Official Judo Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
japanese are getting less golds than previous olympiads

I got to be the last post on the old thread? I'm honored.

Oh and WAR JUDO!

Catch has just started thread number 4.

Catch has just started thread number 4.

Yes but we're too busy to post because we're training?

or is it because we get more tail from the opposite sex?

Japan is really failing hard in Judo at these Olympics.

Huge congrats to Kayla Harrison

US finally has a Olympic Judo gold medal

Japan is really failing hard in Judo at these Olympics.

I think that judo has simply become a world sport and there are many great athletes and gyms/dojos/training centers around the world have embraced judo for what it is.

Judo may have it origins in Japanese culture but it now belongs to the world. Jigaro kano never intended Judo just be just Japanese-centric he did envision Judo as an international cultural phenomena - He was ahead of his time, considering his ideas were developed in the age of imperialism and two world wars.

Huge congrats to Kayla Harrison

US finally has a Olympic Judo gold medal

Dangit! I've been avoiding the Olympic Judo thread so I wouldn't see spoilers and watch it @ 4:30!!!

Congrats to Kayla though, obviously.

i was really impressed with the brittish girl,fought with so much heart, thre for yuko in the last 10 secs of her 1/4 final to win you could tell how much she wanted to performm in front of her home crowd.

Does anyone else do Walking handstand as a warm up in their Judo school?

i find this kinda retarded to do as, not everyone has the time to learn to do this and we are wasting time to do this during class as a warm up when we can be doing more uchi komi's lol.

i find this kinda retarded to do as, not everyone has the time to learn to do this and we are wasting time to do this during class as a warm up when we can be doing more uchi komi's lol.

For some of us at our club, "we try", usually the better athletic guys are good at the various hand stand drills. Dam. It took me a bit to get used to being inverted like that.

I'm not a fan of the walking handstand too

Hi guys, glad too se a judo sticky, I have been watching the olympics and watching the Judo, I was wondering I am 20 years old coming on 21, am I to old to try Judo out? I have no previous experience but would like to learn? thanks in advance

Hi guys, glad too se a judo sticky, I have been watching the olympics and watching the Judo, I was wondering I am 20 years old coming on 21, am I to old to try Judo out? I have no previous experience but would like to learn? thanks in advance
No, you're not too old at all. Look up your national Judo federation web page and they will almost certainly have a list of clubs.

You'll never be an Olympian, but I started at 30, 20 is just a young pup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back