Obama called Libya a sh*t show....

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Bloodworth, Jan 12, 2018.

1. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

Um no, he didn't want war with Syria, that's why the US never put boots on the ground or used Airpower to hit Assad. Recall that he was derided for not even keeping to the redline he gave Assad, after the chemical attack. If Hillary or McCain had been president, the US would have attacked Assad, and enabled a Sunni jihadist takeover. Because Obama was president, the world was spared this.

Kafir-kun and HomerThompson like this.
  2. Juventud

Juventud Black Belt

Republicans suddenly caring about Libya when they didn't give 2 fucks about the false Iraq war, Afghanistan & the cheerleading at the time to add a 3rd war with Iran under Bush.

They only turned on Bush when their daddy Trump did.

The selective outrage is hilarious.
    I remember a lot more dems turning on Obama for droning people than Repubs for the countless war profiteering Bush/Cheney made.

Kafir-kun and HomerThompson like this.
  3. electricfuneral

electricfuneral Red Belt

a thread of whatboutism, very good politics.

HomerThompson likes this.
  4. Bacco

Bacco Red Belt

Italy had a deal with Gaddafi (and Putin), wich involved oil and immigration control

France wanted Libya's stuff and tried to start shit, Italy opposed it

France+Obama+England started shit

Libya became total crap, causing mass immigration and terrorism

Now after years EU just tried to do same deal with new-Libya which is weaker than Gaddafi-Libya, and more stupid than Gaddafi-Libya
    Few weeks and they already got humanitarian orgs eyes on them, soon there will be usual voices telling the deal must be broken

5. Tobacco

Tobacco --------------------------------------------------

Why is this?

Is it because the actual sounds in arabic don't translate well enough to english, hence it is left wide open for interpretations.

I mean, even Qu'aran, and Koran....

6. snakedafunky

snakedafunky Red Belt

Yeah, I don't know how other states are doing it. But it recently came out that the BND (German intelligence).
    Pays a lot of money to turn some of the Lybian Warlords from human trafficker to anti-traffic. Basically, you pay them not to traffic anyone and fight their former competition.

Obviously not exactly the kind of people you can really on or want to make deals with. But everyone pretty much just ignored the news because people realized that's the only way it can work.
    You now have a growing number of people saying Germany/EU should pick one faction in Lybia and back them so the only power and in return stop the boats from leaving.

7. Liquid Smoke

Liquid Smoke Great artists steal™

Disgusting! What a vile thing to say. I am outraged.

uppercutbus likes this.
  8. Liquid Smoke

Liquid Smoke Great artists steal™

Also it's an Arabic name which uses a completely different alphabet. Any attempt to write it in a Latin or Roman based alphabet is a only phonetic approximation. Early in my career I worked for an Israeli who spelled his name differently than his own brother in English because they came over at different times and didn't compare notes.

Trotsky likes this.
  9. HomerThompson

HomerThompson Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Platinum Member

EZShrimpn likes this.
  10. Bacco

Bacco Red Belt

Now Gentiloni is saying he's sending italian soldiers in Nigeria to help locals forces stop traffick route, as Nigeria is supposed to be a starting/important point

Essentially they will kill some traffickers, gift local forces of some nice new rifles.
    Then the traffick will just deviate into some other african nation without much change, then we will pretend we DEFEATED human traffick because there's no more in Nigeria.
    Then of course, italian soldiers and cameras will stop stay there and the traffick can restart in Nigeria too.

But that's the political way, achieve a empty useless "win" show you "done something" about it and call it a day

Because essentially politician know better than anybody else that west/europe in 2018 have no tools to truly stop third world invasion, because we play rules that don't allow it and any true solution will get quickly opposed and stopped

Politicians know future will degenarate (and wait automatization to truly start work revolution in few years), tension will rise and things will get worse for both locals and immigrants (specially the good ones) but better let the world fall into chaotic crap and allow shit to hit the fan, rather than personal political suicide.
    To not count immigration itself as showed to be a profitable business for

Who care, the longer they manage to stay in politic the more money they will accumulate, the more money they will accumulate the more they will be able to mantain a nice life for themselves and theyr families, regardless of whatever decay hit the rest of theyr nation

That's about the west ruled by globalization propaganda sold as "left" (just because "left" coat offer more free-pass than "right" coat due teh Hitlah)

11. PrinceOfPain

PrinceOfPain Silver Belt

Nope.
    You guys fucked up one of the continent's faint glimmers of hope.
    As an added bonus, you helped ensure Europe would face a challenge beyond any it ever has.

I can see why you all think so highly of Obama. Lol

bufetadanacara likes this.
  12. Seaside

Seaside Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores

why you think france and uk wanted to make war so bad?

13. Bloodworth

Bloodworth Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

Obama asked Congress for war on Syria but was Denied.

14. snakedafunky

snakedafunky Red Belt

Yeah, I don't see it that bad. I think the worst of the migrant or refugees crisis is behind us because the politicians have been forced to react. Due to a challenge from the right.
    If you look at Germany we are going to cap the refugees at 200.000 per year and make changes to the family reunification. Also last year only 280.000 came anyway.
    So cutting that by another 80,000 sounds doable to me.

