Obama called Libya a sh*t show....

Syria was a clusterfuck of American ineptitude until Russia intervened.

It was also an example of what sort of dragged out horror show can be made of an already horrific war when one decides to go in and start dropping bombs and paying fanatics to fight, instead of actually trying to win and having a long-term plan.

There's a strong argument for the claim that oBama dropped the ball on Syria but the problem is that it contradicts your argument here. Syria is a clusterfuck because Obama did not want to intervene and instead offered tepid support for the resistance. Again, he even failed to enforce his red line.That's not him being too bloodthirsty, that's him being squeamish
Regarding special forces, as I said, as an American you probably think it proves the opposite of my statement, but he didn't do it to spare American lives, he did it so that America could militarily operate on a far broader scope than before without drawing the attention of the media and public.
Those aren't mutually exclusive and I'm almost certain the reduced loss of American lives was part of the motivation, if only because that would help his reelection and hurt the image of the Dems less.

Besides, while he expanded the countries we operate in we also lost fewer American lives and also caused less collateral damage than if he had intervened with boots on the ground.Again, not the actions of a blood thirsty leader.
Source?
As I recall, they turned against intervention because they signed up for a no-fly zone and got cold feet over all the civilians getting blown up.
Yes, they got annoyed that NATO abused its mandate and the US deserves blame for that. But I'm saying its far more complicated than your simplistic comment about Obama being bloodthirsty.
I know you didn't. I did.

He let the French and british take the lead on a military intervention to which he, as leader of the free world, gave moral and material support.
He let them take the lead because they were the ones itching ti intervene while he was dragged into it by the hawks in his administration. I don't think the US needs lead every intervention and I certainly don't see how leading from behind like that indicates blood thirst. Lack of foresight? Maybe, but bloodthirsty? Nah

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back