouldn't internet.

I quote people I agree with as well. I guess I must be looking to have little arguments with them too! lol

Back