Official AMD "Ryzen" CPU Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
1700 and the MSI x370 gaming pro carbon
Nice, the store where I ordered my parts has that one in stock as well but it's $289 AUD while the one I'm getting is $159, so it's out of my budget lol

From Paul's Hardware, I gotta get around to watching it myself lol

Nice, the store where I ordered my parts has that one in stock as well but it's $289 AUD while the one I'm getting is $159, so it's out of my budget lol
Yeah it was $179 USD which took me $83 over my budget. Then my dumb ass saw a 1TB SSD on "sale" and had to get that too. So my kids wont eat a few days next month, it's happened before, and probably will again...lol

Kidding, there's no probably involved.

I ordered the Ryzen 1700 and the Asrock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 motherboard.

Just gotta wait till the end of the week.

<GinJuice>

Fatal1ty%20AB350%20Gaming%20K4(L1).png

I also bought Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 RAM (8 GB) and got the NZXT S340 case. I already have the power supply from my current comp and the GPU (HD 6670), I will be upgrading to a new GPU in a few months but this is a huge upgrade for me anyway coming from an APU build lol
<6>
ASROCK
<6>

What's wrong with it?
Asrock stuff is just above what comes in a Dell or HP. They'll get the job, but IMO I'd spend the extra $10-$20 on something a little better like Asus or Gigabyte.
Motherboard tiers IMO
Tier 1
Asus
Gigabyte

Tier 2
MSI
EVGA

Tier 3
Biostar
ECS
Asrock

Asrock stuff is just above what comes in a Dell or HP. They'll get the job, but IMO I'd spend the extra $10-$20 on something a little better like Asus or Gigabyte.
Motherboard tiers IMO
Tier 1
Asus
Gigabyte

Tier 2
MSI
EVGA

Tier 3
Biostar
ECS
Asrock

What are you even talking about with tiers for motherboards? ASRock, and MSI have been putting out very good quality motherboards for some time now.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-motherboards,3984.html

Just like power supplies of any other component you can't simply judge by company name, you have to look at accurately reviews.

What are you even talking about with tiers for motherboards? ASRock, and MSI have been putting out very good quality motherboards for some time now.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-motherboards,3984.html

Just like power supplies of any other component you can't simply judge by company name, you have to look at accurately reviews.
I have looked at the reviews, etc and that's my personal opinion. They're not on the same level. Asrock has always been known as a budget brand. Will they work ok? yes. Are the components as high quality, things like how many layers the motherboard has? No.
Toms only ranks boards that get sent to them to test so for them to say "this one" is the best one to buy is absurd. There's a reason why they always pick MSI, Gigabyte, and Asrock stuff.

Power supplies are vastly different. If it's an MSI board, MSI made it. Power supplies can be make by who the hell knows and re branded.

I have looked at the reviews, etc and that's my personal opinion. They're not on the same level. Asrock has always been known as a budget brand. Will they work ok? yes. Are the components as high quality, things like how many layers the motherboard has? No.
Toms only ranks boards that get sent to them to test so for them to say "this one" is the best one to buy is absurd. There's a reason why they always pick MSI, Gigabyte, and Asrock stuff.

Power supplies are vastly different. If it's an MSI board, MSI made it. Power supplies can be make by who the hell knows and re branded.

You can find reviews on Tom's for ASUS boards as well. So they do have ASUS boards to compare. ASRock stated as a budget brand, but now competes at the higher end and makes some very good boards, using just as high of quality components. Right now all the major motherboard manufactures are putting out very good quality motherboards, and that can be seen by the reviews of those boards. So to say that you are looking at the reviews and you opinion is ASRock and MSI are not as good is nonsensical.

It's not hard to find out who made the power supplies, and that does not address my point.

You can find reviews on Tom's for ASUS boards as well. So they do have ASUS boards to compare. ASRock stated as a budget brand, but now competes at the higher end and makes some very good boards, using just as high of quality components. Right now all the major motherboard manufactures are putting out very good quality motherboards, and that can be seen by the reviews of those boards. So to say that you are looking at the reviews and you opinion is ASRock and MSI are not as good is nonsensical.

It's not hard to find out who made the power supplies, and that does not address my point.

You need to look at more than just tech reviews. Look at forums and you'll see there's a lot more problems with MSI and Asrock stuff compared to the higher brands.
Things like that affect my choices greatly, I don't know about you.

You need to look at more than just tech reviews. Look at forums and you'll see there's a lot more problems with MSI and Asrock stuff compared to the higher brands.
Things like that affect my choices greatly, I don't know about you.

So it's not the reviews, it the forums now. You're backtracking now.

So it's not the reviews, it the forums now. You're backtracking now.

et cetera (in English; /ɛtˈsɛtərə/; Latin pronunciation: [ɛt ˈkeːtɛra]) (rare: etceteros) (abbreviation: etc. or &c. (US English) or etc or &c (UK English))[1][2] is a Latin expression that means "and other similar things", or "and so forth".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Also, did you miss the part that said IMO. You understand what IMO means don't you?

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, these benchmarks are giving me fucking blue balls, at this point.

Then do tell what the ect. is.
When you do research on a part you plan on buying, do you just go to the tech reviewers and that's it? Or do you look at product ratings from the sellers and look at forums also?

Status
Not open for further replies.