[OFFICIAL] Jean Pascal vs Lucian Bute 5/25: Biggest Fight in the History of Canada

they expect this to be at the olympics stadium. seeing how bute was selling 15,000 tickets on his own forever. and pascal could do close to that. this could easily do 25,000+ they are huge name stars in quebec.

and I don't know if this is the biggest boxing fight in canada history.
but it's the biggest fight with two canadians.

they'd had HUGE boxing matches in montreal with 1 or 0 canadian fighters before that were really big.

I want to. but I have other things around that time. if I went I'd be able to stay 4 days in montreal or maybe even only 3. but if I wait until after summer I can stay easily stay a week or 2 is what I want. Vancouver to montreal tickets are over priced sadly.

My parents still live in montreal, perhaps I came make the trip up there if this does happen

Pick em fight. Pascal isn't a guy who just stands in front of someone, so Bute will need more than his uppercut.

I think Pascal does well early, probably builds a lead and then gets caught with something late but it will be too little too late. Pascal is durable.

I feel like Bute will lose this fight.

if pascal takes an early lead the fight is over. bute is a front runner.

On a side note, Yvon Michel is also dealing to have Adonis Stevenson face Chad Dawson instead of Pascal.

If Adonis wins his fight friday against Boone, his june 8 fight with Dawson will be officially announced in the following hours

It's at the bell centre and they are selling around 25,000 tickets to this.

Seeing how bute could sell 16,000 vs glen johnson. 25,000 isn't out of question.

Man, on the same night than UFC 160.

God dammit, I don't want to pick between them.

It's at the bell centre and they are selling around 25,000 tickets to this.

Seeing how bute could sell 16,000 vs glen johnson. 25,000 isn't out of question.

About 22,000 tickets were printed.

ufcs card looks kind of weak. I'd go with this.

Difficult to see how they hype these matchups as competitive. Pascal Bute will at least be interesting what Bute has left, and if the Froch fight has spoiled him or not.

They sold already 20,000 tickets.

Last edited:
Pascal's a scary man. Throws every punch well and has big power. His stamina is the only variable in this fight, IMO. This entire fight depends on Jean's cardio.

pascal has roy jones in his camp as well and is training in vegas.

I wonder if he will learn how to rap.

Pascal's a scary man. Throws every punch well and has big power. His stamina is the only variable in this fight, IMO. This entire fight depends on Jean's cardio.

Pascal is one of the few fighters I get genuinely excited to watch (as opposed to watching fighters because they're on top and you can't not acknowledge them to know the sport).

Pascal is one of the few fighters I get genuinely excited to watch (as opposed to watching fighters because they're on top and you can't not acknowledge them to know the sport).

Yeah you never know what's gonna happen when he steps in there. He's been to a ton of decisions lately but he's still a big puncher and his left hook is outstanding, despite his deceptive KO ratio. Definitely an exciting dude to watch.

Back