Television Oct 1! Curb Your Enthusiasm Returns!

I loved it. Who the fuck serves tap water at a dinner party? At the end when funkhauser has had enough and lets her know how he really feels I was dying.
the funk man was putting a beating on my insides. i also lost my shit when Larry shoves the perfume lady. first time in a long time i have laughed as hard as i did watching this episode. vintage Curb from start to finish.

Last ep was great. Larry pretending to have aspergers with the mechanic and the car accident dude going all white guilt beta when Leon answered the door lol. I was dying.

I just finished the first 3 episodes and although entertaining, something just doesn't feel right.

It almost seems like they are trying really hard to force the awkward situational comedy. It doesn't feel as genuine as it did in the past. For instance, the lesbian hair dresser, or the employee with the cookies.

Compare this to scenes in the past where the guy pulls up and takes up 2 lanes, or Larry locking his car door when he sees the black guy. It was your everyday scenario that you could just imagine happening in person, and that's what made it funny. I'm gonna finish up the season since its still funny and entertaining; its just lacking that CYE feel.

the funk man was putting a beating on my insides. i also lost my shit when Larry shoves the perfume lady. first time in a long time i have laughed as hard as i did watching this episode. vintage Curb from start to finish.

Funkman and Richard Lewis are my two favorites.

"LD a goldfish would commit suicide in this water"

Last episode was the best of the season IMO.

Fucking hysterical

I think it might have been for me too as well. Not sure though that whole tap water situation was fucking hilarious. Either way though loved that guy going back through all of the people Larry screwed over and agreeing with Larry the whole time.

Also what the fuck happened to that mom from Gilmore Girls. She used to be pretty hot for an older women and now she's all fat.

I think it might have been for me too as well. Not sure though that whole tap water situation was fucking hilarious. Either way though loved that guy going back through all of the people Larry screwed over and agreeing with Larry the whole time.

Also what the fuck happened to that mom from Gilmore Girls. She used to be pretty hot for an older women and now she's all fat.

When he was sitting at the Muslim type court meeting was the highlight for me.

LD just crushed that scene. Plus the ketchup thing was hysterical

LD just crushed that scene. Plus the ketchup thing was hysterical

I actually thought Larry was going to ruin the whole by making a big deal out of all the ketchup that guy was using. He kept his mouth shut though and let the other guys do all the complaining.

I actually thought Larry was going to ruin the whole by making a big deal out of all the ketchup that guy was using. He kept his mouth shut though and let the other guys do all the complaining.

Well I think he was relishing the fact that they agreed with him. He was doing his usual facial expressions of agreement.

@method115

How great is it that he hates Marty Funkhousers new girlfriend and he crushes her like clockwork

I love it. He keeps trying to smooth things over and then immediately jumps on her about something else. When she shoved all that ketchup in her mouth though I was like WTF is wrong with you. Larry may not know when to let things go but he's hardly ever wrong.

I love it. He keeps trying to smooth things over and then immediately jumps on her about something else. When she shoved all that ketchup in her mouth though I was like WTF is wrong with you. Larry may not know when to let things go but he's hardly ever wrong.

I don't think he's trying to smooth anything over. I think he's being sarcastic, passive aggressive and doesn't give two shits about it lol

Is there anything better than watching LD ruin Marty and Richard Lewis. Shit never gets old

That last episode was def one of the season's best. The callback montage to episodes from the past was amazing

I think the show has been on a roll the past three episodes. The one with Accidental Text on purpose- with the whole Funk girlfriend scenario and Ed Begley Jr. bailing on the golf game cause he knew he would lose money was great. Namaste episode was really funny and I enjoyed the last one a lot as well with the awkward situation with Larry's handyman and Larry standing up for the guy trying to get seconds at the buffet line.

When the Muslim that Larry stood up for was investigating Larry's past, we got some funny callbacks to previous episodes (Krazy-Eyez Killa ftfw) and it was a pretty enjoyable reversal of the Seinfeld finale where a bunch of past characters talk about how shitty the four of them were. In this one, amusingly, the guy finds Larry to be vindicated in each scenario which I thought was comically pointing out that, as obnoxious as Larry can be and is in many interactions, you often can see where he's coming from.

There were also some subtle and very Curb-esque moments like his continued skepticism that Lauren Graham's son is actually on the spectrum and his complete nonchalance when Funkhouser's girlfriend gets ketchup on her shirt and emphasizes they have to leave. "Yeah. Go. Go." Couldn't possibly give a shit less that she was heading out.

One thing I think was very solid about this season was we got plenty of Funkhouser and Richard Lewis along with Susie and Jeff.

Overall, I feel the season really hit its stride with episode 6, 7, and 8 and it came at a good time as I thought the Thank You for Your Service episode was a bit too silly.

The last three and the episode with the Disturbance in the Kitchen were the best of the season so far for me.

@method115

How great is it that he hates Marty Funkhousers new girlfriend and he crushes her like clockwork

It's great too because that actress is very good at conveying that she has absolutely nothing but disdain for Larry. You can have that scene where he basically apologizes and says lets start fresh and she looks like she begrudgingly will accept that but then he's on her right off the bat about the excessive ketchup and you can see she loathes the guy.

I loved it. Who the fuck serves tap water at a dinner party? At the end when funkhauser has had enough and lets her know how he really feels I was dying.

Same i was howling at that part, amazing ep.

I avoided this thread because there was a leak, was that just a few of the early episodes or the whole season?

Also I am loving the fuck out of this season. It's like Curb never left, right back in the groove. I hope he keeps doing more and doesn't wait a bunch of years this time. The world needs more Larry David

It's great too because that actress is very good at conveying that she has absolutely nothing but disdain for Larry. You can have that scene where he basically apologizes and says lets start fresh and she looks like she begrudgingly will accept that but then he's on her right off the bat about the excessive ketchup and you can see she loathes the guy.

Yeah he's super passive aggressive and he hates he also. He only apologizes so he can maybe eat brunch with another couple and see Marty lol

I like Larry being single a lot more than married. If anything him and Leon should get married.

Back