Nuclearlandmine's journey to detonation V1: I hate douchebags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuclearlandmine

Shreddin'
Banned
Reaction score
So, instead of continuously making new threads, i decided to go with SAAMAG's suggestion and make one whole thread for my footages, from now to the future. I asked Sinister for merging with previous threads, but apparently it might make everything jumbled together. So yeah, welcome to my thread.

Previous threads:
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f11/mma-sparring-footages-please-critique-2209761/?highlight=
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f11/new-sparring-footages-critique-welcome-2220599/?highlight=
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f11/bagworks-time-plz-critique-2236037/?highlight=
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f11/n...we-updated-sparring-video-2242907/?highlight=
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f11/shadowboxing-bagworks-form-check-edition-lets-flame-2247303/
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f11/bagworks-fatique-edition-lets-flame-2252237/
www.sherdog.net/forums/f11/new-sparring-footage-please-critique-flame-whatever-2257759/
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f11/b...ue-flame-discuss-whatever-new-thread-2258333/

To start off, here's a new bagwork video.

This time around i tried to incorporate more lateral movement around the bag. This is the end of today's kickboxing session so i was quite tired. However because of that, i was able to spot some of my earlier mistakes that now turned it ugly head once again. Like:
-jab not retract in a high line
-not enough elevation drop on body shots
-not enough snap on the punchese
-sometimes i lose my stance
-running on adreanaline again instead of actually thinking about which punches to throw

But on the other hand, i also saw some improvements on my own as well, like actually hitting the bag at my face's level for most of the time, or some other times where i was able to move lateral smoothly according to how the bag swing. It is still a work in process, but at least i tried my ass off :icon_chee So yeah, if anyone want to have some criticism, go at it. Just watch the whole thing AND read the warning below:

WARNING: Please do not critique about how my hands should be up to my chin, or near my forehead, or at least one of my hands should be at guarding my chin when the other punch. Please take it seriously, as that had been done to death in the previous threads already. I REALLY shall kill a horse every time someone mention that.

A little update with the douchebag situation: thanks to the footage, i was able to sort of convince the two instructors (one convinced, the other still sort of think that i started first) there that the hard spar on Tuesday was because of the douchebag's instigation. Predictably enough, he said to the instructor that i hit him hard first. Yes, as if those love tap on his gloves actually HURTS. But today the douchebag wasn't there, so i was not able to beat him up :mad: Instead i was able to have some works done with my issue regarding when fighting with people in the same southpaw stance, so it was all good. I hope he's going to be in on Tuesday next week though, so that i could just pummel him :icon_twis

Your very heavy on your lead foot, so when you turn your hip over for your cross your not bringing any power from your rear leg. If you had a more even weight distribution you would be able to drive off your rear leg insted of just turning your hip over and getting the power from just your core.

Put your hands up bruh!

Now, let me see that dead horse.

Ts in the last thread u said u broke his guards with jabs and shit. U can't break a guard without going a lil hard.

Just saying u mightve gone harder than u thought.

Besides that work ur pivots a lot. Incorporate them in ur shadowboxing & bagwork so u don't back up as much in sparring and if possible try to spar in a ring to limit ur backtracking and to get used to how much space u have to work in.

Also good thing to do imo is to let them pressure u into the ropes and then practice in pivoting out. So if u find urself in that situation u'll have a better idea on how to handle urself come fightday.

Your very heavy on your lead foot, so when you turn your hip over for your cross your not bringing any power from your rear leg. If you had a more even weight distribution you would be able to drive off your rear leg insted of just turning your hip over and getting the power from just your core.

The majority of my weight is in my rear leg, bro.

Put your hands up bruh!

Now, let me see that dead horse.

Behind you

Ts in the last thread u said u broke his guards with jabs and shit. U can't break a guard without going a lil hard.

Just saying u mightve gone harder than u thought.

Besides that work ur pivots a lot. Incorporate them in ur shadowboxing & bagwork so u don't back up as much in sparring and if possible try to spar in a ring to limit ur backtracking and to get used to how much space u have to work in.

Also good thing to do imo is to let them pressure u into the ropes and then practice in pivoting out. So if u find urself in that situation u'll have a better idea on how to handle urself come fightday.

Might i ask, before or after his goddamn hook at 1:15 mark of the vid? I'm pretty sure i hit light until he gets mad and swing that hook.

But thanks for the advices. I am still trying to work my pivots, but apparently it is an issue about me being to panic to use it rather than i don't know how to use it.

U didnt work ur pivots on the heavybag vid either. I guess ur panic will go away with enough hard sparring.

He's right, and it's not just your front leg either, try working on keeping your weight in the middle, don't lean to much forward or backward, a stable base gives you the oppertunity to respond faster and put more 'pop' behind your strikes. After a jab you often lean forward or backward, which makes the follow up a bit sloppy. Also dig in the straight left a little more.

