Media Nurmagomedov Lore: Islam and 6 others leave Abdulmanap, Khabib armbars Mamedov

Islam Mamedov is a top LW fighting in Bellator.

Close to undefeated I believe. Got robbed in a decision against Bendo last year.

Then Usman Nurmagomedov avenged his loss and KO'ed Bendo a month ago via question mark kick.

maxresdefault.jpg

Here's a picture of the team

Notable fighters: Rustam Khabilov Magomedkerimov Frodo Ikram Alisekrov

Funny how they all came back in the end.
Fp7_o4GWwAIHLx9

Looks like Sultan Aliev in the red shirt and I recognize the dude on the far left too, he was a hyped 145er for a while fuck his name slips my mind.

I can see why Khabilov left considering he was in the same division as Khabib. However, his quality as a fighter definitely decreased. Dude went from throwing people on their head until they got KO'd to winning uninspired decisions.

Abdulmanap and his Gym sounds like a movie, raising insane fighters from a young age.
While the region in general produces great talent, the ones who trained under him are truly something special.

I think people underestimate how insanely good it is to have such a knowledgable coach around from your childhood/teenage years.

Sultan Aliev and Marat Gafurov are somewhat notable too.. Both fought in premier organizations.
Esedullah Emiragaev is pretty notable too for sucker punching Conor. (I don't normally condone sucker punching, unless it's on Conor)
giphy.gif

Damn I just remembered it was Marat Gafurov after my lunch and came to post, I remember when he was THE GUY in ONE FC, before he got derailed 2014-2015 Gafurov was a guy people wanted to see fight Jose Aldo or Patricio in the UFC or Bellator.

Similarly from these photos I always wanted to see Frodo Khasbulaeb vs Patricio or Strauss in Bellator but after going 5-0 in the promotion and I think winning the FW tournament his visa got denied and he wasn't able to fight stateside anymore. Very good fighters.

Esed the motherfucking legend I've always wondered how that mf still has a US visa after the shit he pulled. Is he a fighter too? I know he always corners the big Khabib and Islam but I never knew if he fought in mma before.

He is a legend among Abdulmanap's older students.
Forget the visa. He still gets credentialed and is allowed to corner fighters even after putting paws on the company's biggest star.Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 11.56.15 PM.png

As mentioned Islam never left. I was confused at first.

Back