Off balancing techniques

Nice! I love the lead inside leg kick as you pull back from punches, but I never really follow it up that much except for a right hand here and there. The good old hendo inside legkick to overhand coming forward is another one.

It's nice getting a few more ideas for combos to incorperate with that, so thanks! Having several ways to unbalance someone is also a great tool to have in your toolbox and something I'd like to work more on. One of the big benefits of MT.

You can also enter the clinch with a dominating balance after the sweep. I use the knee in combination while engaging it.
I think i never tried the sweep after a hook. I don't really throw hooks, but i often teach to KBoxers or to MMartist, the classic "dutch combo" with the low kick after the 3. I' m gonna try the last one you showed. I don't know why it never really crossed my mind...

Last edited:
You can also enter the clinch with a dominating balance after the sweep. I use the knee in combination while engaging it.
I think i never tried the sweep after a hook. I don't really throw hooks, but i often teach to KBoxers or to MMartist, the classic "dutch combo" with the low kick after the 3. I' m gonna try the last one you showed. I don't know why it never really crossed my mind...
Lead inside leg kick unbalancing your opponent then stepping into the clinch with a rear knee sounds like a pretty good move.

The most practical off balance technique is to slip a bill cosby into their re-hydration drink pre-fight

I love ALL muay thai sweep / trips and unbalancing techniques from outside the clinch. It always looks so smooth and effective.

Liam Harrison always does them during his padwork - usually follows up the first sweep that Shin showed with a right elbow.

Told you they'd be interested ;)

Enough of this....... Just Bang....

Maybe instead of Banging in the same location, you could hire...... something like a Bus.........you could put it on YouTube as Advanced Muay on a Bus. .......or Bang Bus

hey guys I was out of town past few days anyways, glad you guys liked the vid. Glad you guys liked the vid. Following the left hook up with the left kick is pretty good because its uncommon and unexpected. Once you trip the guy up, your follow up is really goind to depend on the position he lands in, how hard the trip was, his reacdtion to it, etc. So basically the distance is going to be different everytime you do it so just use whats best at that time. I have used this before and completely swept people off their feet and onto the floor, but its not very common.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back