NRA supports regulation on 'bump stocks' Update: 02/19/18 Trump reccomends bump stock ban to AG

Forget the suppressors, open the machine gun registry, get 'evil' bumpstocks off the streets, track any and all machine guns, add them to the 500-600 thousand Legal harmless machine guns out there.

Boom, lefties get their registration, righties get the machine gun they actually want for Christmas

Here's both parts what I sent in my letter.

"In light of the Horrendous Heinous and Vicious act by that piece of trash in Las Vegas action should be taken.
Redefine: Any device, (including cranks and bump stocks) that can be added to a semi auto rifle or pistol, which mimic full auto fire, be Treated same as any full auto rifle or pistol.
I believe its effectiveness will be largely symbolic, but symbolic is what’s needed in this case, act swiftly and decisively. It’s a Political statement to be sure, a needed one.

A Compromise in the case of Suppressors; keep the current process for obtaining a Suppressor in place, but for those who have already obtained one legally, (i.e. Background check, fingerprints, processing and paperwork) allow those to add successively purchased Suppressors to the existing paperwork without starting a new process all over again."

Fuck machines guns their rules are fine. I want my goddamn Suppressor!

[Note for posterity sake] This is my opinion.

I can't really argue against those who say no compromise, as I do see and am sympathetic to their points.

Last edited:
I dunno if I'd go as far as saying that they're "sensitive to glorifying gun violence", if anything they relish in sending out mixed messages.

Anyone remember how much anti-NRA propaganda they snuck into Lethal Weapon (3, I think), like, "WTF, do you even realize what kind of movie you're making?"

Don't get me started on Die Hard 2's "German made, porcelain Glock 7s that sneak past metal detectors and cost more than what an NYPD Captain makes in a month".

Hey don't forget Balls of Fury! They had plastic guns too.
Walkenballs01.jpg

tumblr_mj5tucESTJ1qjrfswo1_500.gif

DTmHBBx.jpg

yeah because no one sells guns privately... bs!!!.. acting like that solves the problem of easy gun access is ignorant.
don't Jump into a fight and try to take a non defended shot.

no one needs 43 assault rifles and 1000 rounds of semi auto ammo, unless you are shady or paranoid schizophrenic

1000 rounds isn't anything. That is a day at the range for my buddy and I.

I don't know, this dude thinks that 1,000 rounds is a lot.

1,000 rounds would be 16 minutes of shooting with one second pauses between shots, call it twenty five minutes loading/shooting.

Or 8-12 minutes with two people shooting.

4-6 minutes with four people shooting.

You could double the time by counting to two between shots, or whatever. Point is, if you think about it, like a hobby, and have done it; you understand random numbers like '1,000 is a lot' make zero sense
Here's both parts what I sent in my letter.

"In light of the Horrendous Heinous and Vicious act by that piece of trash in Las Vegas action should be taken.
Redefine: Any device, (including cranks and bump stocks) that can be added to a semi auto rifle or pistol, which mimic full auto fire, be Treated same as any full auto rifle or pistol.
I believe its effectiveness will be largely symbolic, but symbolic is what’s needed in this case, act swiftly and decisively. It’s a Political statement to be sure, a needed one.

A Compromise in the case of Suppressors; keep the current process for obtaining a Suppressor in place, but for those who have already obtained one legally, (i.e. Background check, fingerprints, processing and paperwork) allow those to add successively purchased Suppressors to the existing paperwork without starting a new process all over again."

Fuck machines guns their rules are fine. I want my goddamn Suppressor!

[Note for posterity sake] This is my opinion.

I can't really argue against those who say no compromise, as I do see and am sympathetic to their points.
Yes I want the HPA to pass; but to ignore the fact that 'bump stocks' exist to satiate the plebs want of cheaper FA is inane. Open up the MG registry, and you wouldn't have this issue, you would have NOTHING but registered, location known, under the thumb of the NFA machine guns. Versus the gimicky, known to all options that have been around and gaining popularity since the 86 ban. Prohibition created work arounds. Bump stocks, trigger cranks etc are the governments doing by creating a prohibition.

Again there's 500,000+ legal full autos in this country, location of every single one is known. Better than the several million bump fire devices nobody can locate

I don't know, this dude thinks that 1,000 rounds is a lot.

1,000 rounds would be 16 minutes of shooting with one second pauses between shots, call it twenty five minutes loading/shooting.

Or 8-12 minutes with two people shooting.

4-6 minutes with four people shooting.

You could double the time by counting to two between shots, or whatever. Point is, if you think about it, like a hobby, and have done it; you understand random numbers like '1,000 is a lot' make zero sense

Yes I want the HPA to pass; but to ignore the fact that 'bump stocks' exist to satiate the plebs want of cheaper FA is inane. Open up the MG registry, and you wouldn't have this issue, you would have NOTHING but registered, location known, under the thumb of the NFA machine guns. Versus the gimicky, known to all options that have been around and gaining popularity since the 86 ban. Prohibition created work arounds. Bump stocks, trigger cranks etc are the governments doing by creating a prohibition.

Again there's 500,000+ legal full autos in this country, location of every single one is known. Better than the several million bump fire devices nobody can locate
so basically you're spraying. There's not many ranges that are going to tolerate a couple of yahoo's blowing through 1000 rounds in 15 minutes. i guess if the purpose is "hey, lets see if i can piss away a can of ammo really fast' then yes, it is possible.

so basically you're spraying. There's not many ranges that are going to tolerate a couple of yahoo's blowing through 1000 rounds in 15 minutes. i guess if the purpose is "hey, lets see if i can piss away a can of ammo really fast' then yes, it is possible.
Most ranges have a one second per shot rule, the 16 minutes for one person IS one shot per second. TWO yahoos would take that down to 8 minutes, add in mag changes (you should have at least a few loaded up when you go IMHO. And fifteen minutes isn't SPRAYING anything. Working multiple targets, shooting controlled double taps, etc it isn't a crazy rate of fire or a long time. You could stretch it to an hour, toss in a handgun, revolver or a bolt gun and you could stretch it again a bit.

Hell MAC posted a video of himself shooting 1,000 thru a pistol (15 round magazines) in 12 minutes and he wasn't shooting incredibly fast either.

Didn't read last 15 pages, but just in case anyone is wondering what my position is:

NO COMPROMISE

We'll only have to give up magazines over 10 rounds...

All you have to do is register your rifle before the deadline...

I don't really mind it when the police come in to my home to inspect my guns...

/Grovel

We'll only have to give up magazines over 10 rounds...

All you have to do is register your rifle before the deadline...

I don't really mind it when the police come in to my home to inspect my guns...

/Grovel
10 is if we're lucky

No public range has a problem with one shot every 2 seconds. We have our own range though.

Here is a link to our local State run range rules. It explicitly limits rate of fire to 1 shot per second.

http://georgiawildlife.com/CharlieElliott

It is not an AR-15 I know, but that same buddy shoots competitive trap. A standard competition is 200 targets. He practices nearly every day and shoots between 150 and 250 targets so 1000 shells doesn’t get him through a week of basic practice.

He will shoot 15 rounds a minute or so and will go through 200 shells in 20 minutes easy and lest you think he is spraying I’ve never seen him miss more than about 5 out of 200 and have seen him hit 200 straight many times. He shot a 196 in the last competition and tied for 4th place.

Last edited:
Back