Observation from my first live event.

AmericanParadox

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hey gents,
I'm from Jacksonville and have never had a chance to make it to a live event until they came to Orlando on Saturday.

What stood out the most was the brutal KO of Killa B. I couldn't put my finger on why it felt so strange to watch, considering I've watched thousands of nasty finishes on the screen. Then I figured out that they never show the fighter at the moment they come around from a long sleep on TV. They always cut away when it is exceptionally gnarly.

Watching him come around and then flounder on the ground for a moment in front of the packed arena felt a little voyeuristic. It was pretty interesting. Glad he wasn't out any longer than he was.

On a side note, everything about my first event after being a long time fanatic was epic. I highly recommend. I hope to god they bring Yoel to Miami soon!

Hey gents,
I'm from Jacksonville and have never had a chance to make it to a live event until they came to Orlando on Saturday.

What stood out the most was the brutal KO of Killa B. I couldn't put my finger on why it felt so strange to watch, considering I've watched thousands of nasty finishes on the screen. Then I figured out that they never show the fighter at the moment they come around from a long sleep on TV. They always cut away when it is exceptionally gnarly.

Watching him come around and then flounder on the ground for a moment in front of the packed arena felt a little voyeuristic. It was pretty interesting. Glad he wasn't out any longer than he was.

On a side note, everything about my first event after being a long time fanatic was epic. I highly recommend. I hope to god they bring Yoel to Miami soon!
May I ask when did you got there. Like the first fight or Right when the Jouban-Saunders fight happened?

How many KOs did you see in the crowd?

No fights but almost saw a cop beat up a dude that touched him, saw some beautiful Brazilian women in the crowd, lots of chants in Portuguese, and a metric fuck ton of Nature Boy WOOO's.

Were people still on their seats during the strawweight fights? Or did they go for a beer/smoke/piss?

Anyone yell "punch him in the face/dick" or "kick his ass, Seabass"?

how many times did you "wooooo".

I hope the answer is zero

Were people still on their seats during the strawweight fights? Or did they go for a beer/smoke/piss?

Everyone around me stayed packed in during the fights and moved about during the breaks between. It was a bit more empty early on in the night but I was pleasantly surprised at how much the arena filled out over the course of the evening.

I think the fans in Florida are starving for events and we will take what we can get.

how many times did you "wooooo".

I hope the answer is zero
What was the crowd atmosphere after their home town boy Perry got brutalized?

I'm not a very extroverted guy. No woo's from me haha.

There were a few disappointed conversations lingering through to the next fight but the fights moved forward a lot quicker than I thought they would. People seemed to forget shortly after.

Idiots who "whoooo" at live events should be ejected immediately.

Idiots who "whoooo" at live events should be ejected immediately.
Its amazing to me how quickly this spread worldwide, and I think it was just from that ESPN doc putting Ric flair back in the spotlight?

Its amazing to me how quickly this spread worldwide, and I think it was just from that ESPN doc putting Ric flair back in the spotlight?

I actually think a fighter started it, for ufc events. I remember somebody doing it in their corner between rounds a couple years ago when the camera was on them, and the crowd started to do it.

I actually think a fighter started it, for ufc events. I remember somebody doing it in their corner between rounds a couple years ago when the camera was on them, and the crowd started to do it.
Crowds...full of sheeple

I seem to remember Guida woooing in between rounds

Idk what started it, but it's been going on for years...that 30 for 30 on Flair is great though...

<20>

Back