Official Judo Thread

I think I'm not smart enough the understand the competition layout...How do the repechage-rounds work?
Edit: You lose in the quarter finals and then get one repechage-fight, if you win it you get to fight the winner of the other repechage-fight for a bronze medal? And the other bronze medal is being fought for by the two competitors that lose in the semis?

Kind of sad this was enough to stop the match.

l0MYtxiu1PKmf4q2c.gif

d3MK3VmZ8rpwlLCo.gif

Some of these guys dont even try.

l46CcDqlmUKKtRtvy.gif

l46Cnhmbq6BFUZvQQ.gif

l0MYHECYMYGg6Jb9K.gif

Last edited:
Kind of sad this was enough to stop the match.

l0MYtxiu1PKmf4q2c.gif

To be fair that was pretty blatant repeated and intentional use of the arm to block the leg and stop the throw.

Not an accidental or isolated leg contact.

That is a beautiful uchimata counter posted above.

They seem to be allowing significant use of leg entanglements in throws. I had thought those were illegal, but I've seen several throws completed so far with very heavy leg entanglements controlling the attacked leg.

Many thanks to Ladder Master for posting all these awesome gifs.

Is Big Ronda competing at +78kg?

Margvelashvili from Georgia lost to a bullshit ippon after bridging from newaza. Would like to se a video or gif of that incident if someone knows where to find it.

Margvelashvili from Georgia lost to a bullshit ippon after bridging from newaza. Would like to se a video or gif of that incident if someone knows where to find it.

I saw that and it was not really bullshit ... It was a clear throw except for a defensive bridge to keep the back and shoulders off the floor, and that's an ippon under the new rules.

It wasn't a bridge from newaza as I recall it happening.

I saw that and it was not really bullshit ... It was a clear throw except for a defensive bridge to keep the back and shoulders off the floor, and that's an ippon under the new rules.

It wasn't a bridge from newaza as I recall it happening.

That's why I want to see it again, for me it looked that attacker was on his knees and the continuity of the throw was haltered. Maybe it's just me that is more used to oldschool rules...;)

There is a Canadian site where you can watch HD videos of live and recaps of olympic events with no
sign in.

http://olympics.cbc.ca/video/vod/judo-aug-elimination-rounds-and-quarterfinals-32942.html

the only kicker is that you have to make your IP address look like you are in Canada using a VPN or other methods.

An Baul past Ebinuma into the finals, and nakamura out and into the bronze fight. Bad for Japanese hopes.

Basile into the final round against An Baul, both guys beasting.

up by a Yuko? 2 minutes left? No penalties? Just play defense and run away! GOLD MEDAL YUKO BABY

Basile showing how judo is done ... sensational attacking performance. No fear.

An Baul surprisingly tentative and I'm glad he paid the ultimate price for it.

Back