Official Judo Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's just too bad, because because of this, my judo school doesn't really teach these techniques. I'm sure they'd have been of great use if I decide to go mma.

No. The post-Beijing ruleset was good compromise between encouraging classical judo and recognising that leg grabs are legitimate techniques that are perfectly compatible with ippon judo & seiryoku zenyo (minimum effort, maximum effect).

Agree completely. Hopefully we see a return to this ruleset in the future - banning leg grabs completely is going to leave a generation of Judoka with a gaping hole in their Judo.

It sucks you lose just for touching the leg by accident.

What? Hansokumate? I thought you just get shido'ed?

if you touch the leg at all while someone is standing.

if you push it out from under you to counter a tomeonage? DQ.
if you're sweeping a standing opponent from guard and grab their leg? DQ.

if you touch the leg at all while someone is standing.

They also reduced hold down time from 25-20 seconds and removed two handed grip breaking.

and got rid of standups for people that shoulder walk out of bounds

It's dumb!!

Forced me to develop a good footsweep game cause my turn around throws suck.

Mind=blown.
Are you sure about the first one? If he's on the bottom about to perform a sacrafice throw, and you're standing, you can't touch his legs is what you're saying?
And for the second one, that's just bullcrap, lol.

Pretty soon you will be disqualified for stepping onto the mat funny.

All this to entertain the 'fans' and 'audience' who mostly know too little about judo, and they kinda ruined most of the martial art, am I right?

All this to entertain the 'fans' and 'audience' who mostly know too little about judo, and they kinda ruined most of the martial art, am I right?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10299-1376678838-23.gif

The funny thing is that the only people who watch Judo are Judoka, Sambists and the occasional Jiujiteiro anyway.

I think it sucks as morote gari was starting to be a great technique for me. Fortunately we still get to train it and allow it in randori at my school, the only time they don't is when someone's preparing for a tournament and you're working with them. Fortunately my sasae is coming along, blending it well with ouchi and osoto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back