NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III - Live PBP and discussion

Pretty basic story they're telling but it's being done very well and I'm buying in.

I don't know who the heel was in the match. Bobby was being an arrogant face. Drew was being a Rollins tweener. Drew had a huge height advantage.

He might not be that strong to use a power move. Kind of like Jinder

Jinder got the roid bodybuilder core. Not like Cesaro or even a Nak (yeah Cena almost dieded but even lifting a dude like that up is beyond most of the roster).

Crazy fucking event, I loved it. Every match meant something and told a story, the presentation was all over the place in the right way, and the only botch I can recall was Mauro calling an Avalanche Michinoku Driver instead of an Avalanche Falcon Arrow.

It's funny, I swore TakeOver Dallas couldn't be topped, the energy in that building was electric, but this event was objectively more entertaining. And the day I after I watched Shinsuke make his debut, I watched O'Reilly and Adam Cole go to war in ROH, baybay.

Really good show. Lots of new developing story lines. Seems like WWE is done with Itami and Roode will probably move up.

Really good show. Lots of new developing story lines. Seems like WWE is done with Itami and Roode will probably move up.

I think after the match when Nigel was saying we'd be seeing big things out of Itami he was kinda shooting on backstage politics. I get the impression they wanted to see how much effort Hideo would put into a big loss to an up-and-comer before deciding how much of a midcard push to give him, possibly move him up.

looks like kairi sain will be the one to take the belt off asuka i think

Bah. The Asuka run has been the best thing the WWE has done in years.

Have Asuka steamroll Bliss, then take the NXT title away from her like they did with Paige.

I think after the match when Nigel was saying we'd be seeing big things out of Itami he was kinda shooting on backstage politics. I get the impression they wanted to see how much effort Hideo would put into a big loss to an up-and-comer before deciding how much of a midcard push to give him, possibly move him up.
i think he put in really good effort into that match

I get that, but even with Balor who'd been ready to come up for months they booked to him at worst look equal to Joe. Roode won every bit of the feud with Nak.

That is the problem with leaving etiquette. Nakamuras star-power was diminished a bit by the two straight losses to Roode.

That is why I don't want Asuka to put anyone over before she goes. She is too damn good to be putting anyone on the roster over, when that roster is so far behind her. Moon probably deserves it, though her promos need work.

So KENTA cant even get a win over a guy I have never even heard of?

I remember when they first brought him in and he had all this hype....Dude should just go back to Japan

His match with Black was the best that I have seen him during his nightmare run with NXT. He put on a very good performance tonight.

He's small and doesn't have heaps of personality. I don't want to see Itami's run as a failure and hope that he is able to find success within the company.

That is the problem with leaving etiquette. Nakamuras star-power was diminished a bit by the two straight losses to Roode.

That is why I don't want Asuka to put anyone over before she goes. She is too damn good to be putting anyone on the roster over, when that roster is so far behind her. Moon probably deserves it, though her promos need work.

Well, that's also the thing - almost everyone leaves NXT on their shield. Very, VERY few don't, at least for the champions. Balor lost to Joe and then to Nak clean on his way out. Like every lady champion passed it on before coming up (Paige major exception, same w/ KO and the dudes).

Asuka's win last night wasn't totally clean but it certainly didn't rise to the level of cheating in Ember / Asuka I, and also she hit the fucking Eclipse and it was kicked out of. I kinda think that was a mistake. I realize it was the only thing they could do to get a real false finish pop, but still ... could have still protected it somehow (have Asuka grab ref to break it up, whatever).

idk, having hte MYC winner take out Asuka would seem a bit cheesy to me

Okay here's the thing for me.

I fucking loved this show.

I just wish it could have been slightly longer. Like if they had a match on the pre-show and let each match on the main card go 3-5 minutes longer (or maybe just let the opener, Black/Itami, and women's title match have gone 3-5 minutes longer ... we didn't even get a tease of the GTS, for example) ... as tight as the pacing was on those matches, I could have gone for one or two more false finishes on each.

And I do get that a large part of the appeal of the show for many was indeed that it was 5 great matches packed into just two and a half hours. Just my personal opinion, could have gone with just a bit more padding - a fun match on the pre-show and one or two non-wrestling segments: maybe a taped vignette, maybe a live interview or interaction backstage ... when you have 5 matches and 4 of them are 1-on-1 ... no matter how great they are, I like a little variety ... a triple threat, four-way or tag on the pre-show would have been great.

