NRA to Parkland Teens: You’re Only Relevant Because Your Classmates Died

FinalFight

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

A host for the National Rifle Association’s news outlet, NRATV, taunted the teenage survivors of last month’s school shooting in Florida, saying they’d be irrelevant if their classmates had not been killed. The message came from host Colion Noir, who directly addressed the students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High in a video ahead of Saturday’s March for Our Lives in Washington, D.C. “To all the kids from Parkland getting ready to use your First Amendment to attack everyone else’s Second Amendment at your march on Saturday, I wish a hero like Blaine Gaskill had been at Marjory Douglas High School last month because your classmates would still be alive and no one would know your names, because the media would have completely and utterly ignored your story, the way they ignored his,” Noir said. He was referring to a 34-year-old school resource officer in Maryland widely credited with stopping a school shooter earlier this week. Noir, even while using traumatized teenagers to push the NRA’s pro-gun agenda, accused the Parkland students fighting for gun control of playing for the cameras in what he described as a “gun-control reality show.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nra-to-parkland-teens-youre-only-relevant-because-your-classmates-died

____________________________________________________________________________________

What's wrong with these people?

Tweeting out photos of AR'15s on the day of the school walk out march with the caption "I'll control my own guns, thank you" and now this?

Pretty sad organization at this point. I'm glad someone sticks up for the 2nd Amendment, it's just a shame that it's become such a twisted group. Their message would be much better received coming from more thoughtful and less abrasive people.

Last edited:
Wow, I'd otherwise say they've just gone off the deep end. But on second thought, it's genius, makes you want to have a gun to protect yourself from them.

That's pretty low. Obviously they strongly disagree on the issue but mocking kids about having their classmates shot and killed really shows no class on the part of the NRA. Regardless of politics, it's hard to imagine supporting statements like that or the person that's making them.

Last edited:
He's not exactly wrong. Why are we supposed to base legislation on the feelings and opinions of kids? They may be victims, but that doesn't make them experts.

Taunting traumatized kids

These scumbags have sunk to a new low

Pretty sad organization at this point. I'm glad someone sticks up for the 2nd Amendment, it's just a shame that it's become such a twisted group. Their message would be much better received coming from more thoughtful and less abrasive people.

Yeah. It's not that he's wrong necessarily, but just that he's a cunt. Running up to a widow at her husbands funeral and saying "your husband is dead and he's never coming back!" is accurate, but god damn is it a shitty thing to do.

He's not exactly wrong. Why are we supposed to base legislation on the feelings and opinions of kids? They may be victims, but that doesn't make them experts.

The kids aren't claiming to be experts, that's a red herring.

America has struggled with trying to pass sensible gun laws for a long time, so not sure why people are acting like these kids are protesting something new. The only difference is the kids have first hand experience of being victims and have a voice that people are listening to.

The NRA peeps are just trying to get home to their families. Just trying to make a buck to support their families.

America has struggled with trying to pass sensible gun laws for a long time, so not sure why people are acting like these kids are protesting something new. The only difference is the kids have first hand experience of being victims and have a voice that people are listening to.
FIrsthand experience with what? And what is "sensible"? Should we have depressed teen making policy about teenage depression?

My sister just went to an anti-gun march today and had absolutely 0 answers to any follow-up questions. Can I just protect myself and not count on the government for everything?

What sensible gun laws are these kids proposing? They seem to have a problem with gun lobbyists influencing legislation, I support them completely in correcting that problem, but I can't stand by their heavy pressure to immediately change laws that have such a serious impact on so many people. It's a knee jerk reaction that isn't based in logic or numbers.

they’ve been doing this crap for years.

even immediately after Columbine, Charlton Heston was out giving NRA speeches at rallies.

they don’t give a shit about anything except fundraiser money and donations.

“To all the kids from Parkland getting ready to use your First Amendment to attack everyone else’s Second Amendment at your march on Saturday, I wish a hero like Blaine Gaskill had been at Marjory Douglas High School last month because your classmates would still be alive and no one would know your names, because the media would have completely and utterly ignored your story, the way they ignored his,”
Colin is right, you know...

A host for the National Rifle Association’s news outlet, NRATV, taunted the teenage survivors of last month’s school shooting in Florida, saying they’d be irrelevant if their classmates had not been killed. The message came from host Colion Noir, who directly addressed the students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High in a video ahead of Saturday’s March for Our Lives in Washington, D.C. “To all the kids from Parkland getting ready to use your First Amendment to attack everyone else’s Second Amendment at your march on Saturday, I wish a hero like Blaine Gaskill had been at Marjory Douglas High School last month because your classmates would still be alive and no one would know your names, because the media would have completely and utterly ignored your story, the way they ignored his,” Noir said. He was referring to a 34-year-old school resource officer in Maryland widely credited with stopping a school shooter earlier this week. Noir, even while using traumatized teenagers to push the NRA’s pro-gun agenda, accused the Parkland students fighting for gun control of playing for the cameras in what he described as a “gun-control reality show.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nra-to-parkland-teens-youre-only-relevant-because-your-classmates-died

____________________________________________________________________________________

What's wrong with these people?

Tweeting out photos of AR'15s on the day of the school walk out march with the caption "I'll control my own guns, thank you" and now this?

What; you don't like free speech?

Besides after that one that wants to be a reporter went on his expletive filled tirade about the NRA, I don't have a problem with anything they say.

Colion Noir isn't some PC fucking pawn.

He says what he wants.

I'm a huge fan and support him 100%. Don't expect him to walk this back.

Back