Official Judo Thread

With Nagase out, the unpronounceable snarl of Georgian consonants looks like he has an easy path to gold. The Bulgarian and Russian are the only guys left who look threatening.

"Im coming to US, to break his ankles" - Onq, after the last match

With Nagase out, the unpronounceable snarl of Georgian consonants looks like he has an easy path to gold. The Bulgarian and Russian are the only guys left who look threatening.

FUUUUUUCKKKK!!!!

enhanced-30282-1404405708-43.jpg

tumblr_m8gsntsLad1qipm4jo1_500.png

Like an ocean of freedom, drowning all in its wake.

i'm sorry, I can't hear your sass with all this freedom ringing in my ears

Going by rankings, it looks like we can expect a Georgia v. Russia war in the finals. But I'm hoping for a Freedom v. Bought-with-oil-SlavicForeigner clash in the finals.

I don't know who the Aussie guy commentating with Neil Adams is but I feel like judo finally has its own Mike Goldberg.

Where are you guys watching the preliminary matches?

I don't know who the Aussie guy commentating with Neil Adams is but I feel like judo finally has its own Mike Goldberg.
Adams is doing a wonderful job though, in my opinion. Right balance for the layman and for the informed.

rootin for Gerbi and the Bulgarian in repechage

Gerbi absolutely threw that for Ippon. Not sure how they let that Bridge go.

Another match demonstrating why rule penalties need to come back. No disincentive to stalling after running up the score.

It was not to be for Ivaylo. Bummer.

Let's see if Nagase can redeem himself.

Nagase hoisting that Frenchman for the win. Nice. Now he has a shot at adding to Japan's avalanche of bronze disappointment.

Wow. Tashiro loses by the truly humiliating score of 0s1 to 0. What a lame way to go out in the semifinals. Japan now has nothing but bronze chances out of either division today. Gonna be France v. Slovenia for the woman's finals.

Now for perhaps USA's best judo medal chance, Stevens versus the fearsome Georgian, but I have faith in the enduring power of freedom.

Back