NOT cutting weight becoming new meta?

EmbraceTheGrind

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was looking at the UFC champs the other night and I noticed something.. the newer champions DO NOT cut a lot of weight. Whittaker, Colby (whether or not you call him a champ), Stipe isn't necessarily the biggest HW and his mobility and speed for a HW is why he's so damn good, Max Holloway cuts like 15-20 lbs which isn't a lot, DJ doesn't cut that much either and neither does TJ. Those who cut maybe 10-20 lbs seem to have a huge cardio and speed advantage over their opponents. I also think this is the new trend with the wrestlers. Like Gregor Gillespie and Colby who aren't power wrestlers who cut 30-40 lbs like Johny but are tenacious chain wrestlers who will just keep shooting because they don't get tired. The power wrestling days I think are over because it only takes stuffing a few of their takedowns and they seem gassed. Is this the new meta?

Not UFC athletes, but fighters from inferior organizations aren’t cutting much weight or not weight at all.

Nut cutting is taking it too far imo

I'm interested to see Bader in the GP in Bellator. I think he can win it .

Not UFC athletes, but fighters from inferior organizations aren’t cutting much weight or not weight at all.

Hard to find the motivation to cut alot of weight when you're being paid in peanuts.

The new meta is make a thread for every fart that explodes out of the asshole in your fat head.

NUT CUTTING WEIGHT

owww.gif

1 tank, 3 healers w/ a Brigette, and 2 DPS is the new Meta

Bro....Holloway was on death's door trying to make 155 on a week's notice. He's said that he walks around at over 180lbs, which is HUGE for a Featherweight. I'd be shocked if Max was anything less than 170lbs on fight night.

Whittaker walks around at 216lbs and is 205 after he rehydrates, so he's not a small MW by any stretch of the imagination. Woodley is also huge for the weight class and so is Cormier.

im telling you,the new layout has made thread starters even stupider

Please help control the fighter population, have your fighters spayed or neutered

Holloway couldnt make LW on short notice. He's been talking about moving up because the cuts are getting difficult.

Some of those you mention might not be the extreme weight-cutters, but they are not small for their divisions by any means.

Only DJ is undersized and Stipe is in the perfect range for HW, which is an exception of division where weight reaches a point of diminishing returns.

Whittaker is a perfectly sized MW, he was overcutting to WW.

Colby looks like a normal WW as well.

Holloway has gone on record saying that he may have to move up in the future due to difficult cuts, not to mention the UFC 223 debacle.

TJ is not the tallest BW, but looks more depleted than a fucking concentration camp survivor at weigh-in and he doesn't have an ounce of fat to spare except for his gyno.

Extreme weight cuts are allready too much dude why would yo want for fighters to cut of their nuts, average nuts probably dont carry much weigh it cant be worth it Imho

Bro....Holloway was on death's door trying to make 155 on a week's notice. He's said that he walks around at over 180lbs, which is HUGE for a Featherweight. I'd be shocked if Max was anything less than 170lbs on fight night.

Whittaker walks around at 216lbs and is 205 after he rehydrates, so he's not a small MW by any stretch of the imagination. Woodley is also huge for the weight class and so is Cormier.
And lets not forget Khabib who walks around basically the same size as GSP before cutting to LW.

Back