International NSS asks Google to Remove Indonesian Blasphemy App.

This is probably an Islam thing. Getting rid of that app will reduce the public lashings/canings they otherwise might have.

I am against this. I am against ALL forms of censorship. Finding justification for what YOU think is wrong, is wrong.

I am against this. I am against ALL forms of censorship. Finding justification for what YOU think is wrong, is wrong.

This....isn't censorship. This is refusing to enable religious authoritarians to "crack down on freedom of expression and persecute religious minorities." Removing this app would specifically undermine censorship.

This app is essentially a reporting function, with the reported person getting caned or worse, for exercising freedom of speech, opinion, or religion.

But you think it shouldn't...be "censored"?

You're against the censoring of censorship?
This app is essentially a reporting function, with the reported person getting caned or worse, for exercising freedom of speech, opinion, or religion.

But you think it shouldn't...be "censored"?
This....isn't censorship. This is refusing to enable religious authoritarians to "crack down on freedom of expression and persecute religious minorities." Removing this app would specifically undermine censorship.

Thats right. Islam is at the early stages of its Enlightenment and all the poisons lurking in the mud must be allowed to hatch out (I wonder if anyone gets that reference...).

If the followers of Savonarola had been silenced and forced into hiding instead of doing their deeds, the church wouldnt have purged him and his ilk, Florence would not have produced the people it produced in their aftermath...there would have been no "Bonfire of the vanities" to remind the west what happens when religion becomes too powerful.

"If Moses, Cyrus, Theseus, and Romulus had been unarmed they could not have enforced their constitutions for long—as happened in our time to Fra Girolamo Savonarola, who was ruined with his new order of things immediately the multitude believed in him no longer, and he had no means of keeping steadfast those who believed or of making the unbelievers to believe." ~ Machiavelli's The Prince

If we do not allow Islam to learn and grow as we did, they wont...instead this will just be another case of western powers getting involved in Islam.

Good idea!

'The National Secular Society has written to Google to ask it to remove an app which encourages Indonesians to report people they suspect of religious 'heresy' to the authorities.'

https://www.secularism.org.uk/news/...remove-indonesian-app-for-reporting-blasphemy

Jocko Widodo should focus more on trying to secularize Indonesia instead of attending heavy metal concerts.

Indonesia-Metalhead-President-Joko-Widodo.jpg

No amount of Metallica and Iron Maiden stuff will wash away hundreds of years of bigotry from religious extremists.

Google should really remove that app it should have been allowed by google in the first place.

I wonder how google set up their vetting process its like anyone who can make an App can upload it to the app store.

If your religion is strong it can survive blasphemous people and what not.

It’s insane the new era super powers just bow down to Islam

Remember the Crucades? They dont

Thats right. Islam is at the early stages of its Enlightenment and all the poisons lurking in the mud must be allowed to hatch out (I wonder if anyone gets that reference...).

If the followers of Savonarola had been silenced and forced into hiding instead of doing their deeds, the church wouldnt have purged him and his ilk, Florence would not have produced the people it produced in their aftermath...there would have been no "Bonfire of the vanities" to remind the west what happens when religion becomes too powerful.

"If Moses, Cyrus, Theseus, and Romulus had been unarmed they could not have enforced their constitutions for long—as happened in our time to Fra Girolamo Savonarola, who was ruined with his new order of things immediately the multitude believed in him no longer, and he had no means of keeping steadfast those who believed or of making the unbelievers to believe." ~ Machiavelli's The Prince

If we do not allow Islam to learn and grow as we did, they wont...instead this will just be another case of western powers getting involved in Islam.
Then let the Muslims vend their own damned app for the purpose of persecution.

Dude, you unwittingly stepped in shit. Don't try to save face.

Last edited:
Then let the Muslims vend their own damned app for the purpose of persecution.

Dude, you unwittingly stepped in shit. Don't try to save face.

If I stepped in shit, actually refute my points...you didnt step in shit, you jumped into a vat of it head first because your head is up your ass because you are blinded by "censorship" a WESTERN value which you want to impose onto those that dont have it and never will because you are blinded by your sense of superiority.

You cannot force a people to evolve, they need to do it on their own.

If I stepped in shit, actually refute my points...you didnt step in shit, you jumped into a vat of it head first because your head is up your ass because you are blinded by "censorship" a WESTERN value which you want to impose onto those that dont have it and never will because you are blinded by your sense of superiority.

You cannot force a people to evolve, they need to do it on their own.
Fine. Just don't expect a non-Islamist entity such as Google to be a part of their horseshit. Your objection to that idea is what makes you look foolish. Their growing pains is THEIR growing pains.

Fine. Just don't expect a non-Islamist entity such as Google to be a part of their horseshit. Your objection to that idea is what makes you look foolish. Their growing pains is THEIR growing pains.

Why the fuck not, Google pushing their horseshit everywhere else. Say something negative about Islam in the west, get your shit taken down/removed while being labeled Islamaphobic and racist. Say something about immigration, not only have the above done to you but have hate laws applied to you by Google also.

Also, stop acting as if Google is upholding western standards or non-censorship.
<LikeReally5>

Why the fuck not, Google pushing their horseshit everywhere else. Say something negative about Islam in the west, get your shit taken down/removed while being labeled Islamaphobic and racist. Say something about immigration, not only have the above done to you but have hate laws applied to you by Google also.

Also, stop acting as if Google is upholding western standards or non-censorship.
<LikeReally5>
Why must Google be a party to seeing that blasphemers get the whip or worse? Answer that question.

Why must Google be a party to seeing that blasphemers get the whip or worse? Answer that question.

Wrong is wrong. Giving a strawman like "Why must Google" shows your opinion is standing on weak ground.

Censorship is either right, or wrong and I will not support some medieval backwards totalitarian bullshit like censorship.

Wrong is wrong. Giving a strawman like "Why must Google" shows your opinion is standing on weak ground.

Censorship is either right, or wrong and I will not support some medieval backwards totalitarian bullshit like censorship.
And Google need not be involved in order for them to practice their bullshit. And you have a serious problem if you see this as a fight against censorship by supporting the sale of an app that is used intimidate and punish those who would blaspheme.

And you have a serious problem if you see this as a fight against censorship by supporting the sale of an app that is used intimidate and punish those who would blaspheme.

And you have a serious form of confirmation bias seeing as how all of these platforms ban people that dont adhere to the SJW bullshit and view anyone that disagrees with them as blasphemers via labels like racist, sexist, homophobe and wait for it...ISLAMAPHOBE.

You have no issues with that, because it adheres to your beliefs. Like a typical tool, your stances only hold up as long as it fits your beliefs and then turn on it the moment it goes against you.

I, thankfully am not a worthless tool.

Back