Obsidian teases new sci fi game

The Outer Worlds

Looks like a hybrid Borderlands, Fallout clone. Intrigued.

Playing The Stooges in your sci-fi RPG from the minds behind Fallout and Fallout: New Vegas will get you an insta buy from me.

Not sure how Microsoft buys Obsidian and still can't get an exclusive. Pathetic.

The Fallout we deserved all along. I hope MS pumps enough money and helps with development for the game to truly shine. The writing is going to be fantastic.

It was announced just recently that Microsoft acquired Obsidian.

Xbox finally going to get a decent exclusive?

No.

Obsidian made above average games and no company acquired by MSFT did not go downhill afterwards.

Borderland meets Westworld. No thanks.

Lmfao this isn’t even a confirmed Xbox exclusive. Either way looking more like another dud like sea of thieves.

The Outer Worlds

Looks like a hybrid Borderlands, Fallout clone. Intrigued.

<mma4>
I've always liked the aesthetic of Fallout despite not caring for the gameplay itself. Seems like this game has that Mid-Mod Space Kitsch look; I'll definitely be keeping tabs on this one.

More footage of the game, it looks fucking incredible! I love Unreal Engine 4 games, especially when rich colour pallets are used like this. It's total eye candy, with smooth framerates, unlike Bethesda's clunky relic. Bethesda reminds me of Matt Hughes getting worked over by GSP, or BJ after Edgar. Just like that both were left behind.

I liked this sequence of comments too

ECHO LEOPARD6 hours ago
Obsidian: Truth is kid it was rigged from the start. shoots Bethesda

Samantha Pollard
4 hours ago
More like Bethesda shoots Obsidian, then Obsidian comes back to kill Bethesda

BinaryChode
56 minutes ago (edited)
Obsidian is the courier

Last edited:
Yeah it looks good

I been supporting Obsidian with Pillars of Eternity and I'll pick this one up as well

I'm quite disappointed from what it has been shown so far to be honest, Tim Cain and Boyarsky made Fallout 1, Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, Arcanum, all games that were pretty original/unique. This one looks pretty....generic to me, and the gameplay looks like your typical uninspired bullet spongy fps.
Also, I was lowkey hoping that this secret project would be ''Bloodlines 2'' ahah. <mma1>

Microsoft has been getting fucking destroyed by Sony when it comes to exclusives. So much so, that I finally had to break down and buy a fucking ps4, I was so sick of missing out on good games.

Microsoft has been getting fucking destroyed by Sony when it comes to exclusives. So much so, that I finally had to break down and buy a fucking ps4, I was so sick of missing out on good games.

Same thing happened to me.

Same thing happened to me.
Fucking years of hearing hype about a game and then oh too bad, that's another sony exclusive. Felt like I paid three hundred bucks for a fuckin betamax.

No regrets here tho. Already finished Spider-Man, half way thru the last of us, and working on Bloodborne. I can't wait until I have more free time to pick up some more games. Everything I've played has been great so far.

Fuck Microsoft for real. They price gouge the shit out of everything. Weak exclusives, weak sales. The xbone has an INFERIOR UI and store compared to the 360. And to top it off ps4 let's you share your psn account with a friend and double your library for free.

200 bucks and I got a console, spider man and roughly 40 to 50 games my bud has on his psn. Hard to complain about that.

I'm quite disappointed from what it has been shown so far to be honest, Tim Cain and Boyarsky made Fallout 1, Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, Arcanum, all games that were pretty original/unique. This one looks pretty....generic to me, and the gameplay looks like your typical uninspired bullet spongy fps.
Also, I was lowkey hoping that this secret project would be ''Bloodlines 2'' ahah. <mma1>

We've barely seen anything, especially anything about quests or how your choices shape the world..you know Obsidian's bread and butter. Hold your horses a bit.

This game looks interesting, I will miss VATs, but whatever this game has, I am sure it will suffice.

I am looking foreword to it. Just purchased tyranny enjoying it so far.

Back