Nutty News Stories...

Race has always been self-reported. I'm not sure why this seems like news to anybody. When you entered school, did they test your DNA? No, odds are you just checked off a box. You probably never thought twice about it unless you were bi-racial and did not feel like the boxes accurately applied to you at the time.
Thats like saying its OK to misrepresent yourself for personal gain.

Race has always been self-reported. I'm not sure why this seems like news to anybody. When you entered school, did they test your DNA? No, odds are you just checked off a box. You probably never thought twice about it unless you were bi-racial and did not feel like the boxes accurately applied to you at the time.

I always wondered how the NFL applies the Rooney Rule.

You MUST interview a minority. So... how do you know this guy is a minority? Are you sure?

Of course people typically self-report their actual race. They still do typically self-report their actual race.

But I'm saying that it has never been regulated. People have always just self-reported whatever they want without any confirmation from a credible source. That is the same way that it has always been.

I guess you are making the argument that people may start reporting that they are a different race more often now? That would be a strange thing to do, but it's not like we've ever really prevented that in the past.
NO. You are still missing the point and the point, may in fact be beyond you.

People self reporting their race prior were not doing it based on this idea of transrace where they knew they were white (or whatever) but stated they 'identified as another race' and thus are reporting that.

No one prior was putting in what they identified with and what they were doing was putting in what they knew or assumed they were.

People self reporting their race prior were not doing it based on this idea of transrace where they knew they were white (or whatever) but stated they 'identified as another race' and thus are reporting that.

No one prior was putting in what they identified with and what they were doing was putting in what they knew or assumed they were.

Dude there are like 3 transrace people ever.

Relax.

Welp, buddy, that's why they pick those headlines. Look at all the business you have generated for them.

Anyways, I have no problem with the comfort animals trend. The more animals the better. The more that non-human presence can dilute the concentration of human shittiness, the better.

Funny how some think that clarifying a point of fact is somehow indicative of not being relaxed.

There is nothing un-relaxed in my post dude.

If you're worried about transrace people then you've got some seriously tight panties little fella.

Of course people typically self-report their actual race. They still do typically self-report their actual race.

But I'm saying that it has never been regulated. People have always just self-reported whatever they want without any confirmation from a credible source. That is the same way that it has always been.

I guess you are making the argument that people may start reporting that they are a different race more often now? That would be a strange thing to do, but it's not like we've ever really prevented that in the past.
tenor.gif

If you're worried about transrace people then you've got some seriously tight panties little fella.
Just getting to know you as a poster so not sure yet if your entire M.O. is to stuff strawmen and then fight with yourself as you certainly are not engaging anything I said with your comment 'worried about transrace people' as I have never said or indicated any such thing.

So unwind yourself girlyman and either go find and fight with your ghosts or engage the actual discussions at hand.

Imagine if you're a lawyer and/or judge that doesn't identify as a female in this day and age. You're dealing with a whole lot of feelings and you're probably wrong if you don't agree with the complainant.

Also, imagine trying to write a novel in 20 years, have it make sense, and not get charged with hate speech.

"They went with the four theys on a group vacation somewhere."

Last edited:
For the love of God, I hope some kid in delaware, fills in his race as wigger.

The article you posted said that people can self identify their own race. That is not a change, that is exactly how it has always been. At some point, you have self identified as a certain race. Nobody ever asked you what it was based on, nor did you have to prove anything to anybody.

It seems that your real concern is that people are suddenly going to become trans racial. Have you seen an increase in transracial people in your own life or on television? Can you name even a few? Did this article spook you in some way?

The idea of being trans racial is ridiculous to me. But I'm not going to raise a fuss over something that's not even happening. You seem to be predicting a drastic change in people being trans racial, I don't see that happening.

5 months later, I wonder if this morning show's hosts would be in the wrong in Delaware for denying this woman her self-identity?

The article you posted said that people can self identify their own race. That is not a change, that is exactly how it has always been. At some point, you have self identified as a certain race. Nobody ever asked you what it was based on, nor did you have to prove anything to anybody.

It seems that your real concern is that people are suddenly going to become trans racial. Have you seen an increase in transracial people in your own life or on television? Can you name even a few? Did this article spook you in some way?

The idea of being trans racial is ridiculous to me. But I'm not going to raise a fuss over something that's not even happening. You seem to be predicting a drastic change in people being trans racial, I don't see that happening.
No that is not my concern and no you are still missing the point.

Repeating a literal interpretation over and over does not keep you from missing the point.

The point is that like the white lady who self identified as a black activist AND GOT IN A LOT OF TROUBLE FOR IT, because even though any one could do that, as your say, since there was no real checking, ...HOWEVER IF THEY DID FIND OUT IT WAS CONSIDERED IMPROPER AND YOU WERE OUTED.

This now represents a very significant change from that time AND THAT IS THE POINT YOU KEEP MISSING. Had that same lady done that today under the transrace acceptance she would not have that issue.

Now you need to reply again showing you are simply incapable of understanding the change,.which is the point.

Last edited:
No that is not my concern and no you are still missing the point.

Repeating a literal interpretation over and over does not keep you from missing the point.

The point is, like the white lady who self identified as a black activist period AND GOT IN A LOT OF TROUBLE FOR IT, because even though any one could do that as your say since there was no real checking, HOWEVER IF THEY DID FIND OUT IT WAS CONSIDERED IMPROPER AND YOU WERE OUTED.

This now represents a very significant change from that time AND THAT IS THE POINT YOU KEEP MISSING. Had that same lady done that today under the transrace acceptance she would not have that issue.

Now you need to reply again showing you are simply incapable of understanding the change,.which is the point.

Is it hard for you to just see that I disagree?

If Rachel Dolezal was caught today faking her ethnicity, she would be shamed exactly the way she was a few years ago. I see absolutely no evidence to suggest otherwise.

I have actually never heard a single person say they support one's right to switch races, ever.

Is it hard for you to just see that I disagree?

If Rachel Dolezal was caught today faking her ethnicity, she would be shamed exactly the way she was a few years ago. I see absolutely no evidence to suggest otherwise.

I have actually never heard a single person say they support one's right to switch races, ever.
No. You don't get to disagree.

I never posted my opinion on the article. I just posted the article and you began telling me I was wrong and stuffing straw men.

I was telling you what the article said and you were saying it did not say that and you were wrong.

If you want to say the article is incorrect in your view that would be entirely different than what you did say and I would have no problem with that. But you assumed I have a position on that article and you started a false argument over that.

Back