NXT Takeover: Philadelphia live PBP and discussion

Who wins ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I heard this event was off the hook.

I also heard Chris masters is in town for the rumble.

So I heard this event was off the hook.

I also heard Chris masters is in town for the rumble.

the main event clearly the best match, honestly its only january but it will be hard for it to be beat in wwe/nxt
a lot of good matches honestly

im glad almas was not one and done champ. i think black might be next if not idk who then. almas can get his win back if it is black

the main event clearly the best match, honestly its only january but it will be hard for it to be beat in wwe/nxt
a lot of good matches honestly

It'll be hard for anyone to beat this match.

Great show as usual. They should have put the belt on Gargano. Especially with the crowd that pumped, the run in by his wife, and the return of Ciampa.

Great show as usual. They should have put the belt on Gargano. Especially with the crowd that pumped and the return of Ciampa.
Nah. He's gotta be on the Bayley storyline. Can't get the belt in the first try, the money is in the chase for him. Almas needs to hold on to it for a while longer to firmly establish himself as well.

Nah. He's gotta be on the Bayley storyline. Can't get the belt in the first try, the money is in the chase for him. Almas needs to hold on to it for a while longer to firmly establish himself as well.

Ugh, I don't like that all. Gargano isn't fighting a physically huge guy. Almas can win it back next week. The match was so hot and then it was just like "umm" when Almas won.

157_NXT_01272018ej_8810--4241f0dd3ac6110eb82496a5ffaf7b87.jpg

Ugh, I don't like that all. Gargano isn't fighting a physically huge guy. Almas can win it back next week. The match was so hot and then it was just like "umm" when Almas won.

He can't move on and accomplish the dreams of his future until he exorcises the demons of his past.

Just watched Dream vs. Sloppy Fat with LTR.

Me: What'd you think of Velveteen Dream?
LTR: I did not want him to win.

Authors of Pain V Undisputed Era was a quality tag team match, full of hard-hitting offence from both pairs. I think that Authors of Pain can be money on the main roster and I am glad that they lost in a way that didn’t make them look weak.

Velveteen Dream V Kassius Ohno was another good showcase for the Dream, though he seemed to have issues with carrying Ohno at times. I understand that Ohno is really good but if he wants to do the things that he tried to do with Velveteen, then he needs to drop the excess weight.

Ember Moon V Shayna Baszler was a good match with a fantastic ending. I really like Shaynas pitbull-like mentality and the relentless attack on the arm, capped off with the epic arm bar struggle, really captivated me as I saw it as a believable finish.

Adam Cole V Aleister Black was a hard-hitting, fun match. Only complaint is that they spent too much time setting up elaborate stunts and not aggressively wrapping chairs over bodies. I think that Black could be a massive star on the main roster, the next Undertaker even, if handled correctly. Adam Cole is very talented, charismatic and good looking, but he is small.

Johnny Gargano V Andrade “Cien” Almas was nothing short of incredible. Two fantastic performers doing brilliant work, punctuated by a very appreciative crowd. Despite being overshadowed at the beginning by Tye Dillinger’s struggle, Almas has always delivered at Takeovers and with the cocky attitude (that seems like a natural fit) and Zelina Vega (who is frankly, stunning and performed a great hurricanrana on Gargano into the steps), I’m hoping that he gets a lengthy run with the belt. Gargano is an excellent baby face who is able to really capture the audiences emotions, and performs very, very well in the ring. He should no doubt beat Almas in the end, either for the NXT title belt or on the main roster, but Almas deserves his run first.

I really wanted Ciampa to smash Candice LeRae with the crutch after hitting Gargano with it. It would have added so much more to the feud. Ciampa looks mental, so I hope that he acts the part going forward.

Velveteen Dream V Kassius Ohno was another good showcase for the Dream, though he seemed to have issues with carrying Ohno at times. I understand that Ohno is really good but if he wants to do the things that he tried to do with Velveteen, then he needs to drop the excess weight.

I think it was just some bad timing on both their parts, although I'd have to rewatch to be sure. Ohno was looking even heavier (a bit) on the indies, and he was working largely w/ people smaller than Dream, and as far as I can tell didn't gain any kind of reputation for being hard to work with.

I think it was just some bad timing on both their parts, although I'd have to rewatch to be sure. Ohno was looking even heavier (a bit) on the indies, and he was working largely w/ people smaller than Dream, and as far as I can tell didn't gain any kind of reputation for being hard to work with.

I didn’t really follow Ohno on the independent scene, but I’d imagine that he worked with more experienced wrestlers.

Velveteen Dream has a tremendous upside, as he is what looks to be a lifelong fan, with a great look and charisma. He is still rather new as a wrestler though and is only 22 years old.

The issues weren’t serious, just a few rough patches. It seemed like Dream was struggling because of Ohnos size and instead of adjusting, just tried to rush through what they were trying to do, because Dream was either unbalanced or uncoordinated. It seemed like they had bit off more than Dream could chew.

Don’t get me wrong, I really like Ohno as well, but I’d like to see him drop some weight for the sake of his look. He and his opponent could perform these ambitious moves and sequences better if he dropped a few pounds, as well.

Rewatching Almas-Gargano and noticed when Gargano gets down to the ring upon walking out, there's a dude in a red hat that has a pretty visible glowing admiration of Gargano and takes a good look at Johnny Wrestling's ass.

<Kpop775>

Back