Now if you change the process to make it easier and more efficient to kick unwelcomed people out. The issue will regulate itself. Especially now with ISIS gone and the Syrian conflict coming to an end.
    Germany will be able to take people from Syria of the refugee list and can kick them out. Also, Syrians or Afgan are not really the big issue it's the North Africans and Africans in general that cause the most trouble.

If you can make a lasting deal somewhere in North Africa and stop them from coming. I think the issue will be resolved within the next decades.
    Who knows if this will lead to stronger immigration policies into the EU. It might actually be considered a good thing in the future.

15. cabal

cabal Brown Belt

The sack of Libia was primary an attack agaist us by the french , obama agreed and helped

16. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

I really don't recal that. He was pressured to go to war by Hillary, GOP Neocons, some Euros,Turkey and Saudi-UAE axis.

17. Bacco

Bacco Red Belt

I think Europe already done a damage to itself with what has been done, let alone what will happen in future even at "regulated" pace
    Europe already have tons of troubles on social level with 2nd, 3rd generations (those you can't deport) and new arrives will make it worse.
    You already got areas where immigrants treat the place as theyr own nation and are hostile toward locals.
    And it's not just some "new" temporary situation, in parts of France has been that way for decades

We will "make it work" as America does with it's melting pot, wich crime-wise is anyway a far lower standard than the one EU countries used to have, specially some ones
    Of course it will be a bit better, as firearms are less common here, but you will get similar ethnic gangs phenomenon and shitty social substrate.
    There's that push to become an european mirror of USA society model, when USA itself still after all these years did'nt found a way to make it work better than best european ones

Of course a mass deportation system (oh no!) that work not as exceptional event, but as regular daily routine to expel undesiderable subjects (as anybody commiting crimes in the host nation) will help a lot to prevent the worst of immigrants to stay and generate a shitty wave of 2nd/3rd generations you can't get rid of

It will also be an incentive to integrate and reward all these honest immigrants that actually follow host nation rules and became good citiziens, that as now are being treated equally as shitty ones because there's a blind standard of hypocrisy

But is pure sci-fi at this point to be honest, no politician will ever try it and even if he does the only actual effect will be on his career (hint: not a good one)

This on most low social basic level, on a bigger scenario the main simple issue no politician want touch and will duck worse than Conor duck belt defense, is the fact that

-Africa population keep and keep growing, while the continent is'nt getting better. There will be ever more peoples that want come here
    -We are entering in an historical period that in close future will see an huge % decrease of low-skilled labor

Essentially there will be ever more coming here, we will have ever less need of them and there will be ever more unemployed ones that will be feed highing the taxes of the locals and/or using public €€€ that could be used for the actual good of the nation
    Of course higher unemployment will also cause higher % of foreign problems

But no politician want touch a problem that from his point of view should fall on the head of whoever will succeed after himself, let them burn theyr hands touching it if they want... that's the mindset of that 50% of politicians that are supposed to oppose the phenomenon, meanwhile other 50% is blind pushing for it

At the end of the games, none of them will pay the price.
    The real price will be paid by low/middle class locals and by all these honest immigrants that woked theyr ass to be good citiziens
    All of this in the name of something sold as "left" that will stab first the same demographic that an healthy "left" is traditionally supposed to represent, and left the richest richer than ever lol

All this shit is not left or right, is globalization pushing for globalization
    I guess most of lefty "Change!" enthusiasts have theyr heads to much into theyr propaganda ass to even remember just few years ago, first time "globalization" started to be a thing in common speech, the no-globals were actually angry screaming lefties for the most part.
    Few years of facebook/mediashit propaganda and now it's theyr holy horse of justice

Globalist marketing literally just put a "that's chocolate!" memo next to the same piece of crap they fought against and suddently it's became theyr fav food

Imho you can be left or right, 2018 Europe is a shitshow from whatever perspective and honestly as apolitical person that does'nt get pleasure from "my team" winning meaningless elections, i don't see the music changing anytime soon

Possibly a cynical vision but if my peoples (either my nation or europe as a whole) are too stupid to change things throught vote, i can't give the slightest fuck about the situation aside see it as an element to consider when making choices.
    On moral level i'm disgusted to see it as the most pratical approach, because it goes against any healthy society perspective of good future for me, my family and my fellow countrymen next generations, but still real life > muh morality

My simple point of view is that best mindset right now is not to "hope things will go well for the country/society" but to do your own best to accumulate money/professional power to improve your position and have the freedom to not be stuck into the cesspit, because even if you don't live into one, it may become one in future.
    This as somebody born and grown in the cesspit area of my city lol

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Bald1 likes this.
  18. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

Partly because UAE and Saudi were lobbying them. I really don't recall the other reasons. Could have been a gas pipeline from Qatar to W.Europe ??

19. hillelslovak87

hillelslovak87 Silver Belt

You guys? lol. You might want to ask someone if they even liked him before saying such stupid shit.

20. Rum

Rum Champion of Champions