NRA to Parkland Teens: You’re Only Relevant Because Your Classmates Died

He's not exactly wrong. Why are we supposed to base legislation on the feelings and opinions of kids? They may be victims, but that doesn't make them experts.
Basing legislation and constitutional amendments on emotion is not the way to go, for sure.

The NRA went from a simple organization in the 50-60s that was basically a gun club to a bunch of complete fucking lunatics. Have you seen any of their propaganda? They put out some crazy shit.

Paranoid delusional shit

What is an "assault weapon" ? Assault is an action that can be carried out in any number of ways.

Hands, feet, fists kill @ 660 people a year. More than all rifle types combined.

Bats, hammers, texting drivers, hand guns... where do we draw the line ?
Do you feel there should be absolutely no gun regulation? Do you think every restriction is a violation of the second amendment?

This statement alone and the desire it shows is the very reason 2nd amendment supporters fight you. If there is ever actual bloodshed and conflict over this issue, it will be because of people like you HT.
LOL. Sure thing.

Fair argument, but the fact that the student body is pushing against the invasive nature of clear backpacks (they've also complained about the "racist" police on campus) while they lobby to take others rights away for their protection shows a clear hypocrisy from a group that you seem to think I should take seriously.

Why would any rational person support an invasion of privacy or infringement of rights if they did not believe those measures would solve the problem for which they were created?

Isn't this exactly the position of the NRA relative to various gun controls?

I don't give a shit about gun rights advocates. I care about winning this argument, because it's really important. History has shown that nothing will bring 2A advocates to the table, so we're going to write the legislation without your input.

Too bad for you.

th

th

Always remember the axiom:

"The first step to attaining proper wisdom, is to call things by their proper names."

I'm hard-pressed to find a more apt description of the modern left then "spiteful".

Agreed, that describes them perfectly

The NRA went from a simple organization in the 50-60s that was basically a gun club to a bunch of complete fucking lunatics. Have you seen any of their propaganda? They put out some crazy shit.

Paranoid delusional shit
Almost all of the rightwing in America has gone down that rabbit hole.

To keep kick ass militias. Not so 21st century pussies can LARP with their buddies. Go join the national guard if you want to be part of a, "well regulated militia".

Sorry, the courts have already ruled on this. And the militia was every able-bodied man; it wasn't a national guard.

See why I don't respect most pro gun advocates? What kind of a fucking counter argument is that?

Me- "Let's have Federal database to help keep track of guns in our country."

You- "But what about hammers, and punching?"

Me-
source.gif
th

Not my fault you can't grasp those simple truths you fucking tarantula

See how you lack the same courtesy I extended? I usually chalk that up to intellectual cowardice. People don't like letting others make points at their expense or they're scared of committing to a position and having to defend it later. Is there another reason you chose not to answer clear and direct questions?

Because I asked the question first. I don't want it muddled up with the equivalent of "but Hillary" deflection.

If you don't feel comfortable answering my question, and taking follow-ups, just concede. If you officially concede I will be happy to answer any question you have for me.

Sorry, the courts have already ruled on this. And the militia was every able-bodied man; it wasn't a national guard.
No they haven't. One ruling does not settle the issue. Also, interpretation is up to the reader. It's clear to me that it's about militias. I don't see how it can be read any other way. But, it is, so here we are.

Also, who gives a shit what the militia was? Unless you're advocating for going back to militias and getting rid of our standing military.

Of course I think there should be. Not at all.
I ask this because that means the second amendment has been "violated" by putting in restrictions already. If there was a correlation between gun availability and school shootings, would you be in favor of any gun regulation that would effectively limit these shootings?

I ask this hypothetical because some people would actually sacrifice these lives to keep the right to unlimited firearms basically.

Additionally, why do you think the rest of the world doesn't have nearly the same amount of school shootings the USA has?

I genuinely would like a decent answer on this from someone who is on the right leaning side of the gun debate.

th

Not my fault you can't grasp those simple truths you fucking tarantula
A gun is a tool. It's sole purpose is to kill as quickly and efficiently as possible. There is no comparison with cars, hammers, or any other stupid ass thing you want to conflate with it.

Tools are designed for a job. Guns have one job.

Not an argument.
Lol. Did you recently suffer head trauma?

My original "argument", if you want to label it as such, was me agreeing that policy shouldn't be based on what kids want. That doesn't mean they shouldn't have input, it means their ideas should be properly evaluated and implemented if appropriate. Guess what? It's usually a dumbass idea to let kids make the rules as kids in general are indeed dumbasses. That doesn't mean they're irrelevant. It means their lack of life experience makes them ill equipped decision makers.

Back