NYC Just Reported First Weekend w/o a Shooting on Record

The best steakhouse in the world (probably).

Other great restaurants that come to mind are Quality Meats, Peter Luger (Brooklyn), Gotham Bar & Grill, Gramercy Tavern, Eleven Madison Park, Jean Georges, Babbo, Momofuku Ssam Bar, Lobster Joint (Brooklyn), Patsy's Pizza (Harlem)... I mean, it's arguably the culinary capital of the world so the options are fucking endless.

The architecture is sick too, so much variation.

St. Patrick's Cathedral (1879) [Gothic Revival]

st-patrick-cathedral.jpg

Brooklyn Bridge (1883) [Neo-Gothic]

New-York-City-Skyline-Manhattan-Financial-District-World-Trade-Center-Brooklyn-Bridge-XL.jpg

Flatiron Building (1902) [Renaissance Revival]

681px-Flatiron_Building_3618433845_5745ebc1b9.jpg

Woolworth Building (1913) [Neo-Gothic]

WoolworthBuilding.JPG

Chrysler Building (1930) [Art Deco]

0358New_York_City_Chrysler_Building.JPG

Across from Grand Central Terminal (1913) [Beaux Arts]

Grand_central_chrysler.jpg

Empire State Building (1931) [Art Deco]

o-EMPIRE-STATE-BUILDING-facebook.jpg

One World Trade Center (2014) [Contemporary Modern]

OneWorldTradeCenter.jpg

Most of my affluent New York friends always swore by Peter Luger's. I never made the trip. I went to a couple of the other really big one, and they weren't that special.

You watch the Michelin-type channels and the best steakhouse always gets put in NYC. You watch the the meat culture channels, and they always point to Kansas City. I trust the meat channels.

I thought Trump words are weapons and they incite violence and people to do violent things???

Most of my affluent New York friends always swore by Peter Luger's. I never made the trip. I went to a couple of the other really big one, and they weren't that special.

You watch the Michelin-type channels and the best steakhouse always gets put in NYC. You watch the the meat culture channels, and they always point to Kansas City. I trust the meat channels.

Your friends are on point, it's damn good. You can never hit every spot but my top three steakhouses for NYC on experience are probably Keens, Peter Luger and Quality Meats. I've only been to Kansas City once driving through, we opted for BBQ. I don't regret it.

A lot of the right wingers commenting on this thread obviously didn't live through the 1980's. In those days NYC would have been lucky to go 3 hours without a shooting.

A lot of the right wingers commenting on this thread obviously didn't live through the 1980's. In those days NYC would have been lucky to go 3 hours without a shooting.

Damn, how old are you? :confused: :p

Damn, how old are you? :confused: :p
Old enough to have lived through the 1980's, old enough to know that even the most crime ridden cities today are like paradise on earth compared to those very same cities in 1980's.

"A city of 8.6 million people — not a single shooting for three days," Mayor Bill de Blasio said on Monday, according to CNN.
https://www.npr.org/2018/10/17/6580...-first-weekend-without-a-shooting-in-25-years

Hat's off to the librul schzitholes!

Multiculturalism is clearly a failed experiment doomed to die the living death.

Liberal Fantasy = "NYC Just Reported First Weekend w/o a Shooting on Record"

Reality =
"New York City Had Its First Weekend Without A Shooting In 25 Years
"

While its great that they had no shootings in a 2 day period, it really isnt special, has nothing to do with multiculturalism and still doesnt change the fact its a shithole. The poverty in parts of the city is revolting still being near 20%...

Here, Harlem in the 1940s and 50s...was still mostly black, yet next to no violence...even at midnight.

Old enough to have lived through the 1980's, old enough to know that even the most crime ridden cities today are like paradise on earth compared to those very same cities in 1980's.

You mean I wouldn't be able to wander around freely through Queensbridge in the 80s?

You mean I wouldn't be able to wander around freely through Queensbridge in the 80s?
You wouldn't be able to wander around freely after dark in most cities after dark in the 1980's unless you wanted to be robbed, raped, or killed and not necessarily in that order.

Manhattan has more people than like 3 shit hole GOP stronghold states combined. Yet they have less say in what happens to the country.

Pathetic really. The greatest city on earth continues to be the greatest city on earth.

Interesting that the crime there has been dropping steadily despite very different approaches to law enforcement, from "Good Neighbor" pseudoscience, to cracking skulls and blatantly violating the constitution, to progressive hires, to gun control, on and on. All efforts have overseen significantly reduced crime.

And of course, New York City is the world's gold standard for multiculturalism.

Lots to be confused about if you're obsessed with identity and political factors.

You wouldn't be able to wander around freely after dark in most cities after dark in the 1980's unless you wanted to be robbed, raped, or killed and not necessarily in that order.

I believe you, OG. North Dakota has always been ridiculously safe relative to rest of the country, had a homicide rate around 0.5 per 100K (comparable to Northern Europe) before the Bakken oil boom and it's still under 2.0 now but Murica on the whole was a fucked up place, still kind of is.

Murder.png

hmm might be safe enough for me to leave my apartment longer than 5 mins to get pizza

LOL @ this being an accomplishment worthy of praise.

If you don't think that a city of 9 million people not having a shooting in three days isn't remarkable, then you're a dunce.

Statistically speaking, it's almost unbelievable.

Back