Odd experience at the post office today

The first package you mentioned was not for you. It will be returned. I'm glad you did not open it, it could have been a small bomb or powder. I would not get too hung up on it. Contact the person you think sent it to you. Why would they get the address incorrect? Do you or your father have any enemies that want to hurt you? Were you expecting something from a friend? Why would you not know of a package that you were going to receive? Very odd...

Wasn't expecting anything, I just assumed it was a friend trying to be funny. Don't think my dad or I have many enemies.

What can you say about the package: Size, shape, weight etc?

Have you googled Bry bry angel face to see if it means something? (I dare not - in case it's a curse)

Also it could be a maniac's baby-speak-spelling of Bye Bye Angel Face...do you have any crazy ex's/recent break-ups/people owing you stuff from the past?

I did google it and got nothing. No recent break ups.

It was in one of these
15-20cm-Yellow-Kraft-Bubble-Mailers-Padded-Bubble-Envelopes-Bags-Envelope-Mailing-Bag-Paper-Envelopes.jpg_640x640.jpg

Whatever was in it wasn't very big. Took up like 30% of the envelope in the middle area.

All you had to do was open the package and see what was in it. If you wanted to return it to the post office you could have said I got this home and opened it and realized it wasn't mine.

Yeah I mean if I could go back in time that's what I'd do. If it was something important and it was meant for me, I'm sure they'll send it back again once the post office gets it back to them. It was from an antique store, I don't think it was anything to worry about.

Wasn't expecting anything, I just assumed it was a friend trying to be funny. Don't think my dad or I have many enemies.

I did google it and got nothing. No recent break ups.

It was in one of these
15-20cm-Yellow-Kraft-Bubble-Mailers-Padded-Bubble-Envelopes-Bags-Envelope-Mailing-Bag-Paper-Envelopes.jpg_640x640.jpg

Whatever was in it wasn't very big. Took up like 30% of the envelope in the middle area.
Did you get a sense of what it could have been - a shape, or density ?

Could it have said ByeByeAngelFace and you read it as BryBry because it's reminiscent of your name...? Are you 100% certain it said BryBry?

Did you get a sense of what it could have been - a shape, or density ?

Could it have said ByeByeAngelFace and you read it as BryBry because it's reminiscent of your name...? Are you 100% certain it said BryBry?

Yeah 100% it said Bry Bry. When I went back to the post office to tell a different worker that it may be referring to me, she said it out loud, they got the package about a month ago so they've been waiting for someone to show up claiming it. No idea what it could've been, felt like something inside of plastic, like what little action figures come in.

Yeah 100% it said Bry Bry. When I went back to the post office to tell a different worker that it may be referring to me, she said it out loud, they got the package about a month ago so they've been waiting for someone to show up claiming it. No idea what it could've been, felt like something inside of plastic, like what little action figures come in.
Christ it's so weird. It would do my head in, if it was me.
Was the label handwritten?
Do you have the name of the antique store? Can you contact them?

Christ it's so weird. It would do my head in, if it was me.
Was the label handwritten?
Do you have the name of the antique store? Can you contact them?

It was typed out on a label. She said it came from an antique store called Little Treasures. I googled it and there's one in that area called Little House of Treasures so I assume that's it. I might give them a call tomorrow but based off the Yelp pictures it's ran by a bunch of old people. I don't know anyone in that area and that doesn't seem like a store that would ship things out often but idk. I'm thinking it's just a misunderstanding.

It is weird how it all played out tho. The package for my dad was supposed to show up at the house but ended up at the post office for some reason, then my dad can't pick it up so he asks me to, then the lady gives that to me instead of the correct package. Just feels like a movie how everything fell into place. I'm sure if my dad picked up the package he would've thought nothing of it, but since it was the first 3 letters of my name, and 1 number off the correct address, it stuck out to me.

The difference was 1 number. If that address existed it would be the house right next to me. It was just odd that the name started with Bry Bry. Those 2 things combined made me think someone was trying to be funny & just got the address slightly wrong. I totally get why they didn’t give it to me tho, I have no proof that I am Bry Bry Angel Face.
yea, the issue isnt so much the street address as it is that your name is not bry bry stinky face

It was typed out on a label. She said it came from an antique store called Little Treasures. I googled it and there's one in that area called Little House of Treasures so I assume that's it. I might give them a call tomorrow but based off the Yelp pictures it's ran by a bunch of old people. I don't know anyone in that area and that doesn't seem like a store that would ship things out often but idk. I'm thinking it's just a misunderstanding.

It is weird how it all played out tho. The package for my dad was supposed to show up at the house but ended up at the post office for some reason, then my dad can't pick it up so he asks me to, then the lady gives that to me instead of the correct package. Just feels like a movie how everything fell into place. I'm sure if my dad picked up the package he would've thought nothing of it, but since it was the first 3 letters of my name, and 1 number off the correct address, it stuck out to me.
I hope you can find out more from the antique store. Even if the BryBryAngelFace was typed out and not handwritten they must remember such a packet - if it's a very old store with not much business they probably know exactly what they send when and to whom.

Yeah, the whole thing is odd - i would definitely also have gotten a whiff of the twilight zone feeling if it had happened to me. Please keep us posted (no pun intended).

Yeah I mean if I could go back in time that's what I'd do. If it was something important and it was meant for me, I'm sure they'll send it back again once the post office gets it back to them. It was from an antique store, I don't think it was anything to worry about.

Bro, you could have opened that package up and it could have been like this...

giphy.gif

Well, you could not really fit a small device (bomb) in that kind of envelope. Plus, the U.S. Post Office is suppose to x-ray all boxes in transit. Doesn't mean they do it though. I know of chemical and biological powders you cold send someone in the mail that could really make them sick. I also deal with 'elements'. Elements from the periodic table. I just purchased some Uranium 238 that came in a tube, filled with mineral oil, and wrapped in lead foil. It came in a small box. If you x-rayed the box, it might look like two small pipe bombs. x-ray does not go through lead.

Just don't be opening packages from strangers. Take it to the police. How do you think Russia killed their last 2 spies? Not through the mail, but through highly toxic stuff. Stuff you can buy legally.

Back