By the way do you practice punching at 100% power to? You don't need to throw every punch 100%, but when your hitting the bag next time, I'd like to see you hit a bit harder, try to imagine it's a real opponement. Make sure you go as hard as you can without losing speed or technique

And another tip, try to get yourself tired, and I mean real tired, almost puking fall over tired. And then spar with a guy better than you, douchebag for my part. Those kind of sessions will demand you to focus on technique rather than speed/moving like crazy. It'll teach you how to cover a bit better, and I'm not taking hands up turtling, I'm talking defence in general. In my experience I learn most when I'm getting beat up by good guys while I'm dead tired. It'll make you more ressiliant to, because to be honest, your guys sparring wasn't even that hard.

Ts u broke the douches guard and hit him a lot before he threw that hook. U upped the intensity.

Ts u broke the douches guard and hit him a lot before he threw that hook. U upped the intensity.

If you watch it again, yes i did hit him a lot, but there were barely no power behind it. My hands were open inside the gloves, and i just focus on tagging him, not hitting him.

If you watch it again, yes i did hit him a lot, but there were barely no power behind it. My hands were open inside the gloves, and i just focus on tagging him, not hitting him.

Still harder than the pitty pat punches he gave u untill that, but anyways u should'nt make a "hard" sparring such a big deal and go to the instructors for ur next club.

U'll be hated by ur fellow clubmates, just friendly advice no need to adhere to it.

To add to my response I'd like to ask how long you've been training?

Still harder than the pitty pat punches he gave u untill that, but anyways u should'nt make a "hard" sparring such a big deal and go to the instructors for ur next club.

U'll be hated by ur fellow clubmates, just friendly advice no need to adhere to it.

Fine, let's agree to disagree on that. I have my reasons to be mad about it, as detailed in the previous thread. I don't know about you, but if punches like that is harder than his pitty pat punches, then i don't know what's "light" anymore.

To add to my response I'd like to ask how long you've been training?

6 months. And the last three months i've been training via feedbacks from fellow Sherdoggers :cool:

Fine, let's agree to disagree on that. I have my reasons to be mad about it, as detailed in the previous thread. I don't know about you, but if punches like that is harder than his pitty pat punches, then i don't know what's "light" anymore.

6 months. And the last three months i've been training via feedbacks from fellow Sherdoggers :cool:

Okay, doesn't look bad for someone training that short. You should try the suggestion I gave you for training (perhaps you already have done something similair before)

Okay, doesn't look bad for someone training that short. You should try the suggestion I gave you for training (perhaps you already have done something similair before)

Actually if possible maybe could you take the time to read my previous threads? It is because some of your advices are a little bit..........contradicted to the system i am learning. But i don't want to turn this into a pissing match like some other times with other people. I'd be really grateful if you can do that.

Actually if possible maybe could you take the time to read my previous threads? It is because some of your advices are a little bit..........contradicted to the system i am learning. But i don't want to turn this into a pissing match like some other times with other people. I'd be really grateful if you can do that.

I watched your video on the bag and the sparring with douchebag, but since I don't have hours to spend today, could you briefly explain what your goal is? Do you want to get good enough to compete? And if so, in what disipline?

I watched your video on the bag and the sparring with douchebag, but since I don't have hours to spend today, could you briefly explain what your goal is? Do you want to get good enough to compete? And if so, in what disipline?

I mean way way previous, like the first link or so. But i will try to keep it short.
1. Goal: proficent at old school boxing (pre-Queensbury rules boxing)
2. Compete: yes, i want to be good enough to be compete as an Amateur, either in MMA or boxing
I'm sure you will start disagree on me on these two answers, which is why i recommend you to read my threads, start from the first to the last one. It will answer a lot (if not all) of your possible queries since many people had make the same queries already.

I mean way way previous, like the first link or so. But i will try to keep it short.
1. Goal: proficent at old school boxing (pre-Queensbury rules boxing)
2. Compete: yes, i want to be good enough to be compete as an Amateur, either in MMA or boxing
I'm sure you will start disagree on me on these two answers, which is why i recommend you to read my threads, start from the first to the last one. It will answer a lot (if not all) of your possible queries since many people had make the same queries already.

Haha don't worry, I'm here to see if I can offer some help, not to start a long discussion with you about your style of boxing.

First off all, I'm not going to tell you to keep your hands up, if you can prevent getting tagged by using proper footwork and headmovement, that's fine. Esspecially as a beginner I encourage you to just use the style you think fits you best.

Second, which is why I asked, if you want to compete, you have to learn how to absorb proper blows. No boxer/mma fighter got great by just practicing technique and never get hit. So find a training partner who doesn't mind getting hit a bit harder, and spar with him. It'll teach you a lot about yourself and get you mentally a lot tougher. With my second suggestion, getting yourself tired, I simply mean pushing your limits. Get yourself so tired your almost giving up, and then set the clock at 5 mins and spar with a relatively fresh opponement who has better boxing than you. If you get trough those 5 minutes without quitting, then you can start entertaining the idea of competition.

If you I suggest you post a video of you sparring mma, cause I could help you a lot better on technique points with mma than I can with boxing as I'm a mixed martial artist myself. I've got decent mma standup but boxing is so much different from mma stand up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back