Officer Mohamed Noor faces murder charge in Australian woman's shooting death

Your odds of being killed by police is lower than bee sting or lightning strike. Your post is silly and hyperbolic.

But the odds are greater than being killed by a terrorist, since most people will never be anyways near a terrorist. In other news, people that live in landlocked states are less likely to be attacked by a shark than people in Florida

Your odds of being killed by police is lower than bee sting or lightning strike. Your post is silly and hyperbolic.

In the worst year on our national records (only started in 1989), there were 11 fatal police shootings in Australia. In total between 1989 and 2011 there were 105.
Guess how that stacks up per capita?
Pew pew.

3rd murder or 2nd manslaughter

Good to see that the prosecution team had a brain and did not over charge. Nothing is more frustrating than seeing a killer walk free because the DA went for murder 1 on something that was clearly reactionary and situational rather than planned out beforehand

If you're so scared, that while sitting in your squad car, armed, with an armed partner - that a white woman running up to you makes you shit your pants and ND - then you don't need to be a cop.

The guy is either an abject coward, or a sociopath who was looking for an excuse to murder a white woman.

Either way, death is better than he deserves.

1200px-Execution_chamber%2C_Florida.jpg

So the black cop shoots a blonde white woman and he gets done. But all the white cops shooting blacks get away with it. I am shocked
Yeah, we get it. Everything's polar. In no way does context factor into these situations, nor should they be treated case-by-case. It's all the white man. Very original.

Murder won't stick; unfortunately. That's saying he planned this prior to it happening then went and performed the plan. Clearly he didn't, but here's to hoping he faces serious consequences.

Sickening

Edit: just saw it's 3rd Degree. Should get the conviction.
From what I read, Involuntary Manslaughter sounds appropriate. He was clearly negligent, and it led to someone dying.

Yea pretty amazing he got charged. But far from a certainty he is convicted. My guess is his department was willing to throw him under the bus given his skin tone
You're surprised someone got charged, after randomly firing their weapon into another human being, resulting in death, without anything remotely resembling provocation? You take biased to new levels.

Murder won't stick; unfortunately. That's saying he planned this prior to it happening then went and performed the plan. Clearly he didn't, but here's to hoping he faces serious consequences.

Sickening

Edit: just saw it's 3rd Degree. Should get the conviction.

Yep, the prosecutors aren't being stupid and overcharging. 3rd degree murder is provable, but the manslaughter charge is a lock. He's going away for sure.

I have a feeling that when the department gets sued it is going to come out that the PD lowered its standards because it was under pressure to hire Somalis to be cops. And the Somali population is still adjusting to living in America so many of them are still wired to live in Somalia where shooting a person running up to you is a reasonable act. Thus, their psych profiles might be off to be a US cop.

In Australia if I was pulled over I would stay in the car but I would just have a friendly chat with them and be on my way. If you got out of the car it would be odd but nothing terrible would happen. If a cop pulled a gun in a traffic incident it would be headline news. I think this video is a great summary:

lol @ a 12 pack of Wild Turkey! Never saw that before!

Kind of feel bad seeing such a criminal genius get taken down like that.

Had a shit day and I've been pretty cranky. But hey, the snow is finally starting to melt, the days are getting longer and the sun is becoming a regular fixture in the sky once again. So life is good.

My point still stands though. I thought tje Tamir Rice shooting was pretty bad, but this is right up there. From the sounds of things this guy isn't qualified to be the village idiot, nevermind a cop.
It’s more than “right up there”. Weren’t cops called to the park because someone described like Tamir was said to have a gun and was pointing it at people? In this case, it was the woman who made the call to the police.

It’s more than “right up there”. Weren’t cops called to the park because someone described like Tamir was said to have a gun and was pointing it at people? In this case, it was the woman who made the call to the police.
Sure, Tamir had a toy gun, but did you see that video? The cops pulled up and executed the kid. Not 5 seconds later and the kid was dead. That's less time than it takes to say "hands up" and see if there's an appropriate or inappropriate response.

In Australia if I was pulled over I would stay in the car but I would just have a friendly chat with them and be on my way. If you got out of the car it would be odd but nothing terrible would happen. If a cop pulled a gun in a traffic incident it would be headline news. I think this video is a great summary:

'Whose your mate?'

'James'

'Whats your name?'

'James'

Sure, Tamir had a toy gun, but did you see that video? The cops pulled up and executed the kid. Not 5 seconds later and the kid was dead. That's less time than it takes to say "hands up" and see if there's an appropriate or inappropriate response.
Cops were called in for a person with a gun pointing it at people, right? So obviously they would not have known it was a toy. But I agree it was handled terribly and the cop that shot should have lost his job and gotten time. There was no reason to pull up that closely.

My point was just that this one was more than just “right up there” with Tamir Rice. It’s easy to see how the cops in that situation would go in ready to defend themselves. Here, not so much.

*Replica pistol
*He was a very large kid
*Flourishing a REPLICA

Truly tragic, but your post is hyperbolic nonsense and a large part of why we'll never be able to actually remedy these things. You rely on emotion. Facts be damned.

Last edited:
Back