Well, that's also the thing - almost everyone leaves NXT on their shield. Very, VERY few don't, at least for the champions. Balor lost to Joe and then to Nak clean on his way out. Like every lady champion passed it on before coming up (Paige major exception, same w/ KO and the dudes).

Asuka's win last night wasn't totally clean but it certainly didn't rise to the level of cheating in Ember / Asuka I, and also she hit the fucking Eclipse and it was kicked out of. I kinda think that was a mistake. I realize it was the only thing they could do to get a real false finish pop, but still ... could have still protected it somehow (have Asuka grab ref to break it up, whatever).

idk, having hte MYC winner take out Asuka would seem a bit cheesy to me

I'd like to see Asuka dethroned by somebody with a better work-ethic, more talent and a similar record to her. No woman in the WWE, let alone NXT, can do this. Moon is closest (and after last night, would be something that I can just about accept) but the other women are so far behind that seeing Asuka lose to them would leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Same with the Mae Young Classic winner. I don't want to see someone like Kairi Sane win when, despite how good they are, they've only been signed up for a few months.

Keep Asukas streak going and have her steamroll Raw. Whilst this is happening, maybe Moon can go through Smackdown, get the women's title there, have them meet at Wrestlemania and then maybe Asuka can finally lose.

I was on the edge of my seat multiple times during the Asuka V Moon match. I liked the finish. Asuka comes off as unstoppable after kicking out of the Eclipse, the cheating failed but the end was clean. Both women came off tremendously well after the match.

Balor went out pretty well as his rivalry with Joe was close and he did win one. Losing once to Nakamura didn't hurt him either as Nakamura was on a real hot streak after NJPW and his barn burner with Zayn. Joe went out well too as he also was able to get wins on Nakamura before bowing out. Nakamura losing two straight, cleanly, to Roode was frustrating to watch though, especially because Nakamura didn't have a brilliant title run between Joe and Roode.

AdamColeNXT-1.jpg

I'd like to see Asuka dethroned by somebody with a better work-ethic, more talent and a similar record to her. No woman in the WWE, let alone NXT, can do this. Moon is closest (and after last night, would be something that I can just about accept) but the other women are so far behind that seeing Asuka lose to them would leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Same with the Mae Young Classic winner. I don't want to see someone like Kairi Sane win when, despite how good they are, they've only been signed up for a few months.

Keep Asukas streak going and have her steamroll Raw. Whilst this is happening, maybe Moon can go through Smackdown, get the women's title there, have them meet at Wrestlemania and then maybe Asuka can finally lose.

I was on the edge of my seat multiple times during the Asuka V Moon match. I liked the finish. Asuka comes off as unstoppable after kicking out of the Eclipse, the cheating failed but the end was clean. Both women came off tremendously well after the match.

Balor went out pretty well as his rivalry with Joe was close and he did win one. Losing once to Nakamura didn't hurt him either as Nakamura was on a real hot streak after NJPW and his barn burner with Zayn. Joe went out well too as he also was able to get wins on Nakamura before bowing out. Nakamura losing two straight, cleanly, to Roode was frustrating to watch though, especially because Nakamura didn't have a brilliant title run between Joe and Roode.

Nak's entire run was frustrating. imo they rushed his call-up. He didn't have a single memorable feud. Whereas Balor had barnburners with KO and Joe.

Nak's entire run was frustrating. imo they rushed his call-up. He didn't have a single memorable feud. Whereas Balor had barnburners with KO and Joe.

Rushed indeed.

I wouldn't say that his match with Zayn or his feud with Joe wasn't memorable. His match with Zayn was a classic, a must-watch and his series of matches with Joe was the right way to establish Nakamura as champion, whilst giving Joe a respectful farewell.

Nakamura finished with Joe and then basically did nothing but lose to Roode twice. He should of ran through everybody else before losing to Roode, or at least beating Roode (who is hardly Goldberg) once before going out on his sword. I'd have Nakamura win one, Roode cheat to win in the second and then Roode clean.

I have faith in McIntyres run, as long as he is dominant. The man has a tremendous physical presence about him, a real brute.

Back