NRA Membership Benefits?

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if there were any NRA members here that could enlighten me on the usefulness of their benefits.

Due to the MSM's demonizing of the NRA over the last week and a half, I'm considering joining as a way to say 'Fuck You' to the establishment, and I'm willing to spend some $$$ to do it.

And I'm a big fan of Dana Loesh and Wayne Lapiere.

So, is it like a NAARP for gun enthusiast? With exclusive deals on firearms, ammo, and ranges?

I'm too cheap. But I'll forward their pre-fab letters to my Legislative representatives.

I'm not a member of the NRA for various reasons. According to the popular gun Youtube channels, the NRA isn't all that great. They cater more to the gun manufacturers and less to the gun owners. A lot of them recommend the Gun Owners of America. Supposedly they have nearly the same amount of members as the NRA, but put their money towards actually fighting for the second amendment and less in having a convention and sending spam mail to your mailbox on a regular basis. I'm not a member of the GOA either, but I've looked into it.

Just something to consider. Here are a couple examples of what I was referring to. The Military Arms Channel has talked about how bad the NRA is for gun owners in many of his videos, but his channel is currently down.

I'm a member of the NRA but not a huge fan of it. The only reason I stay a member is to have voting rights and change the leadership. If we can vote in better executives it would be a much better organization. There's also the GOA and SAF. The SAF has actually won a lot of the recent court cases in the last decade. There's also your local state organization.

There's also your local state organization.
This is a good point that I think is often overlooked. It's easier to track or monitor what a local group is doing instead of a large corporation. Plus, most local organizations actually have meetings you can go to where you can talk to the people in the organization and get a better feel of what they stand for. Your money may be better spend supporting a city or state group than the NRA, GOA, etc.

Debating joining. They don't do much in CA though. There are a bunch of other CA foundations that do better here so I may join one of those...

Yeah in Arizona we have the AZCDL and they have done a lot for gun rights in the state. More so than any other organization.

This is a good point that I think is often overlooked. It's easier to track or monitor what a local group is doing instead of a large corporation. Plus, most local organizations actually have meetings you can go to where you can talk to the people in the organization and get a better feel of what they stand for. Your money may be better spend supporting a city or state group than the NRA, GOA, etc.

Best perk of all is if you get a $1500 lifetime membership they give you a JACKET!!!!

Best perk of all is if you get a $1500 lifetime membership they give you a JACKET!!!!

This old post goes really well with your new emoji sig

NRA promo card came in mail.

Put it in trash today.

F em. Vermont is banning bumpstocks and hicap mags while adding age restrictions. Literally spending all kinds of time and money on a non-existant problem. All because the NRA opened the door just a bit.

Back